main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was your ultimate fan moment? (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by WIERD_GREEN_MAN, Oct 15, 2012.

1. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    You know those moments - when you can't breathe, break out in a sweat, get super excited, that you can live over and over again and still want more. Maybe it's the start of the A New Hope opening crawl. Maybe it's when Harry Potter runs through the train station wall. Maybe it's the plant or flying bike scene in ET. Maybe it's when the ugly car comes back cool and yellow in Transformers, and the adventure really begins. What was your top moment?

Mine has to be the last few seconds of TRON: The Next Day, when Sam Flynn is asked in front of a group of media if he has any statements for the press. He unzips his jacket to reveal a FLYNN LIVES shirt. Fast music plays, cameras make noise, and the film ends. I had such a strong reaction to this, even though I like Star Wars more than TRON, this moment totally pushed my Star Wars moments out from the top spot.

Rules: Your moment has to be something from published media - so other people can watch TRON: The Next Day and see what I'm talking about. Anything that can be experienced in a standardized form - movies, songs, comics, books, these are all fair game. The time you met Tara Strong (or Stan Lee, Ray Park, finally perfected the fondant on your R2 cake, won the costume contest, etc.) is not.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I have too many to name.

Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul was a major one.

There's far too many in Lord of the Rings.

In Harry Potter, Snape's memories in Deathly Hallows.

The 20 minutes of Hobbit footage we watched at Comic-Con left me a crying hysterical mess.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Agreed, but one standout is when the entire freaking city of Minis Tirith bows to the four hobbits. When I saw that I was like "now that shows how freaking important Frodo's journey was."

Also a recent one was watching The Dark Knight Rises and seeing the return of the Batcave. I was bummed it wasn't in TDK, so I waited and waited until TDKR came, and was super happy to see it.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I have a lot of those fan moments.

However, I think the ultimate one for me, is Spock's death in STII: Wrath of Khan. Tugs on every emotion I have every time I see it, still.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007

/thread

Miana Kenobi likes this.