main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will be the tone of Indiana Jones 4?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by rpeugh, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    When they made TTOD Lucas/Spielberg wanted to explore the genre a little and make the tone of the movie darker than ROTLA. When they made TLC, they went a different direction and made that movie ligher/more humorous than ROTLA. Both of these moves were risky, but I think they both worked out (personally, I think all three films were good). What do you think the tone of IJ4 will be like? I think it will be medium like ROTLA. ROTLA seems to be the most popular one, and I think it would be the best way to end the IJ franchise.

2. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Let's take a look at the themes of the past Indy movies:

Raiders - Action
    Temple of Doom - Horror
    Crusade - Comedy

Perhaps Indy IV could have more Drama or Romance.

3. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    It'll be sorta romance, but more of family, when Henry Jones, Sr., and Henry Jones, Jr., meet Henry Jones III, love child of Indy and Kate Capshaw character. Indy comes back to USA and looks for her. She's living in a rural area in Montana with "Monty", now age 18, who is asking pointed questions now about his father before leaving for college. Monty is not nicknamed for being a child of Montana, but after his pet python, Montana. :D :D :D Kate's character is one of a bewildered single mom raising an adventurous hunky male teenager who inherited his love of antiquities and adventure from his dad. :) :) :)

like my script treatment???

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    You may be on to something there.

;)

5. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    it can't come soon enough

6. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    story plot will be of grampa, dad, and son, 3 generations of Henry Jones, on an adventure to track down something, from a thought from their buddy, the curator.

Now, they've found the Ark of the Covenant, the magic stones in India, the holy grail and the last knight of the round table.

They've had bugs, snakes, rats. hmmmmmm.

Well, they could be searching for the dinosauers in the glaciers (ice age), or Atlantis in the ocean, or Shangri-La, in Hunza, who are guarding some antiquity, maybe like the entrance to the Garden of Eden where we see the River of Life, Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil with the serpent "stuck" in it, and the Tree of Life, and "Adam and Eve". From this side we see the bridge that crosses the River of Life to the entrance of the garden...........

like my storyline???

7. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Interesting, Keo. I dont know if I go for Indy having a son...the family is extended enough as is.

I think they should just concentrate on Indy rather than bringing in peripheral character that will just take the focus away from him.

8. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    George has a stronger current towards family in his latest movies.

However;

I doubt Connery will be in the next one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford playing the equalivant to Henry to his future offspring.

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Sean Connery has said he would luv to do Indy 4, but he hasn't been asked yet. I would luv to see Henry Jones, Sr, teaching his grandson all the stuff he never had time to teach his own son, Indy. :D

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Well, they could be searching for the dinosauers in the glaciers (ice age),

An interesting idea, but a physical impossiblity for all intents and purposes.

11. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
  12. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    How about putting this here?

13. Super_Nation_Jock

Super_Nation_Jock Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2002

Not to be pessimistic but one thing is FOR CERTAIN about Indy IV's future.

When just a few basic details of the basic story leak out, they will be torn apart by internet know-it-alls who have never made a film in their life who will decide it won't work and that they won't like it.

Wanna bet? :)

14. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    LINK removed. did I miss something? anything interesting?

yup, any leaks will be wrung out, as in our SA. :D :D :D

15. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    i dont think Indy would name his son Henry, he hates that name

16. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Indy wasn't around; he was busy wandering around the world hunting down antiquities. "Kate" named her son after his dad and granddad; sorta like salt in the wound. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.