main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your reaction when you knew Darth Vader was Luke's father?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by TheChosenOne095, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Like most posters above, I don't ever remember not knowing. ESB came out 5 years before I was born, and the first of the movies I ever saw was either RoTJ at my daycare or ESB hosted by Carrie Fisher on 'SiFi' when I was 4 or 5, though I can't remember which was first. As a consequence those too were always my favorites, as they're more interconnected than with ANH.

2. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I don't remember much from my initial viewings of the films when I was a kid. Honestly, the only thing I remember when ANH was initially released was trying to go to the theater and finding out it was sold out! Even though most of my initial viewing experiences have been lost to time, I actually do remember my reaction when I first heard Vader say that he was Luke's father. I remember turning to my dad and whispering to him, "Dad, is he lying?" He then replied, "You know, I don't really know." I had a father who was a very uninvolved parent, so it might not be much, but it's a nice memory for me.:)

In the years between TESB and ROTJ, I was skeptical but I wasn't sure one way or another.

Pensivia and Beautiful_Disaster like this.
  3. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    I was too young to see ANH in theaters so when ESB came out my mom took me and my friends to see it. ESB was the first Star Wars movie I ever saw.

We all thought Vader was a total liar!

darth ladnar likes this.