main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would Anakins return mean to the Vong?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trell, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    It just occured to me that for a long while now we may have been looking at the questin of Anakins return from the wrong angle.

Instead of wondering what Anakins return would mean to SW, bad plots, the NJO, or the Jedi, what would it mean to the Vong themselves? There reaction would be... diffrent that much s sure.

To them he was an incarnation of a god of death correct? Well, if the incarnation returned, what kind of moral shock would that be? How many Vong would outwardly defect or at least start soem sort of Vong civil war if this happened? Or simply stop the war? Would they fight harder? There are many many possibilities I think, and they would all drastically effect the conclusion of the NJO, not to mention the future of the Star Wars saga.

What are your opinions on Anakins effect upon the Vong?

2. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    They would be in shock, the shamed ones would worship him as a god, then Anakin would promptly slice off all their heads.

3. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I don't see it mattering all that much at all to anybody but his immediate family.

4. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Nom Anor would use it as a symbol of Jeedai power over even death. More converts!

5. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Bingo. Anakin was becoming a legend to the Vong, he died as a legend. I relaly think his return would send the Vong "political" situation into a tailspin. Nom Anor would most definitally gain power, weakening Shimrras possition. This could be part of what will bring a war taht seems like it can't be closed quickly to a much sooner conclusion.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Certainly it would have an affect on the Vong, particulary the Shamed Ones. As I understand it now, the Vong religon does not allow for anyone to return from the dead. As far as the Vong in general are concerned, Anakin is very, very dead and by their religon can not return. But for him to return, the priest caste would have to find a way to explain how he did so. And they would have to continuously explain it. Particulary to the warrior caste, most likely, as they would be the most likely to see him time and time again after his return.

As for the Shamed Ones, as has already been mentioned they'd view his return as a sign of the power of the Force. It was because of Anakin that the Shamed Ones started believing in the Force. Anakin helped Vua Rapuung escape from the Shamed One caste and return to the warrior caste, helped him prove Mezhan Kwaad had made him a Shamed One. This may well have caused the Shamed Ones to believe that the other Vong castes were diliberately keeping them down, comeing up with ways to make them Shamed Ones and then proclaiming that it was the gods that did so. But for a Jedi to help a former warrior prove it was not the gods who frowned on him was really saying something to the Shamed Ones. And leading them to believe that their salvation was in the Jedi and in belief in the Force. Leading them to believe that both are much stronger than the other castes would have them believe. Anakin's return would only help to enforce such beliefs.

7. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    What would Anakins return mean to the Vong?

That the NJO has become lamer then Star Trek

8. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Well that was completelly off topic and made no sense.

If it read: What would Anakins return mean to Star Wars?[/i then it would have some merrit, but as is, no. in anycase, Star Trek isn't exactally lame... not great, but not lame. And this ressurection would be far different then Spocks in anycase.

Knight, valid points, not only would his return be a moral booster to the Shamed Ones but it would force there entire religion to go through an overall, or at least the Preist cast to come up with some serious spin control.

Basically, the idea behind this thread, now that I am a tad more awake to state it, is to show that Anakins return would have a plot purpose instead of just coming out of left field. I myself wish he could be brought back in a convincing manor... but I sadlly don't see it coming.

9. Far_Side

Far_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2003
    Anakin's Return to the Vong would mean...well...pretty much nothing.

How would Anakin's return be announced to the heretics and Nom Anor? Nom doesn't have high-ranking spies to tell him about the state of the galaxy anymore. Any warriors who encountered Anakin wouldn't know who he was or is, or would be dead before they could report back.

If for some reason the Galactic Alliance was compelled to announce the return of Anakin to the shamed ones (how would they know to do this anyway?) how could they show proof that someone whom almost no Vong alive has ever seen has returned from the dead? Why would any of the Vong believe the GFFA's story? What would keep all the Vong from believing Shimmra and the priests when they say that it is a lie? Even if Nom Anor were to start preaching that Anakin has returned, it might stregnthen the conviction of a few, but he has no proof whatsoever. Even taking Anakin in front of a congregation wouldn't prove anything, since none of the Vong besides Nom Anor knew what he looked like.

Even if the return of Anakin brought three or five or seven times as many converts over to Nom Anor, then it still wouldn't be very significant. The heretics number in the thousands, right? Thousands out of how many million (or billion) Vong in the galaxy? The shamed ones's insurrection is probably less or about as dangerous to Shimmra as the rebellion was to the Emperor. Unless they get a lucky shot at the high-ranking Vongs, then what real danger would they pose?

10. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Oh, it'd matter to the Vong alright lol - imagine it. They believe death is the supreme thing; they worship death (see BP, where Leia challenges Tsavong Lah). A glorious death is the most important thing in life, you could see.

And suddenly, death isn't all-powerful anymore - a Jedi, no less, has returned from the dead...

*cultural shockwave imminent*

(I use the concept in Darkness Shaped, my fanfic...)

11. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i suppose the Vong reaction would deal greatly on the how-when-where of Anakin's return. Im sure his reception would be greaty different if he appeared on Myrkyr than if he appeared on Yuzhanthar (sp) or if he appeared on Zonoma Sekot. i'm sure that Shimmra, if he knew, would try to ascertain that anakin was back, and then have him eliminated quietly. If Nom Anor knew, he could try to use that as a part of this theology.... or see Anakin's return as causing a schism in his role... what good is a Prophet, if the real deal Jeedai reappears (and starts getting converts to Anakin-based Jeedai heresy and not Nom Anor-based Jeedai heresy)

12. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    The mythos of Anakin Solo would grow even more. After all, what self respecting incarnation of death would stay dead anyway?

13. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    To them he was an incarnation of a god of death correct? Well, if the incarnation returned, what kind of moral shock would that be? How many Vong would outwardly defect or at least start soem sort of Vong civil war if this happened? Or simply stop the war? Would they fight harder? There are many many possibilities I think, and they would all drastically effect the conclusion of the NJO, not to mention the future of the Star Wars saga.

No, some people here have sermised that Anakin my be the embodiement of Yun Yuuzhan the creator god. Mostly because Jaina and Jacen have been associated with the two other major gods, as well as the twin gods. The only evidence of this is that Yun Yuuzhan was THE shaper and Anakin is the only none-vong to shape anything with Yuuzhan Vong life (his lightsaber).

The shamed Vong themselves see Anakin as god like at this point, because he brought redemtion to Vua Ruupung. Because of this they see the Jedi as their salvation.

As J_k_dart said, if Anakin was to somehow return from the dead it would have a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong Faith. I think we would see quite heresy turn to full on rebellion.

14. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Jimmy isnt coming back. hes dead!

15. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Then Jimmy would = Jesus

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Then Jimmy would = Jesus

Uh, no... please no comparisons with fictional characters and some people's Savior. Thanks!

And I forgot before...

Anakin? Why good ol' Darth Vader would mean "slice 'n' dice" for the Vong! :p

17. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    *cues REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it"* :p

What would it mean? The beginnings of a Shamed Ones' revolt. The religious dogma of the Vong have been tossed in the 'fresher, and thus it's a whole new ball game. look out Shimmra. :cool:

18. nerdus

nerdus Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 17, 2003
    Just off the top of my head I would assume the return of Anakin would mean a lot of dead Vong Warriors

19. LordShimrra

LordShimrra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    If you're talking about Anakin Solo, it wouldn't mean anything. He'd probably try to fight them ... again and die ... again.

If you're talking about Anakin Skywalker, that would depend on if you mean Skywalker or Vader. Skywalker would just be another Jedi added to the cause, no big whoop. But Vader on the other hand, he'd probably go to Yuuzhan'tar with some giant weapon, blow some stuff up and then fight lightsaber-to-amphistaff each and every Yuuzhan Vong he encounters. He'd wipe them out. All of them.

20. LordShimrra

Feb 21, 2003
    Damn multi-posts.

21. LordShimrra

Feb 21, 2003
    Damn multi-posts.

22. sithspit4

sithspit4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Yuuzhan Vong warrior, "Die Jedi-scum!"

Anakin,"Been there, done that. Yippee Ky-yae, m*&^%$%^&*%r!"

8-}

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Will. Not would. Will.

-Paul

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The way I see this thread is to speculate on how the return of a well known character, known even among the Vong by now, would affect the storyline and the Vong culture. And that is why I tried to focus on both the upper castes of Vong society (particulary the priest caste) and the Shamed One Caste in my previous post. Anakin's return would affect both differently, so we really must look at both and how they would be affected.

25. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    dp4m...i didn't mean to compare...really...i just wanted to point out that it's risky to write resurrection stuff in any type of fiction. Lucas got enough complaints on Anakin Skywalker's virgin birth...if they have a stylized resurrection they might get screamed at even more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.