main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will happen to the Post-Legacy Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Reminds me of the Night Watch/Day Watch novels.

2. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Man, way to remind me how vastly, complex and amazing this era managed to be in fifty issues and a mini.

I suppose if there was one thing I'd want to see resolved, it's Cade and Gunner meeting and knowing who they are to each other. But Hogrum Chalk... Dude what was up with that guy? We need a mini series all about what was going on with him and Hapes and whether they're still Jacen's descendants on the throne.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I want to see the ultimate redemption of the Vong. That was a recurring theme early in the series, but it was ultimately lost. How awesome would it be if a "Ossus Project, Mk. II" was started and actually worked? The Vong could aid in restoring Dac's ecosystem, repari Da Soocha, and help heal countless other worlds across the galaxy still recovering nearly a century later.

It would be an awesome way to bring the Vong full circle and intergrate them into the greater galaxy.

--Adm. Nick

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'd love to see that. Perhaps Cade could using his healing skills to affect the ecosystems too.

But I don't think anything like that should be attempted until they capture Maladi. That's the biggest loose thread, in my opinion.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Ehh...to me, that feels like pushing it a little too far. I love how powerful Cade is and still has the potential to become, but having him able to affect ecosystems just seems like it would be going a step over the line.

Now this would be perfect. With the Jedi taking back their place in the galaxy, and the truth of the Sith sabotage exposed, I agree that it would be a good time to allow the Vong to step back in and use their technology to restore Dac and Da Soocha. It would allow us to get Mon Calamari back, a world that's always been a fan favorite and with quite some importance in-universe, but in a way that doesn't feel like a reset button and actually contributes to the story.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN and Zeta1127 like this.
  6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Exactly! Instead of just pulling a reset like Del Rey did with Coruscant, this would be a way of bringing back Mon Calamari AND rehabilitating the Vong, which would serve multiple purposes. I also love the symbolism that the Vong, who were close to conquering Dac before Zonoma Sekot reappeared, end up a key part in brining back to life.

--Adm. Nick

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    bah, scarheads. I'll never forgive them (or that snake Fey'lya) for what they did to the Imperial Palace.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'd love a purely Hondo Karr arc. And yeah, Hapes and the hope of finding a monarchy containing the name, Solo.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Given how Del Rey works, I am sure that the Imperial Palace will be fully rebuilt to the exact specs of the old Palace. Hell, they did it with Monument Plaza and the Galactic Senate, so I am sure the Palace isn't that far off either.

--Adm. Nick

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah but then I'd have to read post-NJO Del Rey. Not sure if that's worth it :p

WIERD_GREEN_MAN, Zeta1127 and RC-1991 like this.
  11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I suspect that a lot of the suggestions in this thread might have been incorporated into Legacy had it not been axed in its prime. Legacy #41 in particular sounded like it was setting up its own arc, with Hondo hunting down Mandalore. And I suspect that Hogrum Chalk's motivations would have been revealed as well.

12. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    A 2nd Great Hunt to eliminate the Dark Side in the galaxy. That's the first thing that comes to mind for me, since its not like the everyone thinks the Sith are dead. The reorganization of the Jedi. They've gone through two wars, decades of decline, and they're still not united. Cade stepping up. I think that something or event will force him to come back to the center stage and involve himself in galactic events. Mandalorians. This is a plot point I feel was left wide open to be used again. It was said someone wanted them to remain out of the war, but I don't think we ever actually learned who. Vong redemption. What happened at Ossus was in fact not their fault, so they could be given a second chance to get it right, and thereby gain a wider acceptance in the galaxy as a whole.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

14. chaos9001

chaos9001 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    she will change her name to Morrigan Chord

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i don't think there will be a post legacy galaxy

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh there is, it's quite intact despite the depredations of Krayt and Wyrrlokk. Legacy really needs a sequel to show what happened afterwards, it'd be nice to actually see a galactic recovery for once!

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    So say we all!

--Adm. Nick

Ghost, A Tool, Zeta1127 and 1 other person like this.
  18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    From what i heard is that there is only going to be fillins from now on, and ithink this is for the best. Let's tell the stories of Ben, and Kol, before we go into the future.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why choose? Why not have both? If anything both is needed - we need to see the galaxy recover from the One Sith's onslaught in order to give those earlier stories greater meaning.

20. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben
    In my opinion, it's too bad we had to have the One Sith AND the Lost Sith at all. I think it's very disappointing that the galaxy of the future is far worse than the galaxy was when we first met Luke, Leia, and Han in ANH. I don't think that should ever have been allowed to happen. :(

21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    If anything both is needed - we need to see the galaxy recover from the One Sith's onslaught in order to give those earlier stories greater meaning.

that would be fine, IF i had any faith for them to succeed in this endeaver.

22. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    It's been bad before Luke and it will be bad again. Such is the nature of societies everywhere throughout time. And so long as there are Jedi, there will eventually be Sith. It's inevitable. Circumstances that birth superheroes will always spawn supervillains.

Star Wars can't be afraid to stretch beyond the movies or all that will invite is stagnation. We can't overturn new ideas just because they're different and stray outside the false boundaries you think the movies established.

Well that all depends. Will it be handled by Dark Horse? Or Del Rey?

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, there's a question for the ages!

24. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Mia Mesharad:

As one who loves stories with a happy ending though, I find it very disappointing that Luke, Leia, and Han never get one, and that they don't get to have lasting legacies.

The problem is though, we aren't getting "different" ideas. We're getting stale, recycled ones with Sith, Sith, and more Sith. How many groups of thousands of Sith do we need? In the first place, I find these huge groups unbelievable and boring. Sometimes, less is more. Look at how much more interesting and dangerous two Sith: Vader and Palpatine seemed. When they start coming in groups of thousands, it's hard to even take them seriously. But certainly going from two Sith to thousands of Sith means that things have gotten much, much worse in the galaxy. How can the heroes even realistically deal with so many villains? This makes the SW universe depressing and unsatisfying, in my opinion.

25. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    There's still time enough for them to have happy endings. Legacy doesn't pick up until c.130 ABY, and the latest novel stories are only in the 40s ABY. That's so much time!

And Luke has a hell of a legacy in the form of Cade Skywalker. Under the spiritual tutelage of Luke, Cade's undergone a tremendous amount of character growth already, and seems poised to become the most powerful Jedi, not just of his era, but of any era. He's shown such a wealth of raw power and potential, all he needs is the continued guidance of Luke and his father, Kol.

When it comes to Star Wars, the emergence of the Sith is not so much stale as it is cyclical. The Sith will always return, in one form or another. It takes only a single Jedi to fall, a single curious Force-sensitive to stumble onto a lost holocron or relicas long as there is the Force, there will be Sith. The name alone with last forever, whether the teachings continue or are lost.

And when they were first conceived, the One Sith were quite revolutionary. An order of Sith that represented a dark reflection of the Jedi Order, whose members were truly loyal and didn't seek to backstab everyone around them, who understood that cooperation would allow them to achieve so much more. Their assault on the Ossus temple was genuinely terrifying. And yet, in the way heroes always do, Kol Skywalker rose to the occasion. He single-handedly made a stand that would make Gandalf proud, and brought Sith and stormtroopers down by the dozen until he was finally standing on a mountain of bodies, daring them to try to get passed him and get his students. When the villains are great, it means the heroes are greater, because while the fight might be harder, they will succeed and it will be all the more satisfying for it.

MasterPrince713, RC-1991 and Havac like this.