What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Indy IV?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediKnightOB1, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't think this Indy installment deals with aliens as much as it deals with the origin of man. I'm reading Chariots of the Gods after hearing that it was the basis for the premise of the next Indy movie. And trust me, it sounds kick ass. I have a feeling will see Indy excavating pyramids in Central America. Should be cool.
  2. BannableOffense Jedi Padawan

Indy will be 58 in 1957. I wouldn't want him having a young love interest in this, although he almost certainly will. It will be just like in Last Crusade when Indy's dad sleeps with that german chick; "But you're old enough to be her father!" Another bid no-no would be Indy going Brokeback or him taking a back seat to his younger sidekick.
  3. LordSilvertouch Force Ghost

star 4
    If they tried to give the film any depth. It should not and must not have any kind of deep, cerebral subtext or sophisticated emotional resonance. Seriously, that would bug me. It's meant to be fun. Last Crusade walked the line and made it, and proved you can have both, but i think Indy IV should be more fun.
  4. bluesaber70 Force Ghost

star 2
    The only thing that would make me walk out is 2 things:

1. Indy has a small role. Which would never happen.

2. John Williams doesn't score the film. This may seem petty to some but, Williams really makes the films he scores better. You can't say that about other conductors.
  5. DRHJ9 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would be mad if the rumors of Area 51 are true.

I know about the "Chariots of the Gods thing", they would have to incorporate that with the Christian elements of the first and third films. It seems like God has been pretty well represented in Indy Lore.

But, Temple of Doom had it's own mythology too....So it might work out:)
  6. Darth_Sidious- Jedi Master

star 2
    It would be terrible if Indy is in a rocking chair for most of the movie and Shia becomes Indy the III and does all the adventuring.
  7. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    If there are aliens or alien technology is shown.
  8. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    ...If Indy comes out in red and gold sequence and sings "Anything Goes".
  9. pinkpenguin Jedi Padawan

If they are tied down by political correctness
    i.e them not being able to do anything remotely stereotypical that has happened through the series like that really funny german guy in the black suit and hat in raiders not being in it
  10. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    A fire in the theatre. But only if it's directly under my seat.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  11. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would run out to my car and inhale exhaust fumes if Indy has a relationship with a mysterious hermaphrodite.[face_sick]
  12. Palpateen Jedi Master

star 4

If there's a crying baby, a ringing cellphone or a highly opinionated critic vocally commenting on the film as it plays, I will walk out. :D
  13. cbagmjg Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd walk out on movies like Elf or Dodgeball(only because I did). But I would never in a million years walk out on a movie like Indy 4. By the time it comes out we'll pretty much know what's suppose to happen. So if you don't think it's looking good by then, don't waste your money.
  14. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
  15. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    If Calista Flockhart makes a cameo...
    [image=http://iron-kettle.com/blog/images/skeletons.jpg]
  16. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Maybe she's the Queen of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. [face_skull]

17. DarthWickett Jedi Master

star 4
    I would walk out of the theater if I saw credits.
  18. scf881 Force Ghost

19. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If it was done tastefully, I wouldn't actually mind (not that it will EVER happen; Hollywood's not as liberal as they would have you think). I think it would do amazing things for gay rights if a character of Indy's stature was depicted as homosexual or at least bi. I don't mean making a movie about Indy going gay, but say an action movie with a star like the Rock and hey, it turns out his love interest is another guy and not a woman, and look, it actually ISN'T that big a deal after all, red states!
  20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_sick]

Not only would I walk out of the theater if that happened, I'd lose respect for Speilberg, Ford, and Lucas!
  21. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I know people get tired of being called bigoted or homophobic, but sometimes it's so darn APT!
  22. R2D1000 Jedi Master

star 4

Any mention of Midiclorians

23. Digi_Raver Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry, but I would have to agree with BannableOffense That would ruin the movie entirely =/

24. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    Read my lips. NOTHING. I've waited way to long for this film.
  25. Rogue_Squad_Leader- Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.