main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What were your thoughts upon seeing Vader's face for the first time?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AnakinSucks, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSerta

DarthSerta Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Responding to Grand_Moff_Jawa

But the scar it´s not like the one we saw in ESB , and his face doesn´t seem like the one shown in RotS.IN RotS´, Anakin/Vader has hgis face completely disfigured , and inRotJ he hasn´t.

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    1. In TESB, you see the back of his head. In ROTJ, you see the front.
    2. Anakin's face was scarred, not disfigured.

It's all consistent
    /LM

3. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Me: So thats Darth Vader, not impressed.

My little brother: He's scary looking!

My big sister: What the ****? Thats the big scary guy, that chokes people without touching them! Thats a fricking rip off!

4. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I was suprised that Lucas didn't alter Anakin more in RotJ. Especially with the fact he had Hayden at the end of the movie I was surprised he didn't have an aged Hayden CG'ed onto Shaw's face.

5. ottoman_the_wise

ottoman_the_wise Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2005
    When I saw his face,I thought Darth Vader is cyborg like General Grevious,however,after the ROTJ I realized he is more human then machine.

6. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I thought he was white than white [face_laugh]

Good Stuff

7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I agree as he is only in his mid 40s. Although I guess being dismembered, burned to a crisp and living in darkness for 25 years then being zapped by lightning will do that to you.

8. DanaSolo

DanaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    WLDB LOL burnt to a crisp :), it would do that to you.

I was only about 6 so to me thats just the way he was, maybe thats why I cant really accept Hayden as Anakin. I really think hes so horrible.

9. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I love that scene, he looks so warm, and fatherlike. Im glad he was like that instead of some monster. It brings a tear to my eye whenever I see that scene. With that said, I dont really remember what I thought the first time I saw him. I was preety young.

10. CDR_Praji

CDR_Praji Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    I'm sure the unmasked Vader under the Dark Side was pretty fearsome to look at.

But...when Anakin returned to the light, I'm sure a lot of the ugliness disappears.

Yellow-Eyed crispy critter and all. With a Billy Idol snarl...

11. droidsfan4life

droidsfan4life Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2004
    When I first saw Darth Vader's face, I did not know what he was going to look like. I thought he'd be handsome like Luke, but I was wrong.

12. arielthalandra

arielthalandra Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    I was anticipating seeing the face of Vader, and I assumed that he would be really, really scary and gross and horrifying, like Freddy or worse. Eyeballs hanging half out, burned off lips, snaggle teeth, etc. But, since I was always such a Vader groupie part of me hoped he'd be a good-looking guy with no hair and a few scars. What I saw was sort of a combination, but the way they did it was a lot like the wizard of Oz and it seemed kind of cliche. Still, I have learned to live with it - much as I have learned to live with ewoks, Jar-jar, bad dialogue and mundanes who try and talk SW with me only to go on and on about how much TPM sucks, how much the prequels suck, and how ROTJ was the best out of the whole thing. Like they're some kind of authority or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.