main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would happen if Vader was never Redeemed.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by black_saber, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    1) Back entrance? And why didn't they kill the Ewoks before the battle anyway?
    2) The cackling speech definitely didn't help. IMO it was both Palpy's megalomeniac talk and the chopped off hand.

2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Most likely all of them would have died

3. henderson

henderson Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    This gonna sound like Im getting to philisophical but, I think the Rebels would've lost Luke would've died etc. My reasoning is that during Ep1-3 as the dark side grew stronger, the galaxy grew darker and darker until Ep 3 when it finally just went to hell in hand basket. In ROTJ the when Palpatn is dead and Anakin has turned from the dark side, everything starts to got to hell for the Empire, starting with the Executor. With Palps and Vader still alive and Luke dead, who knows, a TIE fighter could've gotten lucky,Lando could've crashed into something(yeah I know not likely, but still) Thats just my 2 cents.

4. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Vader, Luke, and Palpatine would die when the Death Star exploded.

5. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    heir to the empire explains that if the emporer was to live on the rebels whould be screwed

6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Palpatine would finish killing Luke and then he and Vader would probably have had an escape craft of some description ready.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/af/Shuttle-CHRON.jpg/250px-Shuttle-CHRON.jpg]

8. Darth_Naveu

Darth_Naveu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2009
    Well, yeah Luke would've died. But remember, the Rebels were working on blowing up the Death Star. The Emperor and Darth Vader would've died anyway. But the only difference is that there wouldn't be Luke at that Ewok party at the end, and no Anakin smiling at Luke.

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Has anyone considered the possibility that even if he wasn't redeemed, Vader might seize the moment and turn on Palpatine anyway?

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah he did many times tryed to overthrow the Emperor. Just Imageine Luke turing to the Darkside.

11. Darth_Unicorn

Darth_Unicorn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2009
    I think he would have killed Palpatine after Luke died, not because he was sad that Luke died, because if he was sad, that would be a little light-side action going on, and would therefor no longer be relevant. I think he would kill Palpatine, or at least attempt, because Palpatine was so willing to have him killed, and he also wanted Palpatine dead anyway to rule with Luke. If he were successful, I imagine he would dip out and go find another apprentice. Hopefully he would take a little trip to Yavin 4 and hook up with Exar Kun and really wreak some havoc.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I still think the Death Star would have been destroyed and Vader still would have died because Luke gave him a mortal wound.

13. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    If the prophecy had to be fulfilled, Luke would die then Vader would be redeemed by the death because reclaiming his Jedi status was the only way he was able to kill the Emperor. If he had decided to remain a Sith, he could not have killed Sidious and they would just continue on until Vader came around or the prophecy would go unfulfilled. I agree they would escape - what kind of knuckleheads do people think they were? They'd been in way tighter spots before. But if Vader reclaimed his Jedi status after Luke's death - the end would play out the same, you would just have all three dead at the end instead of two. And Anakin wouldn't bother removing his mask. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.