main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Would Have Happened If Qui-Gon...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sword_of_raditz, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    ...killed Darth Maul and lived instead?

2. Lixsta

Lixsta Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
  3. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    He would of trained Anakin, Obiwan would have a different apprentice, and Quigon would probably be a Jedi that survived Order 66. I don't know where he would go then, maybe during the period between III and IV he trains Obiwan(physical form not ghost) to become one with the Force. Then he probably goes to Dagobah and teaches Yoda the technique. Anakin would still be turned to Darth Vader. Quigon would be dueling Anakin on Mustafar instead of Obiwan. Quigon would probably be the one to teach Luke the ways of the Jedi, with Obiwan. Quigon and Obiwan would be the one to duel Vader on the Death Star. That is all I can think of.

4. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    No turn to the Dark Side, no Darth Vader.

MJ

5. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Like Dooku says in AOTC, maybe Qui-Gon would have joined him. I doubt it, though.

6. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    The events of OT would still happen.

7. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    No they wouldn't cuz Anakin wouldn't of turned to the dark side. For one Qui Gon would of freed anakins mom. He tried once "no prize 'or something' is worth 2 slaves" So he would of tried i'm sure again.

8. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I never quite understood why Anakin didn't just go to the first national bank of courescant or something, and just traid in a hanful of Republic whatevers-credits for something he could spend on the outer rim, and just go back and buy his mother..

I mean Qui-gon had tons of money with him, just not money they take out there

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    What if's shouldn't be a part of it. Everything happens for a reason.

10. Gungan_Sith

Gungan_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    Well, depending on why Dooku left the Jedi Order, maybe the Clone Wars wouldn't have taken place. And so no Episodes 2-6.

11. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    If Qui-Gon would have survived, Dooku would have killed him. Dooku was Qui-Gon's Master, and than Anakin would have turned to the dark side anyway.

12. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    oooor Qui Gon would of join dooku in his efforts (not become a Sith, but fight for Dookus cause)

maybe........or maybe not.

13. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    qui-gon would have gone with mace windu to arrest palpatine, but gotten killed. just my opinion though.

14. Darkside_Vader

Darkside_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    I agree that he might have joind Dooku for his cause. But not turn to the Sith.

15. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    If he did join Dooku then in episode 2 we would have had Anakin vs. Dooku and Obi-Wan vs. Qui-gon.

Which would have been cool.

16. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I really don't think he would of joined Dooku, Quigon was wise enough to know the truth. If Quigon never died then he would replace Obiwan in Episode II.

17. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    That'd be sweet to see Obi-Wan take on Qui-Gon! But I think if he had killed Maul, he would have been killed in AOTC, because Obi-Wan HAD to train Anakin to some extent, a la the OT.

18. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Qui-Gon definetly would have trained Anakin. ANakin would have seen his mother long before Episode II. Count Dooku wouldn't have turned to the dark side. He would still be in the order. It's difficult to know whether Skywalker would still be Darth Vader or not. I've always thought that Darth Maul's lightsaber stab to Qui-Gon's gut was the difference between Anakin being a Sith and being a Jedi.

19. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Yes he would have. The reasons were not because of his mastership (Obi-wan was the best posible master. Qui-gon was defiant and Anakin would have strayed to the dark side anyhow) the reason was:

Making 2 main attachments, loss of 1 attachment, fear of the loss of the other.

The reason that Jedi are trained from a young age is so that they forget their parents and that they learn to make no attachments. Anakin's 2 most important attachements were his mum, and Padme. Both attachments were created before his training. Even if QUi-Gon was his master, he would have lost his mum, and fell in love with Padme. That would have led him evil. It is nothing to do with his master.

20. STF

STF Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Even if Qui-Gon did believe the Republic was in bad shape I don't see him joining the Sith in order to correct it so I agree with you on this.

21. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    This is confusing. One person's death makes such a difference! [face_hypnotized]

22. kupo

kupo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2005
    I think George VERY specifically played the story out to have the audience consider such implications, and I think he was, at the very least, hinting at the idea that under Qui-Gon's guidance, Anakin would have never turned.

If you look at the "turning point" for Anakin, it is when he fears losing Palps, but this is because he believes Palps has the ability to teach him how to "save" Padme. And of course, this comes largely from his premonitions. As is very clear now, Qui-Gon's "living" force approach may have helped Anakin realize that these premonitions weren't set-in-stone, that they weren't totally damning. As we now know, the OT Yoda has adopted Qui-Gon's philosophy, "always in motion, the future is." It is at least fathomable, that with 10 years guidance under such ideas, that Anakin never would have turned and would have destroyed Palpatine without all the needless bloodshed in between. Of course, any discourse on this subject is wholly conjectural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.