main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Will be the Rating?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 28, 2013.

?

Your Guess

1. PG

61 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. PG-13

127 vote(s)
    67.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I've said it before, but the main reason star wars has been PG is that they have little to no blood, little to no swearing, little to no drug and alchohol use, and no sexual content (leia in a bikini would be the closest thing probably).

The main (and possibly) only reason ROTS got PG-13 was because of Anakin being burned alive right in front of your eyes, up close and personal, but several long seconds.

Can a movie ASK to be rated worse than it really is? Because that's the biggest reason I could see it be PG-13 right now. If it actually warrants it, then it's possible this movie is deviating from the normal star wars formula for better or worse.

Ryan Hunt and Luukeskywalker like this.
  2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    It says "Not Rated" on my AMC ticket for 12/20, but woohoo! Go PG-13!

B99 likes this.
  3. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015
    After seeing the trailer, there's just no way TFA could be PG. It's just too dark.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, I thought the same thing!

5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    ROTS was not rated PG-13 because it was a dark movie in general. It got that rating because of the specific graphic nature of a scene in which Anakin was burned alive right on screen and they showed every bit of it.

TFA will not get a more mature rating simply because the villain is sinister in nature.

If Han's death scene is visually intense, then perhaps that could do it. But if he gets stabbed by a lightsaber in a similar way that Qui-Gon was, then I don't see how that would be graphic enough to push it over the edge.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I was definitely hoping for a PG rating as I have a five year old daughter that is very excited to see the movie.

Six years ago, I probably would have been hoping for pg-13. As a parent, I was hoping for something closer to TPM in terms of graphic violence, etc. We haven't let her see AOTC or ROTS yet and it sounds like this one will be joining them. It isn't really unexpected, but I'm personally a little disappointed.

7. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was 5 or 6. Face melting and everything. I was fine.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

my kind of scum likes this.
  8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Hopefully, not the angsty ones.

9. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    So, just to add another post speaking truth...

This is not confirmation about any movie ratings. TFA has not been rated yet. Movie theatres will find out what a movie is rated at the same time as the rest of us. This is just a theatre that is speculating or making the safe bet. Nothing has been confirmed.

10. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    ROTS says hi. Haha just kidding. But Marvel is PG-13 and they attract a lot of teens and kids.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think that was a guess on the part of the theaters. They know it's not going to be anything higher than PG-13, so it was the safe bet. No one is going to be upset they bought tickets to a lower rated movie, but they might if the rating goes up.

The trailer still says "This Film Is Not Yet Rated"
    But I do still think it will be PG-13

12. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
  13. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    JJ revealed last night in New Jersey that the final mix is finished and the film is totally completed. Anyone think we will be getting the rating before thanksgiving?

14. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Look what I found. http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/breaking-force-awakens-confirmed-to.html

I'm pretty sure it'll have a PG-13 rating.

15. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    thats interesting but all the commercials keep saying "this film is not yet rated". the film wasnt even complete when tickets went on sale.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    They'll be still discussing how long you linger on that severed arm to get a PG-13 and no higher.

Of course there'll be a severed limb.

17. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Rated R for sand

18. HGST

HGST Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm taking my 7 year old daughter (who is tremendously excited) no matter what the rating ends up being.

19. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    How is this actually a question? Almost every live-action action flick gets PG-13 these days. The OT would probably get PG-13. I personally think it's gotten ridiculous. The Avengers is basically a live-action cartoon, and it's pg-13. Most literal cartoons get PG now, when in my opinion they should be G, and Gs are rare. But then, I grew up with PG films being Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gremlins, Beetlejuice, Jaws, and the OT. Tomorrowland is about as extreme as PG gets these days. Ratings are so puzzling to me now. A PG-13 film could be either totally appropriate or totally not appropriate to take your kid to see. Best bet, if you are a parent who is concerned, see it by yourself first, then decide whether or not to take your child. Because you can bet TFA will be PG-13.

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Darth Calvin likes this.
  21. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    12A I hope

22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    PG-13. Finn's "Hell no" is the current reason why.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm hoping for a hard-R. Star Wars isn't for kids.

24. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    The movie is now 100% finished. How long before we know its rating?

25. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    The ratings board (CARA) releases ratings weekly. They just dropped the batch for 11/24 a few hours ago and TFA was not in it, so my guess would be next week (12/1) or the following (12/8). Pretty much the only two slots left before the premier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.