main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Ep III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediKnightOB1, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    To be honest, I almost walked out of TPM the first time I saw it. I was flabbergasted, mostly by the acting/voices/timing. The battledroid's "Roger, Roger" talk and Nute's "Wha? Wha di foo shay? A Jeedi? Herah?" really put me on the defensive for the rest of the film. I only stayed because I knew the duel would be amazing. I still have only sat through TPM probably half a dozen times.

2. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    To be honest, I almost walked out of TPM the first time I saw it. I was flabbergasted, mostly by the acting/voices/timing. The battledroid's "Roger, Roger" talk and Nute's "Wha? Wha di foo shay? A Jeedi? Herah?" really put me on the defensive for the rest of the film. I only stayed because I knew the duel would be amazing. I still have only sat through TPM probably half a dozen times.

I don't know about you, but if there's a movie I don't like... or even kinda like (like you seem to with TPM).... I'm not going to sit through it 6 times...I doubt I'd sit through it twice....

There are movies I really like that I haven't seen 6 times....

3. Booby_Fett

Booby_Fett Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2004

Nothing.... Absolutely nothing. Sure, there might be things that I don't like but this is Star Wars. I remember sitting through AOTC thinking that the speeder chase got a little dull and repetitive, and that I shouldn't be feeling bored in a Star Wars film, but I still sat through it - totally immersed in the experience. Come on, we are all Star Wars fans, and you can't expect every minute of every film to be the dogs bollocks

4. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    With all the crap playing in theaters, you almost left TPM?

Absolutely. I know I?m in the minority in this regard but TPM was barely tolerable. Between Jar-Jar fumbling through the whole movie like an idiot and Jake Lloyd?s ridiculously bad acting, I was ready to slit my wrists, pass out and dream of what could have been.

And maybe ROTS will be "at least good enough to sit though?"

So you disagree? So you?re saying that ROTS will NOT be at least good enough to sit through?

Way to go into a movie with the intentions of having a good time

Lucas disappointed me once and I won?t allow it again. I?m going in to ROTS with low expectations so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    BluePhoneix- I agree with you, I'm going to the movies with super low expectations. Maybe I'll be surprised. April 2nd, for me is the day, becuase we may actually read about the story in a coherent form. Not very happy with the first two prequel movies though. In fact, the Matrix for me was tolerable than the first two. Lord of the Rings, yep still the king.

6. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Thanks vong333. For an '03er, you're alright.

I?d say that the LOTR movies are perhaps the greatest movies ever made. Say what you want about LOTR, but a Star Wars movie will NEVER receive the accolades that ROTK did at last year?s Oscars.

7. isanpa

isanpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Aayla not been on the movie. :_|

8. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    If anything Howell said turns out to be true.

9. Shadow_sith11

Shadow_sith11 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Hmmm...

(1)If Yoda farts
    (2)If Jar Jar uses a lightsaber
    (3)If Britney Spears shows up in the background toating a pink saber, but is slaughtered from behind by CHristina Aguilera

10. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    The only time I'd actually walk out of star wars movie would be if someone in the audience was coughing or being obnoxious and preventing everyone else from watching the film.

I'd demand a rescreen for free and get the bastard kicked out

11. Snork

Snork Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    If they dub it. The thought of someone else than Ian delivering Palpatines lines is?unbearable.

12. Songbird

Songbird Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    When Anakin and Palpatine are at the theatre, 50 Cent comes out on stage and starts rapping "In Da Club".

13. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    I don't know about your theatres, but I always have someone moving my seat-kicking and what can you do..fight? They keep doing it after you complain. This time I'll sit on the back-the reason I got to be early.

14. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    Yoda losing to Darth Sidious.

15. RenegadeCanuck

RenegadeCanuck Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2005
    I heard Yoda does lose.

If someone is talking lound,. or talking on their cellphone/their cell phone goes off. I won't walk out of the movie, but I'll beat the living crap outta the guy talking and then buy a ticket to the next showing (if Epi 3 is good) to see that part I missed.

16. THE_FAT_WOOKIE

THE_FAT_WOOKIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    starwars is an exciting ride that never getts old. the only thing that would get me upst at all is when it's over. i won't be mad, i'll be saddend that our starwars ride is all but gone. another thing, i just can't see a t.v show.

17. neutralsideforce

Jan 16, 2005
    The Star Wars Legacy DVD by 2007. George will introduce all missing moments-macha vader training with Palpatine, the beginning of the conflict between jedis & siths, an old version of Luke with his childs as jedi apprentices, Anakin's birth mystery, the background of Palpatine with his master and their secrect tradition ect... Not a movie, remember.

18. neutralsideforce

Jan 16, 2005
    Excuse my madness, the word should be children-my point of view. I had child(s) because never knew about they-she-he?!

19. PerroLoco_Kenobi

PerroLoco_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2005
    I won't walk out, but I'll have a stroke if I hear:

"Lord Vader"

"yesss, my master."

"Rise."

"yippee!"

And Bob, I know exactly how you feel. I think the reason I keep watching the PT is that the good parts are very good (or at least very cool), but the bad parts are really groaners.

20. StarWarsJunky

StarWarsJunky Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Really nothing...unless Bea Arthur or anyone else who had a cameo in the Star Wars Holiday Special shows up in ROTS...

21. AdmiralNeeda

AdmiralNeeda Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    "Lord Sidious?"
    "Yes Master."
    "Riiiisa, pallo!"

22. Yoda-on_Cancer_cell

Yoda-on_Cancer_cell Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2005
    film burning in projector

23. RevanBeatsSidious

RevanBeatsSidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    I dont know what would make me walk out of Ep III before it finishes...

but i know what will cause me to commit murder while watching it...

any bloody fanboy who trys to anticipate the dialogue by using spoilers...

that would realy annoy me...

24. DarthBot

DarthBot Jedi Master star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I would say a crying baby or whiny kid or teenagers that don't shut up. then I would kill them in a rage and have to leave the theatre so I don't go to jail.

25. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    If Britney Spears shows up in the background toating a pink saber, but is slaughtered from behind by CHristina Aguilera

That'd make me want to watch it an extra 1000 times. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.