main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One What was your reaction the first time seeing the Vader hallway scene?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Blue 5, May 9, 2017.

1. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003

I admire your detailed analysis however, somethings like a sunset or a rose or the first snowfall of the season are to be appreciated and not analyzed ;)

Sarge likes this.
  2. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

The Vader slaughter scene is most definitely a very, very well constructed terrifying and at the same time thrilling scene indeed. :D

3. 2old2Bhere

2old2Bhere Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    The best part of the movie that almost wasn't.

4. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    The first time I saw Rogue One I was disappointed in the movie overall. However, the Vader hallway scene made my jaw drop and my heart race. I couldn't believe that they put such an epic scene in the movie.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Vader's assault on the Rebel troops was the only thing they could insert into the film after all of the brilliance of Admiral Raddus and not have it automatically fail.

6. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Raddus is the climax of the movie.

Everything that happens after Raddus is just the cooling down phase of the movie.

7. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

What people fails to point out is that the Vader rampage scene is not just the best scene in Rogue One it's the best Vader moment in all of these flicks.

wobbits and 2old2Bhere like this.
  8. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    It's a pretty epic scene and one that came out of nowhere. First time I saw it I didn't realize I was holding my breath until after the windfall was over. What an amazing cap on a great story. And to finally see Vader in true action is his armor was well worth the wait.

Blue 5, Resic and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS

JEDIMASTERSHONDELLS Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    As soon as the troopers slowed and turned, I began edging out of my seat.

I sensed, as the camera tracked down the darkened corridor, that Vader was now going to do 'something'. I started nervously laughing and one of my friends liked at me, he still hadn't quite caught up to this possibility himself.

To hear his iconic breathing pouring out the black before the ensuing snap-hiss lit up his stage had me smiling like the Cheshire Cat. The resultant walk of carnage had me fully laughing in disbelief and awe. I caught myself, I was practically up on my feet in joyous Star Wars rapture by the time we got to "Launch!"

My two friends and I left that cinema on a complete high because, as the overall film was decent anyhow, those last few minutes before the credits rolled were inspired and unexpected.

Lady_Misty and Steve McGarrett like this.
  10. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    My first reaction is this is probably the only scene in the film that will be remembered.

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I found myself wondering why he bothered with the 501st. Seriously, the way he went through the Rebels, I was thinking the Boys in White were just slowing him down...

12. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    I really enjoyed R1, but the Vader hallway scene was by far and away the standout moment. Been a long time in the waiting, but well worth it!

13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

All it takes is one Rebel to draw a bead on Vader while he's turned the other way. Order 66 showed that Force-wielders aren't invincible. The key to taking them down is surprise.

Lady_Misty and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Reaction: shock & awe. Perfect & incredible scene.

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Resignation

Lt. Hija likes this.
  16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    My favorite thing about the sequence is it's juxtaposition against the heavenly look of Tantive IV and the angelic Leia. Angels and demons. Purely elemental. And a perfect transition from the historical realism of RO to the mythic pulp of ANH.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's all well and good but how awesome is the MCU? Spider-Man... you excited?! :p

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    OMG you have no idea!

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's okay. We all know how you love it. You don't have to make a scene. :p

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, I just watched it for the first time, and it was okay, I guess. Would have been much better if it had any weight, any effect, on the plot or the characters. But it doesn't. I think it being rather late, rather short and rather meaningless was the reason it didn't have any effect on me.

21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    It showed the fragility of hope in the face of evil. And that the maintenance of hope requires many people working together against evil, not just a few superheroes. The Rebel soldiers who were mowed down in the face of Vader's demonic onslaught are just as heroic as the Rogue One crew. I found that to be an unconventional, but refreshing and powerful coda to the story. This film wasn't about the egos of a few main characters. It was about the value of a team, working together to do the right thing. The ending was perfectly consistent with that theme, and nearly perfect because of it.

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    To be completely honest, Vader was the part of the film I was looking forward to, especially seeing as how we all knew what would happen to the main characters. I didn't spoil any of it for myself so all of his appearances were great moments for me. I heard the hiss of the saber and immediately leaned forward in my seat. I don't think I stopped saying "Oh, my god!" through his whole final scene.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    "Woah!" It was bloody awesome! And the shot of Vader standing on the edge of the ship looking out at the ship that had just escaped was really badass.

Rogue One actually changed my opinion on Vader quite a bit and made me like him a lot more.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Between the Classic Trilogy, Rogue One, the new comics and Rebels, life is good for Vader fans. And I'm someone who liked ROTS as well!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  25. The One Above All

The One Above All Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 11, 2017
    The scene was cool, but I wish it had been longer. I also think something like this might have worked better in the middle of the movie, rather than being crammed into the ending. You could have then used it, instead of the meeting with Krennic, as Vader's big entrance.