main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What were Palpatines original plans?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Rauno, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Figured it all started in the prequels so this was the right place. This may have been covered in the novels or whereever but most of the books i've read were from the Old Republic era so i'm curious.

Anyway, Sidious took Anakin as his apprentice. Death Star, Order 66 etc. were always the plan. However GL stated that Vader was 80% of Palpatine (please correct me if i'm wrong) and hadn't Anakin sustained all the injuries in Mustafar, he could've surpassed Palps. Vader himself knew that he wasn't a match against Sidious on his own but Anakin didn't think so. Anakin was Darth Vader for a mere hours and already was speaking of overthrowing The Emperor to Padme. Obviously Mustafar wasn't in the plan and Sidious himself stated that Anakin would become more powerful than Yoda and himself. That all changed when Anakin was put in that armor. If that hadn't happened however..he must have known that Anakin would face him at one point. What i'm kind of asking is, is there anything out there that covers this area?

EDIT: Might as well close the thread. Found a similar thread in the 1st page.. Should have read more.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Locked: Redundant thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.