main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If the theatre is full of Prequel fans, yelling at the screen, "See! That's CGI!"

Arch Stanton, Dra---, Avnar and 3 others like this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If the person who had it before me forgot to rewind the tape.

TX-20 and Howard Hand like this.
  3. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I agree. I'm a Saga fan and love both practical and CGI. Glad to see TFA using both to make the best visuals yet. I personally love Mocap the best.;)

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    At least Chewie controlled the whole scene. Every time Chewie growled, the Rebels did something. Turned, cheered, ended the movie.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    That's what i'll look like if for some reason the movie makes me leave the theater....

Rabs likes this.
  6. Darth Sequel Trilogy

Darth Sequel Trilogy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 13, 2015
    Luke & Leia married. :p

Avnar likes this.
  7. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    If Luke doesn't have a heir, a true heir not an 'adoption', nor a niece, his offspring.

skywalkereu421 likes this.
  8. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Nothing would make me walk out of a SW movie. Heck, i even sat through TPM lol, jk, i really liked Liam Neeson in it. I just really hope there is a DIRECT relevant expositional connection to the other six films, in narrative, plot and story.

9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    If the theater is full of Real Star Wars Fans, whining about how George would have done it better.

10. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    [​IMG]

If this guy is this guys dad...

[​IMG]

...Then, I am out of there.

TX-20 and Sith-Mullet like this.
  11. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    If there are enough to fill a theatre.....

Seeher and Howard Hand like this.
  12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    If the protagonists of the film openly celebrate 9/11.

13. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Honestly, what would take me out of the movie?

If it got too "issuey" and starts getting too political in a real world sense.

SW is about escapism. None of that real world nonsense.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    If the Knights of Ren are revealed to be Ewoks in masks and black robes/outfits.

and Snoke is revealed as a demented, Dark Side influenced version of Logray.

15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Are you kidding? I would be "Sold! Am am IN with this story.". Evil Ewoks are a lockin for me.

16. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    And I do know we will get plenty of "Oh no! Star Wars has vague parallels with the real world!" complaints.

We know the cast has capable women in it. A Black hero. Perhaps an environmental message, and perhaps some politics reflecting our current situation.

Good.

JabbatheHumanBeing and Dra--- like this.
  17. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If BB-8 is carrying "Stolen data tapes" for DeathStar III, I AM OUT OF THERE!!!

18. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    Having -diversity:rolleyes: a lot of different people folk and historical allusions isn't a political stance. Bringing biased political theory into your story to expose people to some sort of message is. Whether I agree with it or not.

It degrades what Star Wars is at it's best and turns it into Revenge of the Sith, or worse. Avatar. (How many times do I need to hear cutting down trees is bad? I've literally heard that message since I was in Elementary School. It isn't that profound.)

Then Star Wars will fall to the denizen of fiction which is little more than glorified propaganda. It was better than that at one time. Putting corny messages behind it is a backwards step into PT territory. It's the reason SW was the most popular movie of its time. All the others were burdened down with "real world trouble." And people were overly jaded.

Simply put: It's BAD. Very, very bad. Trite. Corny. Uninspired. And Bad to sit there and think, "hey. people lika dah starwars lets put message in it and 'educate' people on [generic serious issue A]. Surely we can't give them 2hs of peace and escapism from da weal wold, nor allow an adequate analysis on what is pwobably a compwicated issue that you can't get the breadth of in a week, let alone 1.2% of one."

Master_Lok and Sarge like this.
  19. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    If Han says : "I love you" and Kylo says "I know."

20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, merely having a strong female hero has become a politically radical statement lately.

Avatars politics... pushing aside the natives for the sake of a buck.... I'm cool with that. You don't need to be threatened by it. I'm more offended people insist on suppressing such a message.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    =D= 1000% agree with this post.

You can put a subtle message into your genre film without pontificating. I immediately shut down when people do this (hello Mr. Blomkamp.) If you'd like to see a real world film there's plenty of dramas etc. that fill that bill.

This woman is 100% for characters she can get behind, not someone's political agenda. I'll be happy to watch a character from anywhere / any background if they're compelling. Simple as that.

Sarge and Vehgah like this.
  22. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I'm still sticking by my noisy audience choice lol

23. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I assume you're talking to me.

Who said I was threatened by Avatar's message? I just think it's trite for anyone old enough to have seen Fern Gully and whatever [White man helps brown folk fight white men] film that happened to come out that year.

That's the problem. When people think that ideas have a time and a place people automatically become defensive and assume it's the message they have a problem with.

And having a "strong female character" is only radical to people convinced that every single female character up until now has been weak and useless. Which is, of course, untrue and unfair if you read, watch, and play widely enough.Real Talk: The term "strong female character" is becoming a marketing ploy to attract people that buy into this belief already; evident in the fact that not every male character is strong, but no one feels the need to designate those who are from those who aren't. It's only as politically charged as people want it to be.

Anyway, it would be naive for me to say that the OT didn't have themes inspired by real events; but GL, at the time at least, was smart enough to do it in a way that it didn't distract people from the story and characters by becoming obviously political. He also had a healthy layer of theology, metaphysics, mythical archetypes, the heroic journey, and so forth.
    Now potentially less intelligent people have something that's going to garner a huge audience, and I don't want them to be tempted into thinking it's a stage to show their butts, so to speak. I don't want them to trade in the subtle depth that the OT had for flavor of the month politics that does little to actually examine the topic but is there just visible enough so people can get social/marketing cool points.

I don't want SW to become another tract.

Sarge and Master_Lok like this.
  24. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    The entire saga has always been propaganda on a certain level. This has been the case for many sci-fi/fantasy stories. However, I will be disappointed if Disney and Lucasfilm discontinue this aspect of the previous six films.

25. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    True, but it's so subtle you gotta read books about it to find out.

It's the tact in which it's done. If it isn't tactful, it's going to pull me out. I don't care if it's trying to get me to adopt a cat.

Now, I'm not so petty that I'll waste my money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.