main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Considering the cost of taking the girlfriend and three kids to a movie these days, there is no way I am walking out before the credits are over.

Besides, how can you come here and complain the next day if you don't watch the whole thing?

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Worked in a movie threater, for Attack of the Clones quite a few walked out... and some of those demanded a refund. Hate to say it but as much as id like to agree with you I sadly have experiences that say if it's not to their liking some fans will walk out.

No one walked out of Revenge of the Sith though when I worked there though. At least on my shift and at my theater...

3. Force Ghost

Force Ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2014
    Damn. I guess I should read more before posting. We basically said the same thing. Sorry about that. I'm lazy sometimes and don't feel like reading every post. Lol

Glad someone sees it this way tho. I think Luke needs to stay away from the dark side.

nightangel likes this.
  4. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If the opening crawl doesn't say "Episode VII"... I will think that I am in the wrong theater. :p

lookameatbag and nightangel like this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If the opening crawl doesn't say "Episode VII"... I will think that I am in the wrong theater. :p

Again, it was verified by Lucasfilm that the episode # will indeed be in the opening crawl.

6. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    It would have to be 160 minutes of Jar Jar Binks playing volleyball with zombie Ewoks with "Let it go" in the background.

7. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Probably nothing. Movie tickets ain't cheap.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  8. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    If they build up the suspense as the characters are searching for Luke Skywalker, along the way fighting a clone army of Hayden Christiansen's Anakin Skywalker. They are led to a remote island on a remote planet but instead of finding Luke they find Jar Jar Binks. When they show him on screen for the first time he's Meeeeeesa Back!!!! Then the entire cast joins together in singing "We are the world, we are the people..."

9. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    A Jedi Rocks reprisal.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I didn't walk out on "Star Trek Into Darkness," so I'm not entirely sure what it would take. If the going gets too rough I just take a nap. I slept through a lot of "Inception" and "Godzilla," and I have no regrets about that.

11. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    What movies do you like?

I thought the internet universally liked Inception.

Then again, you have the Boy in the Plastic Bubble as your avatar. So I don't know.

12. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    My rule for movies is that if it's not a good movie when you watch it on the back of an airplane seat, then it's not really a good movie at all.

spacename_the_name likes this.
  13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Hayden Christensen or Ewan Mcgregor appearing or Midiwhadyamawotsits being mentioned :(

Sarge likes this.
  14. spacename_the_name

Feb 5, 2005
    Let's be honest, if you post on these boards and walk out of TFA, it'd be the most melodramatic thing you've done all year.

15. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I could see it if you've already written, directed and post-produced episode VII on the movie that's always playing on the back of your eyelids, and when you see someone else's version it comes as such a massive shock that only returning to the version playing on the back of your eyelids will help.

16. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I jest ;) literally nothing I can think of would impel me to think 'right that's it' and get out of my seat and stomp out of the cinema with the Donald Trump during TFA. After all, I sat there and endured all 3 of the prequels, so my will is pretty strong :)

spacename_the_name likes this.
  17. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    Very little. It would honestly take for them to put Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer as the directors and writers and turn it into a Big Red Text spoof film before I would begin to wonder if I should walk out.

18. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm quite sure many of us have made postings way more melodramatic than walking disappointed out of a movie theater would be!

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, but we have the highest hope for infinitely higher quality posting from all of you in the calendar year leading up to the film's release.

20. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Walking disappointed out of a movie theatre mid-film, though?

21. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Hrrmph! Bro do you even http://boards.theforce.net/threads/mark-hamill-in-ep-vii.50016395/?

22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    As awful as that sounds, change the song to "Playing with the Boys" and I'm in.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  23. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I can't imagine walking out, even at it's worst Star Wars always has redeeming qualities worth sticking around for wether it's the visuals, the characters or the music.

Only two films i've ever considered walking out of, one was The Spirit and the other the second Twilight. The Spirit I stuck with because I really wanted it to be good but just left utterly deflated I tried to find things I liked (it was really hard, it even looked cheap) , with Twilight we just made the best of a bad situation and so we drink the bottle of JD i had in my bag and persevered...by the time it got to that whole bit with Edward going to the vampire court or whatever it was he was doing we were pretty drunk and heckling the movie so bad it became pretty enjoyable. The few other people there joined in too.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    The words MICHAEL BAY anywhere near the movie.

lookameatbag, Jcuk and Sith-Mullet like this.
  25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    What if a Michael Bay film's on the next screen over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.