main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN What will you be leaving to play SWG?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Crafton, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Crafton

Jedi_Crafton Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Just wondering what everybody will be "leaving" behind when going to play STAR WARS GALAXIES

2. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Since I probably will not buy SWG, I will not be leaving any game behind. However, that will change once Jedi Academy is released. I will have to give up America's Army (by far the most realistic 1st person shooter evar!).

3. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I'll be leaving the SWG beta.

4. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I will not leave EverQuest. I will not add SWG until after it has been out awhile. Often new games have bugs in them. Also a beta tester has declared that it sucks. Then again thats only one opinion.

5. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I've heard from countless sources that this game sucks ass and it has more bugs than Windows 2000. Yet another classic Star Wars game that promises the gaming world superior graphics and game play, but serves up some cold snot on a paper plate.

I am going to wait until they get a majority of bugs worked out. Then I may try it out on the demo disk that they will send out, after 2-3 months from the release date, to boost sales.

From a license that prides their films on digital clarity and high performance CG, they pass around a collection plate when it comes to game development. Or, it could be like their books and all the other EU BullSh$t, which seems to revolve around talentless hacks that have no respect to the original plot or basis of IV/VI. Just create some more signage and marketing material to keep the fan boys happy. Even if it does suck.

\The conversation/

LucasArts Marketing,"Let's create a game that will be like Star Wars Rebellion, but with decent online capability, what do you think?"

Developer,"YES! We will use the same dos code and mix it up with the latest graphics package. It will be the same game with decent online capability. We will hype it up, repackage it, and sell it to the same people that we pissed off with Hasbro's EU Action Figure line and the Del Ray's books that talk about stuff that never really took place."

LucasArts Marketing,"Genius!"

Developer,"We will call it Star Wars Galaxies, same premise but not really. What do you think?"

LucasFilm Licensing, "Sounds good, here is the Lucasfilm stamp, make sure that you stamp every box that the game is shipped in so people know who made this Jewel of a product, or we will sue you back to the before time."

LucasArts Marketing Employee #1,"What are you going to do with your 2nd million?"

LucasArts Marketing Employee #2,"Second million, Sh$t brother, I am on my 3rd right now, I had the idea of making action figures that never existed in a movie biatch!"

LucasArts Marketing Employee #1,"Wow, you are a god among men."

Developer ,"Great, now off to a third world country to find programmers that will work for a green card to develop this treasure."

LucasArts Marketing, "See you in a month or so. That should be plenty of time to rush this game into the fanboy hordes"

So chumps sit back and enjoy the ride. Oh, and not to forget, but you will have to pay to play this piece of gaming mastery. Figures are not yet decided, but this is directly from the gifthourse's mouth:

1.11 How will the game be initially delivered? How will the cost of the game be figured?

You purchase the game box as you would most other retail products. LucasArts Entertainment Company will determine the cost of the game and subscription fees based on market conditions at the time of release.

1.12 Will there be a fee to play in addition to buying the game?

To pay for ongoing costs such as live team salaries, bandwidth consumption and customer service, there will be a subscription fee. The amount will not be determined until we are closer to shipping the game.

I have been let down with every title that Lucasarts has shot out at the public. Their lackluster products have failed in everyway to bring even an ounce of entertainment to the table. They should stick to what they do best, FILMS. This pathetic attempt to gain favor with the MMORPG crowds will end up smacking them in the face.

Time will tell.

Tk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.