main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will start the duel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by jabba_the_nut, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Very well said, RebelScum77!!

I kind of have the feeling that losing to a Jedi (Obi-Wan), being proved that he is not the most powerful Jedi, will be what pushes Anakin over the edge to become a Sith. If he can't be the most powerful Jedi, he will become something else, even more powerful. That's why I think that at this point, Anakin will still have a blue saber. He will certainly be well on his way down the dark path, and Obi-Wan will be trying to bring him back, but he won't be Sith yet. And really, I don't see any reason to build a new lightsaber when you already have one, regardless of color. It takes time and resources, and I don't think Jedi or Sith are that wasteful.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Logic... my friends... logic. There is precious little of it to be found sometimes. ;)

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Good points both of you.

Anakin thinks very highly of his own skill - after all, he IS the Chosen One. Of course, that also means he shouldn't have to work at anything to develop his talent.

Or so Palpatine would have him believe: "once you learn to trust your feelings you will be invincible".

Hey, I just realized: Vader trusts his feelings in ROTJ and Palpatine dies - and Vader becomes One with the Force, "more powerful than you can possibly imagine".

I never realized that before - maybe I'm dumb. Maybe just happy...

"He's holding me back!"

Anakin's self-esteem seems to be fragile enough already - he thinks highly of himself and then realizes he has far to go, and then needs to be buttered up.

Could a whupping at the hands of Obi-Wan push him over the edge? Would it be such a shock to his ego/self-concept that he would resort to the Dark Side?

Well, at least it could be a factor in his turn to the Dark.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    **Bumped for the sake of stirring Debate**

It has been stated on tf.n main page that the duel will be over 12 mins long, and that Ewan needed to learn over 1000 moves. So whatever the cause was it should defitenely be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.