main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    He wasn't going to make these, it was a different story. He doesn't even know what the story is now. He just said they rejected his story. He's not even creative consultant anymore. I really don't care if they use bits and pieces of it, so don't bother pointing out that they might.

2. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    If Kylo Ren spends the entire movie making dark side puns...

Aww hell I'd probably still stay because I enjoy complaining so much.

3. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    If Ackbar says "It's a trap" when Hux activates the array

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    It's not another prequel man - So it should be good!!!

BretHart likes this.
  5. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If either the Jedi or the Sith look like hipsters, I am out of there.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Toxic Spider

Toxic Spider Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    I bookmarked this post for when you post your reaction to The Force Awakens.

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    IF WE DON'T GET A TRAI;LER IM NOT EVEN GOING TOSEE THE MOVIE!!!!!!1

Artoo-Dion and TheBBP like this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Disregard

Howard Hand likes this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Luke's sporting the beard. Kylo's got the John Snow hair. Rey's wearing the arts and crafts clothing. Han's got a nose ring. The Stormtroopers all ride fixies. And the Cantina does decaf cappuccinos.

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  10. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    If the trailer isn't here by October 16th, I will buy a ticket just so I can walk out as soon as the film starts.

That'll learn 'em.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    -Any menton of midi-chlorians

-Any mention of Jar Jar or the 'Senate'

-Rehashing "ANH" - where Rey is the "luke" of the story and is just some random desert savenger, but then gets into the world of this galactic world of Empire vs. Rebels (which now called First Order vs. Resistance) and she becomes a Jedi Knight meeting Luke (the new Ben Kenobi) who leads her to her journey - only discover that Kylo Ren is really her BROTHER after he tries to tempt her to the dark side. Kylo Ren obeys his Master Snoke, both are part of the dark side of the force. The scary thing is the more we see TFA - the more it seems like this is true.

-RETCON - HATE HATE HATE when sequels do this.... Spider-Man 3 was the biggest offender.. "No, it wasnt that guy that killed your Uncle - it was the Sandman !!!" - totally rewriting and ruining the previous movies just to make the stupid plot work. That would really hurt me as a SW fan. "Kylo was secretly trained by Vader all those years" - NO! No, he was not... We never saw this in OT - so stop adding anything to the OT to make your story work.

-Rehashing Darth Vader. He's dead. He turned to the light side. Its over. Kylo Ren is a neat looking villain and if the rumors are true he is just an obsessed fan boy with Vader who wants to become him - then that is awesome enough esp since alot of us fan boys will relate. Kylo can be the new trilogy villain. It doesn't have to be Vader again. Enough with Vader. He's iconic character, we get it - but the SW universe doesn't evolve around him. Vader was actually just a powerful Jedi who was seduced by the dark side and had two children that brought him back to the light. Its a neat story - but the idea of what Lucas did by making him Chosen One, most powerful Jedi of all time - this was non-sense. It didn't have to be that way. Cloning him and bringing Hayden Christensen back would be a Star Wars sin.... I mean, really guys....These rumors are scaring me to death... Rehashing A New Hope with Rey as Luke....Bringing Hayden back. YIKES!!!! How about continuing the story and making new characters to follow.

-I dont want the names of any prequel characters in the sequel trilogy...Please for the love of god - I dont want to hear Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Pad-uh-May, Darth Maul, Jar Jar, Boss Nass, Nute Gunray - these boring characters absolutely had no character and did nothing but try to move a weak plot along to get Vader in the suit. It was boring, uninteresting and just left such a poor taste in all of SW fanboys' hearts.

-I'm really opposed to Luke having a small role or cameo in TFA - but then again, i've lightened up a bit on that criticism. 1) We dont know for sure - just word of mouth...and 2) he is filming Ep.8 right now in Ireland - so that means even if he has a small role - at least he will play a larger role in the next movie. And Sony leaked emails already had Hollywood connections to know that Luke and Leia will be the main stars in Ep.8 and Ep.9. I'm surprised that news hasn't popped up more - esp since those leaked emails months and months ago all came true - even down to Men in Black being rebooted. Hollywood is interesting in a sense that even opposing studios still know the inside scoop of other studio projects. I guess those big wig studio guys all have the same connections. But I still want to see as much Luke as possible. The best part of the sequel trilogy is we get to see where the characters are and how they've grown in this stage of their lives. I'm interested in Kylo Ren, the new villain - and how they will make a new villain considering all the Sith are dead - but we'll see. Luke started out as a nobody in ANH. Now in Ep.7 - he seriously has to be the most powerful Jedi in the universe and has had quite a bit of time to study the force, so the son of Vader is alive and that is freaking cool and I want to see it.

-Nitpicking - I got to see Luke have his green lightsaber back. I want this to be a sequel to Return of the Jedi. A continuing story... If they change it to pink, yellow, black, orange - just to be 'different' and 'original' like what I suspect they are doing with Kylo's dumb cross guard lightsaber, I'll be mad. It wont ruin the movie obviously, since there are more important elements, but this is just nitpicking.

-Any inside jokes. Like Finn saying "I shot him!" - and Han responds "No, I SHOT FIRST". And smile at the camera...

Sarge likes this.
  12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    The Borg appear.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would be so hasty if I were you.

I sometimes just want to have it be worse then the prequels for you just to see what would happen.:p

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Um... I would still have 3 awesome Star Wars films to watch?? [face_thinking]

I lost nothing when the prequels came out - I will lose nothing if the new films aren't any good either...

jjgriffin likes this.
  15. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    If a teen Dark Side user has an edgy, rebellic tatoo on his/her arm...

Red_Leader_313 and Avnar like this.
  16. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Nothing? Literally nothing, that is the ONLY thing that would make me walk out of the cinema while watching the new Star Wars movie.

DarthRosie likes this.
  17. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    OK, getting serious here:

1. Luke only appearing for a few minutes or seconds at the end.

2. Luke not using a lightsaber.

3. Luke, Leia and Han not sharing one single shot on screen together.

4. Rey, Finn and Poe all being Han Solo-type characters (Cool, edgy, rogue and funny)

5. Not a single nod to the PT, as if it never happend.

6. None of the hero lead characters being a legacy character.

Jensaarai-defender likes this.
  18. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    1. Luke is almost definitely only getting a brief, but important cameo in TFA.

2. Very likely, since we apparently only see him in the flashback sequence and at the end, when he's handed back his Bespin saber.

3. Almost definitely not happening. Only chance it happens is if its in the flashback or through and old photo/hologram.

4. Rey seems like a blend of Luke's "everyman launched into an epic journey" with Anakin's angst and emotional conflict.

5. There could always just not be a nod to the PT because the film happens almost half a century after the PT concluded, meaning that most characters from that time are probably long dead and that the economy and political landscape of the ST is dramatically different from how it was in the PT. However, there's always the possibility we might see some of the PT alien species in the background.

6. Rey is very likely Luke's daughter and Poe seems to be Leia's surrogate/adopted son.

Just my personal responses. :)

~

I don't think I'd walk out of TFA, regardless of how mad it made me. The only way I could see that happening would be if everything about the film was just downright abysmal and idiotic. I may have my visions of how the film should go, but I totally recognize that TFA is ultimately going to be whatever the hell it is and judge it by its own merits as a film and an entry in the Star Wars saga.

19. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If everyone stops in the middle of an important battle and it turns into a Broadway Musical, I am out of there.

butlerd likes this.
  20. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Spoilers...you're going to hate this movie. I'm not even saying the things you're saying are true, but the more conditions one has for this movie, the less chance they're going to like it.

VeryMacabre, Teaser Day and jjgriffin like this.
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Still nothing.

22. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    I would never walk out of a movie unless the theater was flooded, caved in or something like that.

That said, my expectations for TFA aren't that high to begin with. From what I've seen so far, the production design is quite OT-ish, and the OT is just not 'my' Star Wars anymore. It was when I saw it for the first time back in '77 as a kid, but since then the franchise has branched out and offered so much that I actually found instances of Star Wars that are even more to my liking.

Anyway, I'm not going to NOT see it, and nobody will be able to drag me out of the theater before the ending credits have rolled past. Not even if characters suddenly started to sing and dance, killed each others with chainsaws or got naked for no reason at all - no matter what, it's Star Wars, so it's a must see.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    If Rey is Boba Fett's secret daughter.

24. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  25. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Nothing could make me walk out of the movie theater, but I'm a little worried about all this talk about Luke barely being in it. Skywalker was my hero when I was a kid. I hope he's in the movie more than just a little bit.

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.