main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Ep III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JediKnightOB1, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I wouldn't walk out, but I'd be pretty darn pissed if Anakin is forced into becoming Darth Vader.

2. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    He'll be tricked not forced.

3. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

No, he needs to make that choice on his own.

4. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    ok, just thought of this on the bus.

Padme names the kids after words that means "hope" in two different languages, so ep. IV title now has a new meaning.

5. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    If I'm going to pay $8.00 for a movie and then another $10 for drinks and whatever else. I am not about to walk out. I'm sure whater Lucas puts on film will be okay.

6. COUNT_HAIKU

COUNT_HAIKU Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    5-if captain Tycho has a secret crush on padme and tries to seduce her...

I think you mean Captain Typho. Tycho (Celchu) was either not born yet or a little child at the time of Ep. III.

Maybe he meant to say, "Captain Type-o"

7. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I would think about walking out if SuperShadow is thanked in the opening credits. Then again, I might just laugh my ass off and piss off all my FF friends!

8. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    I'm a Huge SW fan(since i was 3 years old) and nothing in any SW movie has disappointed me and i know i won't be walking out at all; nothing and i mean nothing in EP 3 will disappoint me. Im not the type of person that disses Star Wars, and i have never dissed SW. I'm also a Huge blink 182 fan(they're my favorite punk band) and i know that theres a lot of people that have been disappointed with there last 2 Studio Albums but i was never and will never be disappointed with blink but i do think there old skool punk is better tho. But back to the topic, no i will not walk out of EP3. Nothing in SW will dissappoint me. Sorry for rambling on.

Im listening to the new AFI cd, its awesome.

9. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    come on its the last starwars movie and it is going to be the best but i just hope it is not to short because there is alot to cover *starts to cry why dose it have to be the last star wars movie

10. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Reading about a CGI Vader just made me think about this thread, too. Not only would a 100% CG Vader make me walk out, I may not go in the first place. You guys can have it at that point because that would mean that George's soul had been sold to the computer geeks. I'm not going to spend $50 in one night ($20 for tickets for me and my wife and $30 at the snack bar for a super humongous big gulp meal deal) for there not to be a real person inside the suit. I think that's the least we can ask is that Anakin actually be in there earning his pay.

11. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    -GL being in the movie

-jar jar having an important part again

12. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I'll walk out alright! When the music ends and the last credit rolls by. Then I'll go buy another ticket and do it all over again.

13. TpJedi_Master

TpJedi_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll walk out if the film breaks (so I can grab some more grub during the time it takes to get back on screen)

I'd walk out if I had to hurl though then again you might hope I'm not in your theatre cause I just make chuck all over the floor cause I'm not leaving

I'd walk out if I get thrown out of the theatre for sneaking in for the 7th time that day cause I ran out of money and my friends let me in the back door and they were forcing me at gunpoint to leave.

Actually I don't think I would ever walk out on a Star wars movie...but there is no guarantees that when I walk out I'll be satisfied.

14. Darth_vengences

Darth_vengences Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2003
    1. Seeing Padme die
    2. Jar Jar Binks
    3. Protestor against the clone wars
    4. not introducing part of the death star
    5. Watto
    6. not knowning who Sifo Dyus is
    7. anakin losing his lightsaber
    8. short battle scenes

15. Castle_Fred

Castle_Fred Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    I think the only thing that might conceivably cause me to walk out would be if it they showed something truly offensively disturbing. A very graphic scene in which Anakin rapes Padme, for example, might be enough to make me say, "Okay, that's it... good bye! And no, I won't be back for the Special Edition in 25 years, Mr. Lucas."

16. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Anakin won't rape Padme! There won't be anything that disturbing in a PG-rated movie.

17. BosskRulestheWorld

BosskRulestheWorld Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2003
    If Jocasta Nu appears but doesn't do anything remotely evil.She is evil incarnate and they have to show it! She needs to have a pivotal scene just as things begin to go bad where she snaps and begins force-choking the younglings.

Either that or if she ends up being the one that pays one of Bossk's ancestors to take out Jar-Jar. We'd see her laughing maniacally after paying for the service.

If Sidious ends up being someone other than Palpatine (I seriously doubt it), it'd better be Jocasta Nu or I WILL walk out.

18. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Jar Jar becomes a hinchman for Palpatine.

19. Elbak_Ohn

Elbak_Ohn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    let's face it...

all of us (except possibly those more normal, non-fan peoples)wouldn't walk out of the theater at all. fat hope. if you say that you'll walk out it's either

1. crazy talk
    2. you're not really a fan
    3. you're plain dumb

out of these, 1 is most likely and two follows it. i doubt 3 will apply to anyone here...

the thing is that though we wont walk out, we MIGHT leave the theater really, really disappointed if something we hoped for didn't happen. face it, guys: SW belongs to George Lucas, not you, and if he decides to make the movie and replace all the charaters with Ewok clones we can't really do anything. :p

20. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Not a Damn thing but I would be pissed if Boba kills Mace, Boba suckes so overrated Mace is the Badass Jedi he cant die cause of some fanboy's wetdream

21. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Not a Damn thing but I would be pissed if Boba kills Mace in a lame way , Boba sucks so overrated Mace is the Badass Jedi he cant die cause of some fanboy's dream

22. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Correct, I have said it before and I'll say it again: Boba Fett versus Mace Windu is IMO equivalent to C-3PO doing battle with Darth Maul. 8-}It's too silly a idea. Boba Fett will be about 12 or 13 by then. [face_shocked]Who started that idea? :confused:Shame on you. Mace Windu is probably one of the top 5 swordsmen in the galaxy. :)

Honestly nothing will make me walk out on Episode 3, I've been anticipating it too long. Some parts might make me squirm or sink deeper into my seat in embarrassmnet but I don't believe Lucas has left anything opened for fault. He already got past the dumb idea's mainly in TPM and some parts of AOTC. :)

The worst thing that could happen is if there is'ent any confrontation of some sort between Master and protege. Obi Wan and Anakin must collide to make this movie complete.

All IMHO. :)

<[-]> Saber

23. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    I'll be pissed if ep.III leaves unanswered questions. Everything needs to be covered in ep.III.

24. HKChicago

HKChicago Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Upsetting things:
    -Padme lives
    -It's set up that Leia "remembers" someone else in ROTJ
    -Qui-Gon not referenced in story
    -Darth Tyrannus just appears as a Sith apprentice to be killed by Anakin, plot should involve him somehow (he shouldn't be the Darth Maul of Ep3)
    -Yoda is not defeated/humbled somehow

I'll leave:
    -Appearance of anything Falcon
    -Appearance of anything Solo
    -Appearance of anything Calrissian
    -Appearance of anything Wookie

25. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    HKChicago, I'm curious to why you would walk out because of a wookie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.