main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What will they where? The fashion of E:VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by fishtailsam, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Those costumes are just so gorgeous. Especially the Luminara Unduli one.

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    The Jedi in the prequels needed to match more traditional garb shown by the Force ghosts in ROTJ. I suspect the ST would be middle ground between that and Luke's. Or maybe they'll just wear what's convenient.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like to see the PT Jedi costumes again, they were really cool. Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli and Shaak Ti, along with other Jedi, had great costumes I'd like to see Jedi wearing again.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Maybe he didn't know they were traditional Jedi robes until he saw his dad in them, either. :)

Personally, I'd like to see a mixture of OT/PT garb, with perhaps more of a lean towards the OT foe the public-at-large. I actually like the look of Luke in PT robes (at least as depicted on the cover of Apocalypse) and I could see Leia in a Chancellor-type role dressing in the colorful, flowing look her mother often sported, but on the whole, a more OT look would make sense, to be sure.

That said, fashion trends often move in cycles, no? Maybe after a few decades, the retro, PT look will be considered chic. I suppose we could justify almost any style they go with, from an IU point of view.

5. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Brown bathrobes is a look used by a lot, but many, many Jedi have more original clothing.

And E:VII looks like EVIL

Episode Swag likes this.
  6. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Luke in all black in ROTJ is boss

[​IMG]

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Black is very slimming. *ahem*

krtmd likes this.
  8. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Though I'm also quite fond of sexy Dagobah/Bespin Luke! He also wears khaki very well. The black in RotJ was very nice, too. Innocent/Light Side Luke seems to have worn a lot of sandy, light khaki colors, whereas mature/flirting with the Dark Side Luke wore the black. ESB and RotJ have similar jacket collars (the Mandarin/Nehru look), which might want to be retained for him to differentiate him from the generic Jedi robes look (though RotJ had his black cloak). They probably won't go for the Tosche Station poncho look, though it might be fun during a Tatooine scene.

I hope they go with the ESB shirt style for Harrison, as it is my favorite for him and the one that seems the least regular 'Harrison' of the bunch. He also needs to grow out his hair quite a bit. If you look at the ANH costume pictures of him with his normal haircut, it looks wrong. Grow out the hair and he looks more like Han than Harrison. RotJ bordered on being too much of a Harrison haircut instead of a Han haircut. ESB was the best look of the three, hair-wise. The ANH sideburns might also help make him look more in-character.

For Carrie, I doubt anyone is going to ban her from wearing a bra. I would guess she'll be in flowy senatorial robes with perhaps braided hairstyles. The cinnamon buns would be a bit too much of a reference, but they could still get away with referencing some of her ESB hairstyles (also the braided beehive one from the end of ANH). The Cousin It wig look from RotJ should be avoided (though the metal bikini braided hairstyle was flattering). A female offspring might slightly reference one of her classic hairstyles.

Episode Swag likes this.
  9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ST Luke should wear black robes.

klooney, Episode Swag and mattman8907 like this.
  10. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I personally like Luke's attire from ROTJ as opposed to the robes from the PT.

Episode Swag and mattman8907 like this.
  11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    No no no, you've got it all wrong. There were so many dead Jedi, that all the leftover and secondhand robes were suddenly in high supply, and ZERO demand. They were all donated to the needy as a tax write off, hence their ubiquity on Tatooine.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The early TPM Jedi concepts were dressed like ROTJ Luke.

Episode Swag likes this.
  13. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    These are sweet lookin'

14. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I hope for more realistic and practical clothes than what we saw in the PT: Jedi robes, ok - but you can't fight in those things!!! As for poor Padme, she was a walking coathanger - and it wasn't beneficial for her role...

Episode Swag likes this.
  15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yes, because cloth robes are certainly a far greater encumberance than, say, outsized terrifying helmets and bamboo armor covering most of your body. Not like the Samurai wore those or anything. :p

Episode Swag likes this.
  16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    While I love the gnostic/occult look of the robes & gowns and the diversity we saw, I think I'd liek to see amore modernistic, evolved look to the Jedi. Although i don't know If I'd make them black because symbolically black is evil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Episode Swag and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I like a little more form fitting for all the acrobatics the Jedi do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Black also represents purity of purpose. Hell, white is evil in Chinese mythology. Yellow is courage for them, despite it usually representing flashiness or cowardice for Westerners. These colors can all be used to represent different things. :p

Episode Swag likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    C'mon now. Lets not get into semantics. In the SW galaxy black represents evil, hence the DARK SIDE of the Force.

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Which is why Luke rocks it in ROTJ, right? :p Sure, he has his flirtations with the Dark Side, but he also demonstrates purity of purpose way beyond any flirtation.

21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    First, I will say black just looks better. However, I think Luke wore black in Jedi for that reason you mention -- to keep it ambiguous as to whether or not he would turn to the Dark side. Would the Emperor turn him?

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Eh, I had a big ol post ready to go, but then I accidentally hit delete. :p

krtmd likes this.
  23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I just keep getting distracted by the grievous spelling error in the thread title and lose my train of thought.

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I really hope we don't see every Jedi wearing robes. I like some of the EU designs for clothing...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

None of that looks really bulky, uncomfortable, or dangerous to be wearing in a fight.

Episode Swag and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The second is pretty much what the Jedi have always worn. :p