main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will Indy 4 be about?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Coolguy4522, Feb 18, 2002.

?

What will Indy 4 be about?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Lost City of Atlantis

31.9%
  2. Monkeys

5.8%
  3. Skeletons

4.3%
  4. Snakes

2.9%
  5. Rats

1.4%
  6. Cockroaches and other assorted bugs

2.9%
  7. Ancient junk that nobody cares about

5.8%
  8. A Infernal Machine

2.9%
  9. Old guy in bed

2.9%
  10. All of the above

39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Uh, change that "circa-1060" to "circa-1960."

Thanks.

2. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Up, up and away!

3. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    My vote also goes to FATE OF ATLANTIS. If the computer game plot is like the plot in the movie, then the plot in the movie would be great.

It has everything u need in an indy adventure! I

As a kid I always imagined what the movie to FATE OF ATLANTIS would be like. Ever since about 1993 I heard the rumour that there would be a movie of it. Seeing the movie for real would fulfill a childhood wish!

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well it was more the other way, Fate of Atlantis was a concept for a script that couldn't get made so they turned it into a game.

If I had top bet anything I would say Atlantis would not be the plot of Indy 4. I would think it will be something not mentioned before.

5. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Sort of like THE DIG

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've been following Indy IV since about 1993, yes, I was about 6. I'm a total indy freak (see name), and I'm a girl, which makes me kind of unique :p

I am not sure what Indy IV is going to be about. Infernal Machine was a good game, and it would make a good movie, but then too many people would know about it. I just sincerely hope they really get this movie made.

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Unique!!! I don't think so. Do you realize all the women Indy freaks whenthe movies were originally released, before you were born? And what's the deal with the Kevin spacey thing. You are just a young whipper snapper that it's an Indy freak ;-).

Kidding aside, yep I think it's for sure this time. They already have a tentative date in 2005. Also finally they have a screenwriter in Frank Darabont (M. Night Shaymalan passed on the job) who is a great screenwriter and also directed Shawsank Redemption, Green Mile and The Majestic. At least now we have more firm commitments than just talks as was the case before.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    malducin yeah Frank is a good screenwriter, I was glad when they announced he is writting Indy IV.

As for my manual sig.... pretty self explanatory. I love Kevin Spacey :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm undecided on this issue: would it be overboard for Indy to find out he has a son or daughter from Marion? Is having Indy's son/daughter, dad, and Marion all in one movie a bad idea? I would like it if it was done right.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If Indy IV is about Atlantis, how would it end? Indy would just HAVE to find the ledgendary lost city, but a city of any size would be a tad bit harder to hide then an arc, so if Indy did find the City it would have to be destroyed, which I doubt Lucas would do. Sooo, my conclusion is that Atlantis would be too complacated to do. My guess is some made up mumbo jumbo.

11. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well ast one point in an interview (I'm thniking Starlog but could have been somewhere else) with Lucas he said that he was researching what other legendary artifacts around the world could be used in a new film. Apparently there werern't many but at least he has a choice. I too find the ideas of Atlantis too much to be in Indy 4.

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    In two out of 3 movies Indy was trying to beat the Nazis to the artifacts they were looking for.

If this movie involves the Soviets as the bad guys, then the real question is what artifacts would the Soviets be looking for?

It will probably be something not as well known to the general movie viewing audience, like the stones in Temple of Doom. My guess would make it something found in the Middle East or eastern Europe.

It being the 1950s, it might also be related to the East related to Korea or Japan.

13. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Atlantis has already been done before.

Atlantis The Lost Empire was a great film.

So how about Indiana Jones and The Lost Star Wars Scripts. :)

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    More on the Spear Of Destiny:

http://ourworld.cs.com/argentprime/spear.htm

The Spear of Destiny, also known as the Spear of Longinus and the Heilige Lance ? Holy Lance ? is one of the most important Christian relics of the Passion of Jesus Christ. As first described in John 19:31-37, the Spear was used by a Roman soldier (Gaius Cassius, later called Longinus) to pierce the side of Christ as he hung on the cross. The Spear, bathed in the blood of the Lamb and playing a significant role in the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, is believed to have acquired tremendous mystical power. The first sign of that power was the purported healing of Gaius Cassius?s failing eyesight by blood from the wound. The centurion later become an early convert to Christianity.

The Spear subsequently passed through a multitude of hands, coming into the possession of many of Europe?s most important political and military leaders, including Constantine I, Alaric (the Visigoth king who sacked Rome in the year 410), Frankish general Charles Martel, Charlemagne, Frederick of Barbarossa, and Frederick II. A leader who possessed the Spear was said to be invincible; Charlemagne and Frederick of Barbarossa were undefeated in battle until they let the Spear fall from their hands. A legend arose that whoever claimed the Spear ?holds the destiny of the world in his hands for good or evil.?

As a young man Adolf Hitler was fascinated by the Spear of Destiny, which he first saw displayed in the Hofsburg museum in Vienna, Austria in 1909. Hitler was familiar with the legend of the Holy Lance. His interest in the relic was further amplified by its role in the 1882 opera Parsifal ? by Hitler?s favorite composer, Richard Wagner ? which concerned a group of ninth-century knights and their quest for the Holy Grail. Hitler?s fascination with the Spear was pivotal in sparking his interest in the occult, which gave birth to his ideas on the origins and purpose of the Germanic race and contributed to his belief in his own destiny as a world conqueror.

On October 12, 1938, not long after the German annexation of Austria, Hitler ordered the S.S. to seize the Spear and other artifacts from Vienna. They were taken by train to Nuremberg, where they were stored in St. Katherine?s Church. The Spear remained in St. Katherine?s until 1944, when it was moved to a specially constructed vault beneath the church, built in secret and at great expense, intended to protect it and the other stolen relics from Allied bombs. Nuremberg was captured by Allied troops in April of the following year. The vault was subsequently discovered by American Army officers. The Spear was confiscated by American forces on the afternoon of April 30, 1945, less than two hours before Hitler?s suicide in his underground bunker in Berlin. Like the Spear?s previous owners, Hitler perished after the relic was taken from him.

Was It Real?

Like most holy relics, the history of the Spear of Destiny is complex and difficult to authenticate. The earliest reports of the Spear were circa 570 A.D., when it was said to have been on display in the basilica of Mount Sion in Jerusalem alongside the Crown of Thorns. The point of the spear?s blade was apparently broken off following the Persian conquest of Jerusalem in 615 A.D. The point, set into an icon, found its way to the church of Saint Sophia in Constantinople and later to France, where it remained in the Sainte Chapelle until the 18th century. It was briefly moved to the Bibliotheque Nationale in Paris during the French Revolution, but it subsequently disappeared. Meanwhile, the rest of the spearhead was transferred from Jerusalem to Constantinople sometime in the eighth century. It was taken by the Turks in the 14th century and sent by Sultan Bajazet as a gift to Pope Innocent VIII in 1492. Innocent ordered the relic placed in Saint Peter?s in Rome, where it remains today, although the Catholic Church makes no great claim as to its authenticity.

There are several other competing relics in different locations. One such ?Holy Lance? wa

15. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Great read.Good stuff.Do you know of any other religious artifacts and the history about them, that could possible be use in Indy 4?

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I just found that on the Internet-I'm religious, but religious artifacts aren't something I know much about.

I would like to see the Ark get stolen and have Indy go after it...although that'd never happen. :(

17. Darklord9

Darklord9 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey, U all. I agree with most of you, they should do the story on Atlantis, it would only make scense if they did. Also who the heck, has the right to call somebody old. Ford is still looking good and besides we all are going to get there aswell.

18. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I want them to do the Fate Of Atlantis, I loved the computer game they did about it several years ago. Solving the Moonstone puzzles were rewarding in the end. Especially squashing that singing person with the large boulder in Crete. 8-}

19. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    I have a hunch that the film will have someone playing Indiana Jones's son. This goes back to what George Lucas and Spielberg originally intended back in 1989 after the release of Last Crusade. They envisioned River Phoenix in the role, as they felt he was the ONLY choice. Of course Phoenix tragically died. However, I do not believe the idea of 3 generations of Jones's on screen will be shelved. As we know, Ford will be in his 60's when shooting begins. Although he is fit, it does not make sense that a man of his age would run around on adventures, being shot and wounded, dragged along the floor by trucks etc (regardless of wether a stuntman is used). I think the plan they have is to have a young actor, playing Indiana Jones's son doing the dogs work (running, retreiving artifacts etc), whilst Ford teaches him like a mentor, in a similar role to that of Connery to Indiana in the third film. It makes logical sense. Of course with no Phoenix, I started to make a mental list in my mind of all the different actors who could play the son and came up with Colin Farrell, Owen Wilson, Jude Law and Christian Bale. I'd actually go with Jude Law 1st and Christian Bale 2nd. However, an unknown actor is not out of the question. I also think the film will centre more on the relationships between the 3 generations of Jones's. Think how one generation learns from the previous ones mistakes. In Last Crusade, we see how Senior made mistakes with Junior as a child. Does Junior make the same mistakes with HIS son as did his father with him? It opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. This is the sort of thing I am expecting from INDY IV. I may turn out to be wrong, I feel I am definately right, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

20. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    I like the idea for Spear of Destiny. That way he's chasing another important relic, and some ex-Nazis can go after it as well. That way Nazis can be brought back, in addition to the Soviets. This also brings to mind the Return to Castle Wolfenstein game...

I didn't play that many Indiana Jones games so I'm not too big on ideas...

21. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'm saying this again, NO SON, only daughter! IF there was an offspring, it should be a daughter.

22. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    the movies about nazies and a captured ufo in the 40s. thats what i heard from some guy on some entertainment show today.

23. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    There'll be CGI walking Skeletons, I know it!

24. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I would ike to see either the City of Atlantis(Scuba Indy) or the Garden of Eden.

25. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I like DarthBoba's idea about the "Spear of Destiny" but when Indy finds it wouldn't he die like Hitler and all the other owners? ?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.