main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What would female comic book heroines look like

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Feb 22, 2015.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    if they were drawn by women? What kind of names and alter egos would we have as well? What kind of issues would childbirth bring or not wanting to have kids bring?

Costumes, would they be closer to what the guys do or something else entirely like more of a military look to it?

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  2. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    big balloon boobs, skimpy outfits. you know, the usual.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Gee, if only there were female artists and female writers working in comics right now......

Oh wait, there are.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They would all wear camouflage and steel-toed combat boots designed for the purpose of kicking men in the crotch. And they would be able to successfully do that while carrying two kids in a sling on their backs.

Am I doing this right?

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Sarge likes this.
  6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Somehow, I think they'd wear something athletic and sensible for crime-fghting, like sweat pants or yoga pants.

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    [face_sigh]
    you're forgetting the super wide hips and 20 inch waist [face_frustrated]

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    how about a transgender team called the ex-men?

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Whatever women view as a power fantasy.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh look, a stupid and sexist beez thread... wonderful.

11. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    okay guys what would dog superheroes look like if they were drawn by actual dogs? my guess would be big balloon dogboobs, skimpy dogfits and twenty-inch dogwastes. what do you folks think?

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    beezel.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezel.

BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    my guess is they Would look slightly more like the things women like and, i mean, this is not sexist, you say sexist and you just your opinion and nothing, like, but girls like different collors, it's an Evolution fact beacause they hunted berries while men picked up deers so they evolutioned a Positive response to the color Pink, its right there in our jeans, but I mean, what, superheroeses wouldn't Necessirarily wear pink, like, the boob window Power Girl would, unlikely, be more than that. BUT and sure you agree with Me here. we wouldnt see things like menstruatuons just like you don't see a Batman with erectile this function, it's a life, not, like, Bruce Wayne, not Serrina Kyle, those things do not belong in books because, children and people with disibilities, they are innocent and we have to say NO and admit that some things are better left out, women or Men, doesn't matter, if the color is pink or Superman is wearing a rodeo hat, it wouldn't be difference, would you not agree,

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  16. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    WOMEN DO DRAW THEM YOU UGH ***& THIS THREAD AND THIS POST I'M NOT READING ANY OF IT

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I choose to interpret this as "however I draw them from now until forever, you clueless ****-tard..."

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  19. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Okay so serious response here - now I may not work in comics, but I work in video games and other stylized forms. Which as you can imagine, has the same problem that comics does as far as sexism goes. But here's the thing: as the person who creates the women and men, yes I totally do make women look idealized...*when it's called for*. But guess what! I go total perv mode on the men too! You think your game characters are made without giant **** in their pants?!? THINK AGAIN. Both sexes are over idealized when it fits the style and the specific character. It works the same for everything.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm outraged! How dare the male form be used in this way!

21. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    This is the most intelligent answer in the thread. Male super heroes are often handsome dudes with chiseled features and Mr. Universe bodies, because that's the male ideal. It's the fantasy of perfection. So whatever the female artist or writer in question imagines as the ideal female form and ideal or enviable qualities, perfection if you will, will likely be represented in the super heroine she invents.

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Men draw men to be their version of perfect, men draw women to be their vision of perfect.

Likewise we need more women in comics drawing me to their vision of perfect and drawing women to their vision of perfect.

If only to balance out the current imbalance

23. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Sure. I do think we idealise pretty much the same things in both genders, though. I mean we both want to be what the other desires, so it's only natural that our ideal will be what we think the other wants.

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Hopefully with more women artists the more egregious examples of sexist art will be weeded out over time and eventually male and female characters will be power fantasy's for both men and women respectively.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    "If only women drew comic books!"?