main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will the last shot in the Skywalker Saga/Episode IX be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I want the last shot of IX to be Kylo Ren in exile on Tatooine, at the old Lars Homestead, fixing a beat-up moisture vaporator, his hair pulled back into a bun, beads of sweat rolling down his brow and the shadow of a beard cast across his face. I really like the idea of Rey sparing his life during their final duel, but telling the Resistance that she finished the job. Him living out the rest of his days in isolation and forced to live with his actions instead of easily atoning for them through sacrifice not only wraps up his arc in a way I'd feel satisfied with, but it also brings the entire story full circle back to A New Hope. It allows the final image of the movie to depict the last surviving member of the Skywalker line resigned to the life Anakin and Luke escaped from.

Revanfan1, Tho Yor, BadCane and 9 others like this.
  3. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Honestly, I love this more than him being exiled to Ahch-To. That was Luke's story. This is a character that hero-worshipped the evil aspect of his grandfather. He also has the potential for atonement and reconciliation for that second two thirds of his life. What better way to walk that journey than to understand more about Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader and live in his shoes, not as a slave but as a person with the opportunity to find peace on Tatooine.

In this case exile not just serves as banishment, but as a gift of a second chance and an opportunity to find peace. Kylo Ren can die. The galaxy will never see him again. But Ben Solo would be given the opportunity to finally live. That would be a satisfying ending for me.

(and I wouldn't mind if Rey emerges from the house or is landing a starcraft beside the residence) to show that neither of them is ever really alone any more.

Tho Yor likes this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Or it's a guy that tells the broom boy:
    "Hi, I am Plagueis, did someone ever tell you about the tragedy of Darth Sidious the Emperor?"

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    EECHUUTA, Ubraniff Zalkaz and GregMcP like this.
  5. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Rey training some Force-sensitive kids while the Force ghosts of Luke and Leia look on and smile.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Except one of her students will turn to camera with an evil grin and glowing eyes to set-up her total failure to restart the Jedi.

]-}

7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Krueger, yanote, rorow1 and 3 others like this.
  9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    This would be fantastic[face_laugh]

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
  11. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    I know this is crazy, but a 'closing crawl?' :)

KamNale likes this.
  12. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Since you’re obviously still bitter, how would you like the ending to be to “fix” what you don’t like?

IncessantRamblings and Satipo like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    But it's being written in the sands of Tatooine by Ben Solo.

14. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I see the last shot being something like Rey training a new generation of Jedi, after the war has ended, with Luke (in ghost or physical form) looking on, with Yoda by his side.

GregMcP and themoth like this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The last shot? Vodka.

16. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought this thread was to discuss the final scene, not make accusations on other poster's view?

17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    =D=

TadoFett likes this.
  18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe a flash-forward like in Harry Potter

19. ReyRandom

ReyRandom Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2018
    Probably an epilogue with Rey and Ben holding their twins looking into the horizen.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Please no more twins...

21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Rey defeats Kylo, he's battered and has multiple injuries, she walks away thinking he'll die. As she returns to the Falcon a sleek shuttle flies over and lands near to where Kylo lays, a tall dark hooded figure departs the shuttle and approaches Kylo.

"He's still alive!"

The hood is pulled back and we see that this shadowy figure is none other than Plagueis, cut to some dark laboratory and Plagueis stands over Kylo, now entombed in a suit not dissimilar to Vader's.

"Arise, Lord Caedus"

"Master?"

"Good!!!! My plan is just beginning Lord Caedus".

Dar dar da da da dar dar:p

22. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm going to slightly amend my thoughts. It's partly because of an amazing piece of fan art that just made this feel so right.

I think the final shot will be Ben and Rey, but I really want it to be in the Millennium Falcon's cockpit. There would be a lot of poetry to that and it would be the most meaningful place those two characters could both end. Rey, who began her journey off of Jakku in the Falcon and is described as good at waiting and fixing broken things, was looking for family only to find a broken one she wanted to fix. Meanwhile, a redeemed Ben has reconnected to his and has finally come "home" (the closest thing to a physical and emotional home for him, IMO, would be the Falcon), even if there will always be a lot of pain for him in that.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    If JJ goes full Reylo in IX I believe the Falcon should be featured in the final scene no matter what. I would have Rey with a small kid holding his hand and asking her is they would ever get to see Ben again while the Falcon jumps to lightspeed next to the sunset, or both Rey and Ben in the Falcon while they punch the lightspeed button and while the lightspeed animation starts the screen jumps to the end credits.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Chewie lands the Falcon on Kashyyk. He walks out to his long missed family, but as he is being embraced by furry arms, we turn back inside and up to the empty cockpit. The lights blink for a moment, then *click* they turn off.

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    How about triplet?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018