main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will happen to the Vong?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SuperVader, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    The majority of the Vong are know on Zonoma Sekot and they are trying to become part of the force again but what will there society become? Will they be allowed to expand or even intergrate into the GFFA. Will the become a military power again?

Thoughts... opinions

I personally think that they will eventually expand and be intergrated into the GFFA but that would be difficult and take many years until they are fully excepted.

2. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Strangely, I view them as a representation of the WWII japanese. They will probably be governed slightly from the outside by the GFFA, and allowed to have a "national Guard", but other than that, they ill live by themselves, in peace and in harmony with the rest of the galaxy......and maybe eventually become the technological leaders in the galaxy, BioTech anyone?

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    That's probably a very good analogy, although I imagine that they'll be isolated for a long time, for their protection mainly. There are probably a lot of people trying to get in there and kill as many Vong as they can, even though the war is over.

4. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    They'll be isolated because Zenoma Sekot went back to the Uunknown Regions.

5. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    They'll be isolated on ZS for awhile. In that time, they'll see what Harrar came to realize and loss the "you are infidels I will kill you" approach. They may never fully like technology, but they'll be more accepting and probably be intregrated into the GFFA in the future.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The only problem that I can see with the Japanese analogy is that the Japanese economy for export was built off of things that are unnecessary but convenient. The YV just can't think that way, yet. And in terms of war machines, for every advantadge a living ship has, it has a disavantage just as bad.

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Well since all their weapons just flew/slithered off into Zonoma Sekot I'd say the Vong would have a lot of trouble becoming a military power again.

8. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    The Vong are out of the picture for quite a while until they are re-introduced to the Force and with acceptable modes of behavior. We're not likely to hear from them again for a while. :p
    But I think that since there were Jedi that went with ZS, once this does happen they will contact the GFFA and proceed from there.

That was one of the things that really disappointed me with the conclusion of the NJO. The Vong come and screw up the galaxy. But in the end they are all packaged back up onto ZS. I was expecting them to be integrated into the GFFA. Instead, the GFFA is devoid of them almost as if their invasion never happened. Only it did. In their wake lie great gaping voids--lost great heros like Anakin Solo and Chewie.

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, and 365 trillion less normal people...

10. Colt 45

Colt 45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2000
    I think the Vong are going to get pretty comfortable with technology over the next few years, assuming they accept ZS. After all, it has a big hyperdrive sticking out if it's booty.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Many Vong('specially those born on ZS) may decide to leave ZS to go to the Galactic Alliance or Imperial Remnant, maybe even the Chiss.

12. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    blasphemous infidels! you'll hear from the YUUZHAN Vong once again!

Do-ro'ik vong pratte!!!

13. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I bet someone out there is going to look for a superweapon to deal with ZS and the YV, and that could be a subplot of the Denning books.

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I hope Nas Choka and Harrar have roles in Denning's trilogy.

15. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Many Yuuzhan Vong already aren't on Zonama Sekot... Some decided to fight to the end on distant planets. Some of these individuals might decide to break away and disappear into the far reaches of the galaxy... Some might even form small, secret colonies...Who knows?

I say, by the time of Denning's new trilogy, there will be quite a few rogue Yuuzhan Vong scattered all over the galaxy(including a certain ex-executor ;) )

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I dunno; the GA was going to hunt down any rogue Vong factions after TUF; I doubt there will be many left by Denning's trilogy(set five years after TUF, iirc).

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    :_| No! No more superweapons! :_|

18. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I hope Nas Choka and Harrar have roles in Denning's trilogy.

And Nom Anor [face_devil]

And no, I don't belive he's dead.

19. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    NNooo... please... let Nom Anor die in peace...
    Lol..

20. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I can't see Nom Anor being dead...
    He is just too tempting a character....

As for the rest of the Vong,
    some how, some way they will
    find a way to get along with
    the rest of the known universe.....

21. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Nom Anor is just waiting for the right moment to try to seize control of the galaxy. You just wait and see.

22. Jedi_Rhysode

Jedi_Rhysode Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2004
    personally, i hope denning's trilogy doesn't have any vong in it at ALL (except tahiri, i guess. but that doesn't even count. she only thinks she's part vong). Not that I totally hate them, but I seriously need a break from all that bio tech and forcelessness nonsense.

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    No kidding [face_plain]

I was disappointed that they exiled Tahiri out to the Unknown Regions in TUF. She is an interesting, complex character, although I like her best with Anakin. :( (No, that doesn't mean I want her dead :p)

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Not that I totally hate them, but I seriously need a break from all that bio tech and forcelessness nonsense.

One: the Vong gave-up all (or most) of their biotech.

Two: the Vong ain't "forceless" anymore.

25. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    They'll hopefully be integrated into the GFFA. There's a reason why the government's called the Galactic Alliance: it unites the entire galaxy. And now the Yuuzhan Vong are part of the galaxy...

Of course, that's only if Denning doesn't decide to ruin the whole thing by having a Vong Remnant or something...[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.