Speculation What will they where? The fashion of E:VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by fishtailsam, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like the idea of the Jedi returning to the traditional Jedi garb, which as we can see from the PT isn't uniform at all, but suits the characteristics and tastes of the individual. A great deal of that depends on when the ST is set, as well as how far along the New Jedi Order is (I believe it will be anywhere from 34-45 ABY), and how many different species are represented in the Order at this time. As far as non-Jedi characters, I think they will be an amalgamation of OT and PT styles with more of an emphasis on the OT, but additionally perhaps the ST will have its own unique look from that of the earlier trilogies.
  2. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You misunderstand (or I didn't make myself clear - take your pick :) ).

I didn't mean that the costumes were the same in that regard - the PT was far superior, and as you said, beautiful.

What I meant was that the way in which the people of the galaxy dress is similar in both trilogies and the TCW- robes, pants, waistcoats, etc.
    Episode Swag and Count Yubnub like this.
  3. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    They'll wear whatever Darth Gunn tells them to! [face_devil]
    my kind of scum and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  5. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, "Darth" Gunn is a frigid weirdo, who hasn't been laid since the 70s. Let's get the fashion advice from someone a little less creepy. ;)
  6. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Underoos for girls!!!! Me likey. 8-}
  7. KevinM1 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I won't be satisfied until everyone - men, women, children - wear a Nubian headdress and makeup.
  8. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Agree about the story determining the look anf feel of the ST.

I'm definitely a fan of Trisha Biggar's work with SW, but I wonder, has Norman Reynolds retired? I imagine at his age that he may have.
  10. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
  11. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I hope the Jedi get some color injected into their garb.

as for costumers I always liked Deborah Nadoolman; she worked on Raiders of the lost ark, and almost everything John Landis ever did. She might be to busy curating museums though.
  12. Plebeian Jedi Master

star 1
    The main characters will probably dress like space bums.
    Except for that one guy, and the villains, of course.
    fishtailsam likes this.
  13. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    bump for relevance to redundant thread.
  14. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  15. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  16. Episode Swag Jedi Master

star 1
    I think that the style should lean more towards OT than PT, because the rebels of the OT would be running the government at this point. So they should be wearing what they've always been wearing so to speak. Except with maybe newer looking clothing and stuff, but have it be in the same style. In terms of the Jedi, that one is rather tricky in my eyes. Personally I think that they should wear whatever they please, but they need to be recognizably Jedi looking. Also, we are going to be dealing with a new and inexperienced Jedi order when compared to the one lead by Yoda and crew. The Jedi garb should reflect this inexperience and its quest to get back to where it was before order 66.
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    They should wear dated disco clothing.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope. *shivers at the thought*