main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would have happned if Owen and Beru did not die?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sithsean, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithsean

sithsean Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    what would of happned? i know the time was right for lukes "emergance" as a jedi but if beru and owen did not die what would the rebellion do to get luke? would they have sent obi want to do a mind trick on them? would bail go to meet them? have them killed??

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    They'd still be alive, Luke'd go to the academy next year, Owen would warn Obi-Wan not to see Luke anymore. In short: there'd probably be only one SW film :)

3. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah, I think that would have pretty much been it. I think Luke was too loyal to ever abandon them.

4. SarlaccSurvivor

SarlaccSurvivor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Obi-wan would have stolen R2D2, hired Han Solo, and gone to Alderaan. Obi-wan and Han would have rescued Leia. The Battle of Yavin would have still happened, but someone else would have had to destroy the Death Star.

Luke would have gone to the academy. It would have been up to Obi-wan and Leia to recruit him into the Rebellion before he got drafted by the Empire.

5. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    In order to answer your question you first have to figure out why did they not die? Did luke arrive in time to save them (no weapons, no training in the force, not very likely)

were they not home when the farm got destroyed looking for the droids, then they would not be safe returning and they would go into hiding and luke would move on

6. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Heh...Obi-Wan would get frustrated and tired of waiting and kill off Owen and Beru just to set things in motion.

Mr. K

7. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    ESB and ROTJ would most likely not existed.

8. DarthJebediah

DarthJebediah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    There would've only been one Star Wars. And it would've sucked balls after the first half hour.

9. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    If they hadn't died from their injuries, they would need Vader suits as well.

10. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Luke.. I am your uncle[face_laugh]

Seriously...Poor Luke probably would have been a really sad and depressed guy and whine about it.

He would have had a glimpse at something better in his future... learing about his father, an adventure and getting off the planet.I don't know if he would Start to hate Owen for making him stay... they are his family after all.

I'm sure if it was to be there would be some way for Luke to get involved.

Better yet MAYBE Ben would go anyway and Teach Leia to become a jedi, send her to Yoda etc. that would be interesting.... I'm sure they could back for Luke one day....[face_thinking]

11. Qui-GonSolo

Qui-GonSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Obi-Wan would have gotten so tired of listening to Luke's whining about having to go back home and help with the harvest that he would abduct Luke and hire Han Solo to take him to Alderaan and teach him the Force. They would obvoiusly not have gotten to Alderaan and they would have been captured by the Death Star. Everything else happens normally except that everyone would have to listen to Luke's whining about how he misses Tatooine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.