What will happen to the Fanmovies/Works?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DM99, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    I have a serious question.

Lucas allowed fanproductions and the use of Star Wars brand /characters for it, if it was non profit work.

But how does Disney handle this?

If i can not do my own Stuff as a Star Wars Fan like drawings, Fanfics or low budget movies, than all this Franchise getting extremely boring, extremely fast for me...
    Last edited by DM99, Nov 1, 2012
  2. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    What will happen with all of the Fanwork? Star Wars has more fanwork than all other pop culture franchises combined. What will happen now? Are they illegal now, with all that new harsh Internet rules?

Lucas and Disney must answer this!
  3. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I know that Disney fanfic is present on the internet, my former flatmate was writing and posting around. Not sure about films...
  4. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    i hope they will also allow the fans to make some low budget movies and using Star Wars brand and characters. Lucas did allow it because his roots was independent film and he wanted to help young artists. I am also wondering what will happen to Lucas made SW FanFilm contests. I think disney will cut them?
  5. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    It's only speculation at this point.
  6. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I tell you what will happen. I have forseen it in my water colour paintings ages ago...

[IMG]
  7. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I worried about this also, i hate to put up a video of my son with a lightsaber and its taken down. I think, or I hope, Disney can see that the fanmovies keeps Star Wars alive. They should embrace it.