main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If Matt Damon suddenly shows up in the 3rd act, I'm gone.

2. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Luke Skywalker as the villain. Oh and keep Ahsoka away at all costs.

Anakin_Prime likes this.
  3. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I sat through The Beverly Hillbillies and The Matrix Reloaded. Something needs to be seriously wrong with TFA for me to walk out of it.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The Matrix Reloaded is an extravagant gift to all people who need to build up their immunity to high expectations, much like the entire rebooted Spider-Man franchise.

5. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    The only thing that would make me mad enough to walk out would be if one of the reels was missing.

6. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree about Ahsoka, but still wouldn't walk out.

Sarge and lookameatbag like this.
  7. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I also want to see the Jedi Order back on it's feet rather than waiting two more movies to see them fully restored

Darth_Oracle likes this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I was lukewarm on the original Matrix, so the only expectation I had of the sequel was that it would entertain me for a couple of hours. It couldn't even muster that.

hippie1kenobi and Jabbadabbado like this.
  9. Acroyear

Mar 24, 2001
    It was like that with me and Interstellar. I was unaware that he was in the movie. Then he shows up. I didn't walk out, however, but thankfully he had a mercifully small role. But had I known in advance that Matt Damon was in the movie, I probably wouldn't have gone to see Interstellar.

10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    yeah that movie is like the antidote to fun.

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If Jack Black shows up, I'm done.

12. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I would pay to see jack black negotiating a droid purchase from Jawa salvagers.

13. The Wampa Lover

The Wampa Lover Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 6, 2014
    To tell the truth, I wouldn't walk out for anything, but any attempt to have Thrawn in any shape or form might get me mad (because I can't find an actor who could play him).

14. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Nothing could make me walk out, but have admit, some of the speculation I have seen so far has me a bit concerned. Staying optimistic though!

Darth_Oracle likes this.
  15. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    If before the movie starts and the trailer for "Dude, where's my car : part 2" is shown, I am walking out... And walking back in after the trailer is shown. :p

16. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    It would have to be something totally horrendous that I can't really imagine at the moment. I like all of the Star Wars movies and can put up with their flaws and foibles. I guess that the most important thing for me in terms of the ST is that it "feels" like Star Wars and maintains all of the important elements of all of the movies, including the opening crawl, a similar narrative structure (i.e. no flashbacks, flash-forwards like what Abrams likes to do with a lot of his movies), and a hopeful ending with the triumphant fanfare. I can't say that I would walk out the movie but I just hope that they don't recycle old characters from the PT/OT. Anakin/Vader needs to stay dead and so does Palpatine and I don't want to see any PT-era Jedi whom seemed to have died coming back either (i.e. Mace Windu). Thankfully, based on some of the rumors so far, none of these things seem to be a possibility and most of the things I've read about seem pretty promising, but I still don't understand (if the rumors are true) how the Empire managed to survive for another 30 years following the end of ROTJ, especially without Palpatine and Vader.

17. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008

I definitely agree about not wanting to see Luke as a villain. I wouldn't mind seeing an older Ashoka Tano though. She started as what seemed to be a "gimmick" to help bring in younger viewers (or so it seemed) but matured a lot into an interesting character throughout TCW. I think that her appearing in Episodes 7-9 would depend greatly on whether Filoni might use her in Rebels and what the LSG decides in terms of her fate (if they decide to use her). But I would have no problem seeing her again. I actually would like to see some of the animated characters from TCW show up in a live-action setting like Asajj Ventres and Cad Bane.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    The person next to me wetting their pants.

19. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think I might walk out if it were to begin with a perilous situation at the end of the movie, followed by a subtitle saying "48 hours earlier". How many times has Abrams used that one? Not that I would ever expect him to here.

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Mystery Roach

That was a spy show cliche he liked to honor on Alias. As far as I know, it didn't happen with any frequency (if it happened at all) on Lost or Fringe, and Star Trek, STID, and Cloverfield didn't have it.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  21. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    He did do it on M:I 3 though if I remember correctly, and every other episode of Alias used it. Again, I agree that it's more of a spy type thing, and I was being facetious in my post because I realize there's no chance he would do that in Star Wars. It was just that the post before mine made me think of that, and I sure would hate it if it did happen.

22. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    "What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?"

The projector booth guy puts on the wrong movie.

23. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    I can't think of anything (that is remotely possible of happening) that would make me walk out.

24. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    a full frontal Harrison Ford/Carrie Fisher sex scene?

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Attention Repliers: Choose replies wisely.

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.