main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. I thought the "no sound in space" scenes in 2009's Star Trek were cool...but I don't want that in Star Wars. Like you said, I can't imagine Star Wars without it.

2. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I think I would sit through anything out of curiosity. I guess if I really had to pick something it would be if episode VII turned out to be a musical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Little known fact: Artoo is a one-off astromech whose hull is a made out of unobtainium... (apparently!)

What if Episode VII ends on this scene, a la Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

Dewback and TX-20 like this.
  4. Warhorse78

Warhorse78 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2014
    I don't know if I'd walk out, but I would be very upset if they turned one of the characters that have been good the whole time into two face, two timing back stabbers, or villains with master plans from the get go.

Dewback and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Han Solo with a limp... ;)

mcgo, solo77 and Sarge like this.
  6. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    If Luke gets his head chopped off, within 3 mins of the film, by a Sith, and the Sith takes Luke's head and impales it on a spike.

Highly unlikely to happen, but if I did, I'd cry

7. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Well Luke is rather old by the time of the ST. It adds a whole new meaning to the phrase "You have paid the price for your lack of vision."

8. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014

"When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?"

Lord Chazza likes this.
  9. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I won't walk out of the theater over this, but, there is one thing that is going to feel very weird right away, missing this at the beginning:

I would imagine that 20th Century Fox won't be doing the distribution, as I believe Disney does their own.

The extended fanfare was used sparingly for the longest time, so every time I heard the extended version I thought it was Star Wars.

mcgo, -Jedi Joe-, Ryus and 11 others like this.
  10. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Between JJ, Lucasfilm and Disney, I'm confident we'll get something exciting and memorable for the Disney Era of Star Wars movies.

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't know, it could be a great twist. It'd be the kind of thing that made you mad but then you're amazed that you didn't see it coming the whole time.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    If it ended with a Pop song during the credits.

mcgo, Revanfan1 and Sarge like this.
  13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Would kind of defeat the purpose of walking out, though.

:p

14. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    If my mate plays the old 'hole in the bottom of the popcorn' trick again....

:p

JediGirl_Angelina and Darth PJ like this.
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The Empire or Empire remnant.

Actually, we'd know that before the movie came out. I'd see it anyway (if I even can) but I'd likely fall fast asleep if they try bringing the Empire back. I would have no interest whatsoever in the plot.

But truth be told, since I have a little one, I may not bother to see it and just wait for it on Blue Ray if it's a rehash of the rebels vs empire. No point in wasting money.

D'an likes this.
  16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Turn in your SW membership!:p

17. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Right there with ya. My need for a good story supersedes my need to see TIE fighters & Storm Troopers. Despite the numerous posts of those in favor, I have yet to read a good scenario. They all sound unappealing. I'm to the point where I'm actually angry whenever someone mentions Von Sydow as on old Imperial. It drives me nuts.

18. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    i would never walk out, but i'd sure wouldn't get repeat viewings if they placed hans solos face on a stunt body for the entire movie because of his leg

Yanksfan and mcgo like this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I admit I was a bit shocked when The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey ended with a popped-out version of "Misty Mountain Cold" and Desolation of Smaug ended with a pop song called "I See Fire." That is definitely not the norm for Middle Earth films. Well, apparently it is for Hobbit films, now, but still, it threw me off at first (note: I actually like both songs, though the normal Dwarf rendition of "Misty Mountain Cold" is way, way better–Irish singers FTW). :p

Sarge likes this.
  20. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    1. Poop/fart jokes like in the prequels
    2. Breaking the fourth wall
    3. Extended musical interlude

Both of 2 and 3 happened in the same scene of the special edition of Jedi and made me want to throw knives at the movie screen.

All would make me want to walk out, although I probably wouldn't:

21. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Hardly likely. If Disney tries to pull off an intro fanfare that is either quite or very similar to the 20th Century Fox Fanfare, they might be facing legal trouble.

I have to admit that it would be kind of cheesy aswell. I'm all in for something original instead.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Depends if you are a Credits watcher, I am a credits Watcher. If there was a pop song at the begining of the credits I might walk out before Watching the Credits......

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    All of the lord of the Rings ended with a song, IN the Fellowship, Enya. The Two Towers, Emilina Torrini. and in Return Of The King, Annie Lennox. I enjoyed All three in the LOTR trilogy and so far I have enjoyed both Hobbit movie songs. Although I love the Chieftains and I think both Hobbit songs sounded like the Chieftains.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Wait, they did? Wait, did they start straight off or was there just a musical theme, first? If there was a musical theme first, that'd explain it–I never listen into the credits very far. But with the Hobbit films, the songs started straightaway as soon as the credits fell, so that's why I noticed it.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ah...but what if it was by Meco Monoardo???

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.