main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHAT WE NEED IS A DOUBLE_DECKER>>>>>

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    That's what would be perfect fer the Jawa Transport......or one of the school buses with the flat nose......everyone keep yur eyes peeled, and anyone in gov circles, find out if any buses are in auction houses locally......I don't really want to have to go out of state in order to get one, but I will if need be. Remember, all it's gotta do is run....barely......FLOL!

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    No double deckers, we have to go through Kansas, remember? And we'd be better off w/ the ones w/ the "nose." That way we could get all of the "extras" into the paint job (ie ewok & gungan road kill).

3. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Nope....wind does not concern me, Admiral.....and doubles are exactly 14'6".....and it looks like the nosed-ones are the only one's I can get cheap.....but the design of the JAWA SANDCRAWLER is not going to show that nose anyway......I plan on makin' it realistic, ya kno?! Did yu see my post on what I found in Chicago?

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    did you get tipped over when you were driving trucks through Ks or something Jen? You seem to have a real beef with Kansas crosswind.

5. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Well I am going to put my $0.02 in.....

I think a flat nosed diesel pusher would be the best way to go, would get a little better fuel economy and diesel is usually a couple cents cheaper a gallon.

Or if you get one with a nose, go with a diesel if you can....

6. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    but gas is cheaper to repair and buy parts for.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I heard Jenn Talking about this last night sounds so cool!!!!

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i just remembered , my best friend had a huge school bus when we were in cali . we were gonna make a tour bus out of it . it was almost brand new , and he got it for $1,000 . no typo , a grand . call the school districts !

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    also i think a regular school bus would be big enough to fit everyone that would go . the bottom should have a (CARGO HOLD) , we could do a sleeping area in the back large enough to fit about 10 bunks , a table area for games and eating in shifts , and a sitting area next to the driver .

this is gonna be sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    The ones I found in CHICAGO are all the old long-nosed bluebirds......they're gas, but I can keep gas runnin' just fine, like the CHUNK said.....and at $500, they're perfect....FLOL!!!

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    bluebirds are what the military always uses (at least on the bases I've seen). I think I'd have flashbacks to basic too often if I was riding on one :(

12. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    One look at the new and improved Jawa SuperCrawler, and all those bad memories will fade away.................

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I sure hope so.

Question though. If it has the protruding front top thing, won't that cause some problems for seeing while driving?

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I've been talkin' to the Highway Patrol about that.....probably have to install plexi windows at driver's level, and have panels that can close over them while on static display....I'll work on it.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    And we'll need a little fridge. :D You know to store all those treats and stuff.

16. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I know a friend of mine that's selling an RV type of thing for 9,000 obo. It looks cool. Has Generator on it and everything. That would be our best bet, it already looks like a sandcrawler lmao!

17. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    this is gona be cool. i really thoght these threads would fade, but Tim your a madman & its great. Ive got a mini fridge- it plugs into the wall(obviously) but- maybe one of you is an electronics wiz & we can hook it to something else (waits for tim to respond with a bunch of technical info i wont understand) - maybe whoever is driving should be wearing a jawa costume - just for consistency.

18. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Have we decided on what the design is going to be? I'm all for a Republic Transport.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Somebody give me a way to post the pic on these boards, and I'll show yu my simple rendition of the Jawa SuperCrawler.....FLOL! And no, I don't think a final decision on design has been approved....probably should happen at the CS meeting.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Why do we need a bus? Of all things in this world, why a bus? LOL 8-}

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yu know any other vehicle I can get for $500 that'll allow for a Sandcrawler skin, and still haul 40-60 people?! FLOL!!!!!

22. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    well our first choice was a ferrari, but we didn't think very many RMFF members would fit in it.

23. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Well, my first choice would be a reworked Navy LCAC......Bravo will kno what I'm talkin' about, won't ya, military-man!?

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Whoa... I just had the strongest sense of Dejavous... :eek: Creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.