main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What were your first thoughts on the AOTC soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by darkOmegazer0, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    AtS is a beautiful piece of music. It may seem odd...but parts of it remind me of a tune called 'Greensleaves', an English song dating back to around the 12th Century. It has exactly that kind of wistful but romantic element to it.

Unlike the bold sweeping score for Han and Leia, AtS is a much more delicate piece and very poignant. I love the consert version of it on the soundtrack, showing its versitility as it flows through different instruments and tempos as only the best SW themes do.

And the famous segue into it after 'Dawn of the Empire' is just classic Star Wars. It gathers up all the booming evil of the Imperial March and bursts it back out into the love theme. Great stuff.

2. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I like all of the soundtracks.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    "Well, this is better than the TPM soundtrack." That'd be a good description of my reaction.

At least there wasn't any made-up stuff on it, like "The Appearance of Darth Maul". :)

And I love than they stuffed the whole finale in there. That statement of the Imperial March is great.

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, they didn't quite get the entire Finale stuffed into Track 13. It's missing the Emperor's Theme that plays as Dooku returns to Coruscant.

But I agree that the IM at the "Dawn Of The Empire" is awesome! That was the first track I played after I rushed to buy the soundtrack on my lunch the day after the midnight showing.

:)

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah it's not the WHOLE finale! :p

Wish it was.

6. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I liked it from day one.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    True, forgot about the lack of the Emperor's Theme. And where the heck did that Force Theme make it into the finale? That's not there..

8. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    The two pieces that stuck out to me was Across the Stars and the ending Imperiel Theme. Other than that, I wasn't very much impressed by this Episode's soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, I still like it. This one, in my opinion, just didn't stand out as much as the others.

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    At first I thought it was the "least best" of the 5 scores. Which means it was still great, just not as good as the other 4.

But now that I am used to it more, I think it is more on level with the other ones. And when I first heard the soundtrack, I hadn't seen the movie, so it was hard to put images to the music. But know that I know the movie like the back of my head, all of the music REALLY works for me when I listen to the soundtrack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.