main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORCEFED

FORCEFED Jedi Master star 5

Nov 27, 2002
    If they brought back the slave costume

Alpha-Red and yogacat like this.
  2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    That the movie looks nothing like the teaser trailer.
    :eek:

3. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Everyone's a critic these days

4. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Man, a lot of you people are going to VERY disappointed when this film comes out...especially the PT haters...that's not surprising...good riddance I say...PLEASE wash your hands of SW forever PLEASE!

TheBBP, my kind of scum and Odolwa like this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm all for to have been passed from mother to daughter/niece =P~

6. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    wow i cant believe we have 94 pages of liars claiming they would walk out of episode 7.:p

7. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Haha, so true! If Darth Maul being alive didn't send us fleeing for our lives, nothing will.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    if the Senate exists but we don't see it

9. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Well, when I saw Darth Maul returning, I walked out of my bedroom [face_not_talking]

I had to return, eventually.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Most of them are people saying they wouldn't walk out...

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Unless...the PT haters already have their expectations lowered to such an extent... [face_whistling]

12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Boyega being a force sensitive lol

13. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    I wouldn't walk out, but if I see Princess Leia in a lightsaber duel I might pretend it didn't happen.

14. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    No way..JJ is their Messiah...they're expecting a lot...

15. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Why?

16. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Sheesh...so far every single person I meet in real life that i discuss episode 7 with criticize the lightsaber broad sword as ridiculous...see what I mean? People haven't even seen it in action and are already criticizing it...they sound just like the critics of the prequels..."oh my gosh blah blah blah blah..."

It's already begun and the film hasn't even dropped..people need to realize that NOTHING will be as good as the OT but that doesn't mean you cant love new SW

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think we just want to see a certain level of consistency within the universe. Tell new stories, yes certainly, but at the end of the day I want to feel like I'm watching Star Wars rather than a Robot Chicken short that's poking fun at Star Wars...

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Any reference to our own world. Then my Star Wars universe, far, far away, a long time ago dream is over.....

A Skrillex, dubstep version of Jedi Rock vil also be hard to accept.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  19. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

In their defense, it seems fair to for people to dislike the way a lightsaber looks based on the way a lightsaber looks. It would be unfair to judge, say, John Boyega's performance before seeing the movie, but the lightsaber is right there in the trailer. If it appears dramatically different in the movie people will adjust (they might all come to love it while you change your own mind). But if everyone around you hates it then you'll have to be the unpopular opinion.

Same idea applies. If you liked them what does it matter? If it's a social validation thing you're never going to win that battle, those movies are 10-15 years old and the jury is in. Some people just didn't like them as much as you do.

20. Spy Vs Dog

Jan 25, 2004
    In any case I can't see anybody walking out over a lightsaber they saw in the trailer. The thing could corkscrew and play ice cream truck music in the film and people would still watch it. It's not going to be the thing to make or break the film itself.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm not being serious, hence the lol. I've been having a debate in the Boyega thread as to wether his character Finn is a sensitive or not.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  22. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't care...just saying people will be disappointed and that some already are...

23. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

The PT era is over. Get used to it, because the public doesn't want to see that era when we can have good Star Wars again.

24. Spy Vs Dog

Jan 25, 2004
    Maybe I'm being old-fashioned and hedging a bit, but it still seems important to actually SEE a movie before digging in to defend it much less categorizing every possible critic as a "hater."

Especially with this one where the result could be anything. You're talking about a new studio, new crew, and largely new cast including some lesser-known actors in key roles. And as if it weren't already extremely tough to make a good movie this one will be measured (by many fans) against all-time classics that changed popular culture and movies. Admittedly that's an obscene standard, but then they're the ones who decided to take on a Star Wars movie.

25. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Only way I'm leaving the cinema during a new Star Wars is if I'm physically picked up and thrown out!

If I can sit through the pitiful excuse for a movie that was Woman in Black Angel of Death I'm ready for anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.