main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What went on during the Vader/Fett/Solo/Leia/Lando/Chewie Dinner on Bespin?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ghostduster, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostduster

ghostduster Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    While watching ESB last night on Spike, I thought yet again "I wonder what they talked about (assuming ANYTHING was discussed) after Vader "invited" Solo and Company to join him at the table on Bespin...maybe this has been brought up before, but I'd like to hear what you think! Who spoke first? Vader? Leia? Did the "dinner" even HAPPEN? Or did troopers come in and take them away to their cells? Did Chewie get tazed?

2. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, chewie couldn't stop taking other peoples food so he had to be "excused". Leia told vader it was a good meal and Han was in a bad mood all night. Boba fett and Han started playing cards halfway through dinner and leia got pissed off. The only thing that Vader said through the whole dinner was "pass the corn, please". That is what happened at the dinner party.

3. ghostduster

ghostduster Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    LOL- but I thought Vader was allergic to corn? And no WONDER Fett is so mad at Solo- didn't he win the Falcon playing Sabacc or something? BAD move on Fetts part...

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Yep, Fett wasn't thinking i guess. Oh and i almost forgot, leia got a little drunk.

5. Kalas_Raven

Kalas_Raven Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2008
    Robot Chicken did a vid on that. Sadly I can't find it on youtube. It must have gotten deleted. ;_; It's really funny.

Darth Vader: "Alderan, a peaceful planet. BOOOOOOMMMM!!!!! Big lazer!! BOOOOOOOOAAAMM!!!! Alderan chunks EVERYWHERE!"

6. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    I also forgot to add Lando. Let's see, he started a food fight that ended with the loss of an arm.

7. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Well, I'm guessing there was no dinner. This is a bad thread. I imagin their taken and the Han gets "gasp" frozen in carbon.

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    How would Vader even eat dinner?

9. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
  10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    We are not told that there is a time lapse between that scene and the next part of the movie, so I agree with this statement. It is logical that, since Vader cannot eat, that there would not actually be a dinner during the time we don't see.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Vader apparently eats via a feeding tube. But yes, I doubt a dinner actually happened. How could Han, Leia, and Chewbacca actually have an appetite when they just found themselves in a situation like that? And I think Vader's "we would be honored if you would join us" line was delivered like that just to mess with them a little more... not because there was an actual meal that anyone thought would get eaten.

12. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    RobotChicken's explanation is classic.

I imagine that Vader probably taunted them and told them how their Rebellion was a joke. Who knows maybe he even told Leia that he started it knowing she would never believe it.

13. Sgt_Cade

Sgt_Cade Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    It doesn't seem that anything was really discussed at the dinner on Bespin. Since it is implied in the movie that Vader never even told Han or Leia his intentions on capturing Luke. Only when Lando told them in the prison cell did they actually figure out why they were being tortured, and the only use Vader had for them was to bait Skywalker.

14. Darth-Genocide

Darth-Genocide Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2008
    Vader stuffed mashed potatoes through the grill on his mask (heard that somewhere, thought it was an hilarious idea).

15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    A few years ago, we had a thread on this that went on for pages to the point of utter, hilarious absurdity. I wish I could find that thread in the archives, because it was unbelievably funny. Leia getting sloshed while Vader shoves mashed potatoes through his mouth-grill are only the tip of the iceberg, I assure you.

Let's see if we can approximate the humor from that earlier thread! I'm of the opinion that they were dining on roast gundark, which Vader sliced into paper-thin portions with a vibrating mini-lightsaber, and that when Lando asked Vader to pass the collard greens the NAACP dropped in to politically correct everyone at the table.

Anyone else?

16. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I remember that thread, Merlin, Vader refered to Leia as his daughter and it was like she was having a boyfriend (Han) at dinner.

17. mojodaddy

mojodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    Vader: has anyone ever seen a pod-race
    Han: We have pod-racing on Corellia. Very fast, very dangerous.
    Vader: I'm the only human who can do it.
    Han: You must have Jedi reflexes.
    Vader: I was wondering something...
    Han: What's that?
    Vader: You're a smuggler, aren't you?
    Han: What makes you say that?
    Vader: I saw your ship. Only smugglers fly that kind of ship. Perhaps you tortured a smuggler and stole it from him.
    Han: That's impossible... No one can torture a smuggler.
    Vader: You'll wish that were so...

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    mabye we will find out in the SUPER special edition

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Wouldn't that turn them into fries?

Or chips, even?

21. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    halfway through vader got drunk and started crying and talking about jacob nion and how he misses him, everyone thought he was drunk tho so it is ok

22. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
  23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Since when, does Vader know German? :p

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Vader said "I need more Gravey for my suit." Then Cheiwe yelled in wookie languge at Vader "stop farting." [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

25. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Not if they're mashed potatoes. If however he shoved a whole potato through his face-grill, slicing it on the vertical slats as it passed through, and cooking them with the intense heat of his respirator, then yes. They would turn into fries the instant before he began to chew them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.