main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary What was your very #1st Star Wars collectible?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Right after ESB, I ran out and bought the Bespin Luke Kenner 3-inch. It was all about that uniform. I have both (brown & blond) hair, loose figs, with no blasters.

2. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    The first thing I owned was Rebel Assault. That game was what hooked me to SW. Even though it's such a stupid, non-canon, doesn't-even-let-you-fly-where-you-want game, it will always hold special significance for me.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The 12 inch LP of the movie (ANH). I hadn't seen either ANH or Empire but someone gave my parents this record and I used to listen to it every chance I got. It wasn't until Jedi came out that I found out it was an actual MOVIE. :eek:
    We moved so many times over the years, the record was lost. But this Christmas, I got another copy and it was so surreal. Like my childhood was contained in that record - AMAZING.

4. TK4130

TK4130 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    The first thing I owned was the soundtrack, but it was a rip off soundtrack. It was a blue record, sith the music from 2001 on the B-side (still have it today). The first REAL (as in something I bought myself) collectible was a 3 1/4 stormtrooper, my family was on holidays down in Montana in 1977, and I saw the trooper (beside a plastic cape jawa), and had to have it. The next day I picked up the Darth Vader. I still have both figures today, with the original gun and lightsaber. Ahhh...the good old days, I was 9.

5. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_dancing] For me it was a Ewok book when I was little. My sister and I shared it and it did not survive our childhood. We wore that poor book out! However it was very loved as our first SW item. Too bad I don't still have it.:_|

However the collection I have now more than makes up for it.

6. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    My first was the original Luke Skywalker Kenner action figure. I was about 4, and it was springtime. My dad stopped for smokes at a nearby 7-11 (yup, I'm sure about this) and I saw it on a rack. I asked for it and he said ok, surely not realizing what he was starting...

My parents tell me I promptly stopped playing with all my Sesame Street toys and only played with only my Luke figure (and chewed on the lightsaber) every single day for MONTHS. Luke had no allies or enemies until Christmas. I still have Luke and the lightsaber isn't that gross when it's slid into his arm.

7. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I don't know what my first collectable was, but the Christmas after ESB was very good to me.

I remember playing with my Slave I in the family room. I didn't have a Fett figure so I used a stormtrooper. My mom once said that she thought that in the next movie they should get "the frozen guy" out. I looked at my Han in carbonite and thought "NO WAY, he's gone!"

Who knew my mom was right :confused:

8. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    The earliest SW stuff I had were a few action figures. I don't remember the order, but the earliest ones were a pilot Luke and X-Wing, Emperor Palpatine, A sandtrooper, and a TIE fighter. Funny, I've had that stuff for a decade and I still don't have a TIE pilot.

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Not to sure what my first toy was? but it might have been in this bunch.
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/sw1.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/sw2.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/sw3.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/sw4.jpg]

I also had the read along story book that we listened to in 1978 from BC to Estavan SK non stop. My mother say she can still pretty much hear it in her head.

Ryan

10. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Very nice collection Prelude! You had a great start in the SW collecting.

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    That was the box I was telling you about under my parents stairs. I got it at christmas time when I was back in BC. I'm not sure when my x-wings went, I guess they never survived.
    I still couldn't believe I had stuff in the original boxes either.

Ryan

12. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Wow.. it is a good thing you had them safely stashed and your parents didn't sell them. My friend had a bad thing happen. His parents gave away a whole box of vintage toys to some charity thinking they were of no use keeping. Some were SW and other types too...he was needless to say crushed when he found out.:_|

13. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    The first collectable that I got was the ANH poster on opening weekend. Nor sure if it was the real opening weekend, but the opening in my home town. For Christmas that year, I got the sheets, pillow case, and curtains. And a landspeeder.

Nothing survived.

Darth Paul

ps. I quess that this makes me the oldest.

14. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    think that most remember that read-along story book, ESB, and SW, not so much ROTJ though. And replaced Hoth Luke with that Hoth trooper, "How many did that?" Also remember playing SEGA Rebel assault 2 on SEGA, for nearly 5 hours straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.