main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would be different if YOU wrote and directed the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LeeKenobi, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    AotC and RotJ were okay, but TPM needs some work...
    Here's what I would have done:

Obi-Wan is not Qui-Gon's apprentice: they are best friends and peers sent to work out the Trade Federation blockade at Naboo. Obi-Wan was trained by Yoda and Qui-Gon by Dooku.

So they get to Naboo and all hell breaks loose. They are on their way to Theed and meet Jarjar Binx--a Gungan whose entire family was expelled centuries ago from Otoh Gunga for trying to establish ties to the Naboo. Jarjar, who is a cocky "lonely hero" type takes them to Otoh Gunga and they meet Boss Nass, who expels them "one way or another" by either execution or by going to Theed--through the planet's core.

The trio gets to Theed and rescues some pilots and blasts off with Queen Amidala and her handmaiden Padme Naberrie. They sustain heavy damage from the federation shooting them that they limp it to Tatooine. Once there, Jarjar, Qui-Gon and Padme head to Mos Espa looking for parts to fix their ship, while Obi-Wan stays behind to guard the queen.

They find Watto's junk shop and try to buy the parts, but Watto won't accept Republic credits. The Jedi MInd Trick won't work, so Jarjar offers a solution; he will make a wager with a chance cube. If the cube turns red, the group gets the parts for credits. If it turns blue, he becomes Watto's slave. So Watto rolls the dice and it turns up red.

Darth Maul pops up and has his ### handed to him by Qui-Gon, with the help of Jarjar, who continuously shoots at Maul with the blasters he confiscated from some battle droids on Naboo.

They fix the ship and go to Coruscant where 13 year old apprentice Anakin is waiting anxiously for his master Qui-Gon's return. Qui-Gon introduces him to Padme. He is instantly smitten, and problems arise because he just entered puberty.

After sleeping though a Jedi Council meeting, they head back to Naboo and meet the Gungans again. Jarjar acts as liason between the Naboo and the Gungans. Amidala submits to Nass and everyone is happy. Nass makes Jarjar Field Komandar of the Grand Gungan Army. They form their plan to expel the federation.

Jarjar and the army march onto the field to meet the droids about to invade Otoh Gunga. He gives them a Maximus-style speech (What we do in life, echoes in eternity!) and the battle is on. Jarjars outnumbered forces are surrounded by droids, and he activates an EMP which takes out half of them, levelling the field. But its not enough. MOre Gungans die and Jarjar is forced into surrender.

Maul shows up again and kills Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan kills Maul.

One of the Naboo pilots gets hit and crashes the radio tower of the droid control ship, shutting down the droids as they are about to execute Jarjar and the other captured Gungans.

Obi-Wan then volunteers to continue Anakin's training, as it was the dying wish of Qui-Gon. Yoda accepts.

Everyone is happy.

The end.

Strilo edit: Please check the forum index for the numerous threads on this subject.

2. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    I would've had Anakin stay and become the most powerful Jedi ever. He would've been unstoppable. Taking on a three jedi at a time would've been like tying his shoe, a piece of cake. Take on a whole army, no problem. But then who would be Vader. I only wish. I can't really think of any great or signifcant chandes I would make. I thought it was great. I enjoyed them more than the original's, so. Maybe Obi Wan not getting his aass kicked so bad in AOTC. Maybe Anakin using the force lightning in ROTS (he does it in the game, freakin sweet). Possibly showing when Anakin and the clones destroy the jedi in the temple (like in the game). Also, I would've showed Anakin killing a jedi, making them beg for mercy. Probably fixed up some of the dialogue. Nevermind, I guess those are some great changes.

3. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    ....Jeez, how many threads do we have like this?
    :rolleyes:

4. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Nothing wrong with this topic. Encourages a bit of imagination and independent thought.

Much more interesting than worshipping George Lucas.

5. AmosMoses

AmosMoses Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2005
    If I wrote the prequels....hmmmmmm.

Think Gigli in space. No, wait maybe a cross between Moulin Rouge and Ghostbusters. Or perhaps Muppets take Manhattan with a dash of How High. Either way it would really bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.