main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will the last shot of Ep III be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Jun 15, 2002.

?

What will the last shot of Ep III be?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Obi Wan walking off into the desert

65.6%
  2. Vader on the bridge of a Star Destroyer

27.3%
  3. Yoda on Dagobah

0.8%
  4. Padme on Alderaan

3.9%
  5. Jar Jar's funeral

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
  2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Um, Padme's going to die, IMO, so I don't think we'll see her on Alderaan.

3. herder-of-nerfs

herder-of-nerfs Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    I voted for "Obi-Wan walking off in the desert".

All of the movies end with a group of at least four characters staring off into the distance. I think it will be Cliegg in his "wheelchair" holding the baby Luke while Owen and Beru are standing next to him. They have just seen Obi-Wan disappear into a sandstorm, and are staring into the distance where they last saw him.

4. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Good point about the characters staring off. I never thought about that. Perhaps in this case it will be Vader by Sidious' side staring off at their Empire (Coruscant, perhaps)?

5. herder-of-nerfs

herder-of-nerfs Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Um, Padme's going to die, IMO, so I don't think we'll see her on Alderaan.
    You don't know that. No one knows that. Actually, I doubt she'll die in the movie, because Leia remembers her. Unless the movie spans several years, she won't die.

6. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Neither of the above. The last scene will show us C-3PO and artoo.

7. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I thought about putting that in as a choice. Maybe they just got their memory wiped and they meet for the first time (again).

8. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    I voted "Obi-Wan walking off into the desert." That'd be an awesome shot shortly after delivering baby Luke to the Lars'. ;) :D But, every other Star Wars movie has ended with either one or both droids in the final shot. I'm sure Lucas will do it this way as well keeping with the "rhyming (sp?) themes." However, I just don't see how it is possible to do it that way..... ?[face_plain] We'll see in three long, agonizing years I suppose.

"Now, where was I...?" ?[face_plain] -Lenny

9. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I just hope the last shot is gloomy and a bummer. Nothing uplifting. It needs to be 'hopeless' so that 'A New Hope' makes sense.

10. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Obi-Wan in desert...

:)

11. Grieve

Grieve Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Obi Wan and Yoda looking very sad, cut to Vader and the new Emperor, Palpatine.

12. darthmantis41

darthmantis41 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I think it would be cool if they shot vader and you heard his breath. As he looked at out what he has done then obi won walking away in the dessert from giving luke away. But if you want the droids could it be possible that he gives leia away at the end so the bots will be there.

13. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    To Grieve you listen.

I was wondering how they could mimick ROTJ's conclusion.

Although Jedi's final shot is actually a celebration. I guess you could have an imperial victory and have celebrations on their side.

If you want to change the theme and keep the characters the same, you could show Leia and Luke next to each other as babies.

Good thread.

--Joey

14. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Of those choices I would pick the Obi-Wan one as I can really see that as the final scene. It would be a real emotional scene as well.

15. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I picked Obi-Wan in the desert, because if it ends with Vader I think I'll cry :( Hell, I'll cry anyway if Lucas doesn't find some way to give it a happy ending. Or atleast one that's not completely depressing!

16. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    If they go ahead with the "Obi-Wan walking off into the desert", it'd be nice if they played the twin sunset theme in the background. No, it wouldn't be nice; it'd be fantastic!

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well George has said that he's already shot part of the last scene already. So it's most likely Obi-Wan walking off into the desert.

I think he'll walk off into a sandstorm while the force theme is playing. Methinks it will just be Owen and Beru standing there with baby Luke. Methinks we'll get the idea that Cliegg died of his injuries from the Tuskens and of a broken will.

But that's how I see it.

18. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I think that the ending will be somewhat like the end of AOTC, a few short scenes to wrap up the story. We will probably see Vader and Palpatine looking over their new empire, cutting to the final scene of Obi-Wan walking off into the desert.

19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    It would be ultra-cool if the last shot (after Obi-wan gives Luke away and walks into the desert), was of a certain black helmet being placed on a Anakins mangled head (like in ESB)..I wouldn't want it to too obvious (close shot of black pulling away to reveal the angled contours of the helmet). It'd be great if the last sound that you heard was the first breath Vader took when his ventilator was turned on...

20. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Obi-wan walking away would be great....but I think it would be cool to see Vader on the SD, or side by side with the Emperor looking out onto something...space, or coruscant....etc.

HEY! 1500 POSTS!!!

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I personally hope it's depressing. :D

Like Vader or something. [face_devil]

22. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Definitely needs to be depressing. Nothing uplifting. Probably will end with Obi Wan, but should end with some sinister shot of Vader. Similar to the shot at the end of ESB where the Falcon escapes would be cool.

23. SHAB_WAN

SHAB_WAN Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2002
    i think the last shot is obi wan walk alone
    and he is cry

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Other.

I would like the last scene to be something with Vader, but not on a star destroyer. Since Vader probably won't appear until the very end of the film, it will be a little early to get him into all the roles he has in the OT.

25. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I have my own as well. It's a little differet, and it breaks from the norm, but oh well. Start off with vader breathing. That's it, no other sound. Then you slowly fade in the imperial march, show Obi-Wan retreating into his hovel in the Judland Wastes, Yoda retreating into his hovel on Dagobah, and the last shot, Vader standing next to the Emperor, looking out into space, on the bridge of a Star Destroyer; by this time, the march is really loud, and you can't hear vader's breathing anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.