main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Awesome!!! SithMullet, You are my kind of scum.

2. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Actually I might if Kyp Durron is in the film. Especially if he's one of the "new big 3".

Seriously, I hate this guy. Just because he's the "most powerful force user ever" he gets treated like some College Town star football player who first gets rape charges swept under the rug then only misses a game or two after DUI hit-and-run manslaughter charges, with no further penalties.

First he becomes the avatar of a long dead Sith lord, steals the most Mary Sue superweapon ever, disembodies his own master and goes and blows up solar system. He also wipes out all the memories of a scientist who designed in a brutal mind-rape. Nothing happens after the Dark Side orgy of torture and distruction. Even worse is that afterwards he goes on a person crusade against Daala and the Empire which gets his only friend killed and brings what's left of the Empire down on the rest of the Jedi Apprentices on Yavin. When they pick up with him again he's leading a much of butt kissing cronies in a Jedi vigilante starfighter squadron and when they get wiped out he goes back to the Jedi counsel and starts bullying the other members.

Yet he gets free pass after free pass. Why?

No, if he's in it I'm outta there. You people can bitch and complain about Mara Jade all you want, but she's far from the worst Post-ROTJ EU character.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, in my one encounter with Kyp Durron, I thought he was an ass. Reading about the events you listed should be, um, interesting.

kainee and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Charles Dance would be perfect for an Imp Admiral.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking along those lines as well. He just has great presence about him.

6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
  7. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    If Han Solo takes a break to take his medication.

8. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Anyone who tries to take the "most powerful force user ever" tag from the Skywalker family is dead to me! :p

9. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    A "passing of the torch" concept and I'm already out of the theatre, down the street and posting my displeasure on this here website... :)

Also if George Lucas doesn't take the advice of Luke Skywalker-errr...Mark Hammil-in going back to the "lightheartedness" of the original trilogy, then combine that with my above comment and I see myself weeping...for days... :_|

Truly though, it would take a whole lot for me to not like a Star Wars movie, let alone walk out on it...as J.J. Abrams would probably have to destroy everything/everyone from the OT, and hopefully with George Lucas as a creative consultant...that won't happen as quickly as it would have otherwise... ;)

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Nothing will make me walk out of the theater but if the movie follows the same "lightheartedness" of the OT that Bryan Fab described, I'd be disappointed. The ST should have its own mood and atmosphere to it.

Also, a couple people have suggested that Charles Dance should appear in the ST. I'd also put down Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as someone who should appear in the trilogy; that guy has earned it.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I mentioned this in the 'casting rumors' thread, but it's something worth repeating. I will roll my eyes if 'Mara' is in it, but I will absolutely have a snit if they cast a 20 something year old for the part, indeed if Luke's 'wife/lover' (if he has one) isn't close to his own age 50's-60's.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm fine with her being a little younger but I draw the line at young enough to be his daughter.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't see the problem. Luke can marry someone a couple decades(maybe two or three) younger than himself, as long as the woman in question is of legal age.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just because he can doesn't mean that he should.

What I find interesting is that some people (speaking in general, this may not apply to you specifically) will not see the big deal about a 60-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman but will make comments any time a woman is older than her partner. Case in point: all the comments about how Anakin was too young for Padme, although they were only 5 years apart.

And I guarantee that a woman marrying a man young enough to be her son, whether on screen or in real life, would warrant enough bashing to implode the Internet.

Should a 60-year-old Leia dump Han for a 25-year-old hottie? Hmmm?

Plus part of the point that Breezy was making was regarding the Mara-Sue-ing of the character, including making her a perpetual goddess who must be played by a 25-year-old even though her character's age is 60, because yanno, she's Mara and she could not possibly age like a normal person.

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I'm not sorry to say I would HATE that idea - it further's the idea that women only should represent youth and beauty , and perpetuates the 'cat suited eternal hottie' which I loath about Mara. On the flip side, I'll bet you wouldn't feel that way if it turns out Luke had hooked up with a woman in her 40's Post Jedi.

People would scream bloody murder if Han died and Liea became a 'cougar', and I would laugh myself into fits (after getting over the death of Han.)

Edit GMTA Tracy.... [face_love]

16. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If Luke screams . . .

17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Awful stop motion. No need when we have CG now.

18. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    It's because we still live in a world that's very much male-dominated. There are still barriers to be broken, I'm afraid. Also, a 60-year-old woman can marry a 25-year-old man. That's between them after all.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tacit acceptance of double standards and sexism does nothing to break barriers.

Good to see that you do not personally subscribe to that double standard.

I'm almost to the point where, if it did not involve losing Han, I would like to see a Cougar!Leia--if only because all the closet sexists would reveal themselves and the implosion of double-standard protests would be hilarious.

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    That would be magnificent. Sexism itself is hypocritical and the ones that propagate it are idiotic. Still, they provide much lulz, especially when they get angry. :p

21. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Unless the medication is Bourbon. I'm hoping for a drunk bum Han Solo for the first two thirds of the film.

22. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    As for the question in the title of this thread...

NOTHING! :D :)

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  23. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    LOL I'd totally dig a dead Han & cougar Leia. That would be ****ing awesome.

Mara jade, on the other hand, should be played by either Sigourney Weaver or Julianne Moore. They are both older women (63 & 52 respectively), and they are both freaking beautiful!

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If Sigourney Weaver played Mara Jade, that would actually be cool.

stellarmagic01 likes this.
  25. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    If they use Collin Higgins instead of Denis Lawson as Wedge Antilles...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.