main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sitting next to someone who complained about seeing gay characters on screen. [face_plain]

And I actually wouldn't walk out, I'd find an usher that could direct me to the theater located in the 21st century.

"I'm sorry, sir or madam, I didn't realize that I accidentally sat down in the 1950s section."

JediWheelz, Vthuil, Reveen and 3 others like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    So what will you do if Luke is a widower, but they never name his wife? :)

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd walk out if the movie centered around Luke's son turning to the dark side because he found out his parents had him circumcised, and then he keeps bringing it up during all of the council meetings.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If JJ kills off my new "Sequel Trilogy OTP". I need a new Star Wars OTP *one true pairing* and if JJ kills it off prematurly or right after I begin to love them and be protective of their love, then I might cry and leave. Nobody messes with my OTPs.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As long as nobody is talking about how strong and brave and strong and brave and strong and brave she is, and how great she was with Leia's kids, and how long-suffering she is, and how Anakin Solo thought she was so beautiful and his father should have been more like her...I'm good.

Yanksfan and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    If they bring back Darth Vader or The Emperor as a Clone or something. There should be a new Villian or new Villains.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Two words: Ewok Jedi. Now if the did something were an angry ewok gets a hold of someone lightsaber like Tarfang did in The Dark Nest trilogy(I.e. play it for laughs) then I would be all for it.

8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    if the guy next to me had a farting problem

if Leia sports a pink lightsaber, Disney would be taking a huge step backwards there

the camera pans down to reveal Earth

no lightsaber duels

the fire alarm goes off

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's actually a pretty good list. :p

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only thing that I want that I have psyched myself up in advance for... and I mention this weekly, so that it shows up when Arndt does Google searches for ideas... I want my Jawa Jedi!

11. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    "You know what would be great? If my father was actually scary instead of just neglectful"

I'm at the part in the EU where Mara's not exactly a family-friendly person (Or even slightly nice), so that potential future scenario is funny for me to imagine.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Mara didn't bother me nearly as much in Zahn's work as she does in the first three books of the NJO (which is what I've read so far, I'm on the fourth book).

Anakin Solo actually condemning his father for giving into despair over Chewbacca's death as opposed to being "strong and brave" the way Mara was in handling in Vong-induced disease was just...special. NOT.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would walk out if all of the character's voices were dubbed over with Dane Cook's voice.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Walk out"...? I would be dragged out in cuffs for tearing down the screen like Gremlins.

15. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    That's ridiculous. Which books so I can be on alert?

Even her name means "bitter and jaded", so I just can't see her as an optimistic hero. Even Zahn stated that the emotional baggage from her past (emperor's hand/dark jedi) should play a large role on her personality. I like her as the menacing emotionless character that you can believe was a former Dark Jedi/dark-side user. In that way, she's a decent foil for Luke. Her character shouldn't do a complete 180 from that and be painted as a paragon of virtue.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Besides all that... she's a ginger... optimism is not an option.

17. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    If the whole thing was an animated movie with a song about jar jars bowel movements through kindergarten i would leave without hesitation.

Sent via my astromech droid

18. Evil--Yoda

Evil--Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 11, 2012
    If there isn't at least one beige colore lightsaber I will be so pissed that I'll leave and demand my money back.

19. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Evil Yoda may be onto something - I think Star Wars might be approaching it's "beige period". Let me call my focus group and run some internet poll numbers through this app on my phone and....

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely the first three NJO books, Vector Prime and the Dark Tide duology. I haven't seen as much in Hero's Trial and I'm a few chapters into it. Hopefully Luceno, being as great a writer as he is, doesn't go that route--but I like Salvatore and that element was still in Vector Prime, the only part of that book I didn't like.

That's as far as I am into the NJO.

VanishingReality likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would walk out if the whole movie is just some guy reading an EU novel.

JediWheelz likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...while wearing a Thrawn mask.

VanishingReality likes this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I've heard that Zahn doesn't like the way others write her also.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If the 'Baddie' isn't the King of the Potato People.

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    All these people saying they'd walk out if someone vomited, peed, spit, etc. on them. Since all of those things (and more) happen to me at work sometimes, I doubt any of those things would make me walk out. :p

Nope, still can't think of anything that would make me walk out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.