main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What will become of this forum the day after TFA?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Sequel Trilogy, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Darth Sequel Trilogy

Darth Sequel Trilogy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 13, 2015
    Once TFA comes out, the SW Saga will be 1-9 whether fans like it or not. Some still may see the story 4-6, or 1-6, but that will be someone's own canon.

What will become of the Saga Forum because all discussion here should now include TFA and speculation of Episode of 8 & 9 after December 18th.

Just wondering.....

dennabfokcos and thejeditraitor like this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't imagine too much will change really. And, 'like it or not' a company doesn't dictate consumption, sir. :p

3. Darth Sequel Trilogy

Jul 13, 2015
    I don't understand because you could have conversations concerning 1-6 ignoring TFA, while others can have conversations talking about 1-7.

Shouldn't the Saga Forum atleast be clear what the Saga is?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    It will still be the Star Wars Saga. Right?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I think this would be easier if Disney came out and said exactly what their plans are for the saga films. We know they're doing a sequel trilogy, but what then? Is that the end? Is there a sequel-sequel trilogy? Should we think of Star Wars as having two separate but connected sagas, one from George and another from Disney? Or is it all one big mass of "Star Wars"... who knows, at this point. It's really easy to talk about the saga as a whole when you have a finished, six-piece work of art that you've been watching for years, but it's a lot harder when you find out your saga might be only two-thirds (or less) finished. In six years the saga may mean something very different to us than it does today.

6. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I sense there will be a grave disturbance in TheForce.Net. As if a million user voices cried out in terror...and then were suddenly silenced.

7. Darth Sequel Trilogy

Jul 13, 2015
    But you are not allowed to talk about 4-6 in this Forum even though some would say its their Saga. You have to go to the CT forum for that, and that even has a thread for OOT fans.

My point is if someone makes a thread talking about the Saga here in the 1-6 context, can someone who sees it as 1-9 with a different context still post, do they have to make a separate thread?

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The answer has something to do with one hand clapping and trees falling unheard in forests. Seriously though, I'd say that this forum will likely remain in tact, but cover 1-7 rather than 1-6. PT, CT and ST will likely have their own forums.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I'm leaving this thread alone for the moment, though I probably would agree with Yak Face, personally.

thejeditraitor and MOC Yak Face like this.
  10. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Directly answering the question in the title: the forums will probably be inaccessible most of the time due to heavy traffic.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    It'll be an interesting new era for sure, but I don't think much will change. We're already using TFA for some discussions. See the thread "Visual Links" for example

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why not create a new prefix? If someone wants to make a thread concerning just I-VI, just let people choose that prefix. I mean, the Saga sub-forum already has four of them available, no harm creating another for I-VI discussions.

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I could see that being temporary, at best, until 2019 when the whole ST is released

14. dennabfokcos

dennabfokcos Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2015
    Even more fractions in the fan base

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And why should everyone agree on only one way to experience the Saga?
    Everyone complaining about other people liking or not liking things they don't will be even more annoying after TFA but to me it speaks of the greatness and vastness of SW. There is something for everyone to enjoy. If it is different from mine so be it.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    ^ So that. Well said, FS. The griping is needless and pretty doubtlessly will increase but it won't change the fact difference in taste/perception is beautiful and worthwhile when one doesn't become petty.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fans of all of the different characters, aliens, planets, ships, tech, military groups, political groups, actors, etc are all okay but different groups on the movies aren't? Okay then. Talking about others. Not you CA.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I completely understand, FS. I find it amazing how liking or disliking certain things is not only 'cool' but 'expected' by some quarters. That may be, doesn't mean I'll conform though.

19. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to what you want to focus on. I mean for example take the Godfather films. I love the first one. (OT) The second one was pretty good, though I had some issues with it. (PT) and the third one I throw up my hands and ignore it. (ST.....potentially)

I'd rather all films be as good as the first,but you can only really hope for something that won't fall completely on it's face.

20. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Episodes 7, 8 and 9 will still be part of the Star Wars Saga as a whole in which all movies can be discussed.

Is there already a separate thread for the Sequel Trilogy films, starting with discussions for "The Force Awakens"?

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Pretty much. Though I'm not a manager, I can speculate. I imagine that up until the DVD/Blu-Ray release, this forum here will be spoiler free. Or at least one thread that is spoiler heavy and one that isn't. After the DVD/Blu-Ray release, then spoilers will be allowed openly and some of the ST threads will be pushed over to here. Mainly the ones talking about the film itself and not the ones that tie into information coming out with VIII and IX.

For those who weren't here back in the day, the spoilers forums for TPM and the non spoiler forum changed around the time AOTC began filming. So that there was a thread for TPM, AOTC spoilers, AOTC non spoilers, ROTS spoilers and ROTS non spoilers. The merging to PT only started well after ROTS had come and gone.

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What will you call the movies that come after the Sequel Trilogy?
    The SST? Second Sequel Trilogy?

23. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Correction: this forum IS NOT spoiler-free, even now. Spoilers should be clearly marked/hidden, but we can't guarantee that people won't post them.

One reason I'm leaving this thread alone for now is to see how people talk, what they might *want* this forum to be. I have my own ideas, but I'm curious...

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

In other words, an internet crash :p

JediMasterSven likes this.
  25. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Pretty much, yeah.