main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN What Would I be if I lived in the (You fill in) Universe

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Edric-The-White, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Okay. Bored now. We must all play a game that will remind us that we are, in the heart, 12 year old sci-fi fanpersons.

Shall we play a game.

I call it.....What would I be in the world of (your fictional universe of choice).

I will start it off.

What would I be if I lived in the Star Wars Universe.

I would be a Dark Lord of the Sith. My Sith Name would be Zhun, Darth Zhun. All of my toadies would wear black armor with dark blue highlights.

My ship of choice would be a 10 mile long warship - all black with lots of dark green lighting effects - named the TEMPIST.

My apprentice would be Darth....well, I cannot think of a good female Sith name but she would look a lot like Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Enjoy the game,

Edric

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    What a gorram surprise :p

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    If I lived in the Star Wars Universe.

I would be a Twi'lek and dance all my cares away.

4. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^Greetings, Earwen Lightrider. I do not believe you have ever visited one of my crazy threads. Mine are the fun threads, the happy threads, the threads where you can just daydream and geekout.

I am still Darth Zhun on the Super-Ridiculous Stardestroyer Tempist. Going off now to do some Sith things.

Ta Ta,

Darth Zhun aka Edric

5. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Oooooooooooooh boy....just remember: you asked for this ^_^

ok, so if I was anyone from *MY* universe, I would be. Well, I can't just title myself. I need to tell the story.

So there's this planet in the mid-outer rim of the star wars universe named Gercient. It has two major civilizations that exist in relative peace, but one is clearly dominant to the other (think Naboo vs Gungan civs). The dominant civilization is a mixture of Egyptian, Grecian, Persian, and Nabooan...they have a very matriarchal society in which the throne is inherited by the eldest daughter of the royal family. In this case, the current monarch is Sai'ra Ashlenio - bold, demanding, loud...not the best family person, but a good leader. She is not the eldest though, she is the middle sister. Her older sister was taken as a Jedi before Sai'ra was born (jedi-ness ran rather prominently in the family and they were praised for this). Her younger sister, Daniella, was always slightly rebellious...yet thrived on politics and eventually became a senator for Gercient in the Galactic Senate. Interestingly enough, the two had actually kept in touch with their eldest sister and (even though they really don't know her THAT well), keeping up a decent enough, professional, relationship. Which has helped Daniella especially in her senate career.

Something to understand about Gercient - thousands and thousands of years ago it discovered a planet on the very fringes of the outer rim that could sustain human life. In fact, humans already lived there but did not posses the ability for space travel. Whether they were native to the planet or another people had been there and declined technologically, the people of Gercient were not sure, but it didn't matter. They decided to colonize it. The planet was named Gaia and the Gercientians gave to its people many different aspects of their culture, their technology, etc etc etc.

Back in the present, Daniella eventually got more and more fed up with the way the government was being run, with always being ignored or brushed off as representing a system with little to no say in the galaxy...and with her sister with whom she had always had a very rocky relationship. A final line was crossed when Sai'ra (much against Daniella's wishes and principles) launched an all out attack on the other civilization on the planet. She meant to conquer them quickly to unit the planet under one banner, but it ended up being a bloodbath. An infuriated Daniella shed her last name and disappeared from her place in the galaxy.

She settled on Gercient's colony (known to the locals as Earth), married in England, and had a daughter named Alana...who showed signs of possessing the same Force-gift that Daniella's eldest sister had shown. Of course, the whole concept of Jedi, Sith, and the Force was unknown on earth, so Daniella did the next best thing for her daughter. She encouraged her to focus her gift in another direction and sent her off to Hogwarts at the age of 11.

Alana was sorted into Ravenclaw, graduated top of her class, became a professor and an excellent duelist (probably due to her uncanny ability to predict her enemies' moves before they made them) and never knew about her real background until the death of her mother...when her Jedi-aunt came to claim the body for a royal burial back on Gercient. Since then, Alana is still a professor at Hogwarts, but makes the long trip back to her mother's homeworld at least once a year or so to visit. Technically, she is in line for the throne of the planet (which was not *totally* united after the war), but she is in line behind Sai'ra's two children and will probably never be Queen.

... I'd be Alana ^_^

P.S: those people on Earth before Gercient found it? Totally the 13th tribe of Kobal... after few hundred years of no space travel and declining technology XD

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmmm...

1. Star Wars - I'd be my SW-RPG character named Capt. Blake Valorum or his Legacy comic book era descendant named Blade Valorum. Both characters are of my own creation and are canon-centric. One other possibility would be a Celegian character I created for the SW-RPG. Its name is Spokosh.

2. Battlestar Galactica - I guess I'd be a surviving bridge officer from the Beast. Or a Mark-VII Colonial Viper pilot.

3. Babylon 5 - I guess I be a Thunderbolt pilot assigned to an EarthForce Warlock Class Destroyer. Or I'd be in command of said Warlock Class destoyer. This Warlock Class destroyer would be named the Gandalf

4. Star Trek - :p Guess I'd just not take myself too seriously in such a bland universe. Guess I'd opt to be Andorian and in command of an Akira Class starship. Or maybe I'd be a Q. That way I could just snap my fingers and have Trek erased from my mind altogether.

5. Dune - captain of a Javelin Class Destroyer or KIndjal starfighter pilot during the Butlerian Jihad. During Maud'Dib's era I'd be frigate captain for House Atreides.

6. V - Well I share the same first name with the main male protagonist. So I'd be Mr.
    Donovan.

7. Dr. Who - Easy...I'd be a Dalek out to !EXTERMINATE! HEH-HEH-HEH

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks :) I'm trying to get around to posting with all the FFs I watch on a regular basis [something possible to do now with the wedding out of the way :p].

In the Star Trek universe... it would be fun to spend some time as Navaar :).

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    As Navaar or with Navarre?

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    As Navaar (the Orion chick) but I have no problem hanging out with you :p

10. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Well, I've already covered Star Wars.

In the Marvel Universe, I am The Sorcerer Supreme.

In the DC Universe, I am a Green Lantern of Sector 001 (OA) Although I occationally visit Sector 2814 (Earth)

In the Babylon 5 Universe I am a Ranger with my own Whitestar.

In the Buffy the Vampire Universe I am a Vampire Slayer in the tradition of Peter Cushing from Horror of Dracula.

Now, to the Star Trek Universe. The Trek Verse is so vast, rich, and textured it is almost impossible to choose what I would be. What the heck, here we go. I was formerlly XO of the Endeavour and promoted to captain after a rather brilliant bit of combat skills following Wolf 359. I then went on to command the Ambassador-class USS Discovery. We survived the Dominion War but, sadly, had to detonate the warp core inside a sub space doo dad that was about to destroy Earth's sun. I now command A Soverign Mark II -class starship named Discovery (NCC-32001-A). Oh, and my wife looks a lot like Selene from Underworld.

Oh, I almost forgot, I got a peek into the future and I eventually become President of the Federation, bring the Klingon, Romulans, Cardassians and Borg into the mix creating an era of peace never known before that lasts 10,000 years (Pax Galactic, as 3121st century historians will call it). In my 100s, I build a massive starship so large that it has its own ocean. On board are representatives from every member world. On board the Starship Far Traveler, we head off to the edge of the universe to start a new satellite Federation so that when the Milky Way eventually burns out, the Federation will go on, forever and always.....just like Star Trek! :)

So, there it is.

Enjoy,
    Edric

Edric

11. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    My turn!

In Star Trek (Old Skool) I'd be a cadet on my first away mission. I'd lovingly press and starch my red shirt before beeming down to the M class planet and checking behind that big paper mache rock......

In Star Wars, I'd be a guy running for his life, as soon as I hear that Cloud City has been overrun by the Empire. All I would take with me would be my yellow jumpsuit and my homemade icecream maker, cuz stang I'z love me some rock-salty ice cream.

In B5 I'd be asleep, becouse I just can't get past the first season where nothing of interest ever happens.

In Star Trek (New Skool) I'd still be a red shirt cadet who dies on an away mission (this time from a black oil slick), only I would be revived by a holographic docor via a long string of techno-sounding dialouge. Only to have my inner organs mutate, and thus I will become a big slug thing.

In Doctor Who, I'd be in the first 30 seconds as the guy that tries to pet the cute alien, before it morphs into a CGI hell beast and eats me just before the themesong.

In Firefly, I'd be the guy that tells a very witty joke, using keen insite of the situation at hand to exprese my gifted talent for diolouge. Right before a reaver spike impales me completly out of nowhere.

In BSG I'd be the guy that keeps looking for cigarettes, and never finds them. Even though everyone else smokes like a champ, all the tobacco farms blew up in the pilot episode. Somewhere in the fleet, is the smoke ship (Battle Star Emphysema), and I am looking for it.

But. In this universe, I am a very tired college adminestrator after the first day of having the kids back who misspells on internet forums.
    G'Night!
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

12. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    [face_laugh]
    YEAh-sss indeed...you would be.

13. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I am leading an ARM expedition to The Ringworld. We are traveling in a #3 Puppeteer hull that was named "Scream of Love" by our Kzinti weapons officer during a night of heavy drinking. I am the right age, so if we come upon ant "Tree-of-Life" root, I have volunteered to eat it and become a Protector-stage human.

I am a knight of Gondor.

I am in the Mobile Infantry, stationed on the Douglas MacArthur. I mean Heinlein's Starship Troopers and not that crappy movie!

I am a Dragonlancer. I ride a silver Krynnish dragon. Some of my best friends are Gnomes. One of my favorites is "He Who Mutters Polynomial Fractions While Sleeping".

I have alot of "Knight in Shining Armour" scenarios going.

I am a Space Viking from the H. Beam Piper universe. I captain a 2,000 foot collapsium-plated globe named the Kraken. We have just returned from raiding the Sword Worlds. I am heading back to Tanith to get a major overhaul. Flamberge put up a pretty good fight. They still had some atomics left from before their civilization started declining. Any planet that can't put up a decent fight is usually not worth raiding.

14. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    In Star Wars I would be a smuggler who doesn't dump the spice at the sight of an Imperial cruiser (I would have some dignity).

In Farscape I would be bored and asleep.

In B5 I would also be bored to tears and sleeping.

In LOTR, I would be ringwraith so I kick arse and take names later.

In Dune I would be a sandworm so I can eat those I disagree with.

In Trek I would the guy who spends all day in the bar and the holodeck at bars from history. In DSN I would kill Quark and take over the bar. Drinking and womanizing is really all there is to do in the ST universe outside of the occassional Borg invasion.

In the HIcthhikers Guide Universe I would be on the crew of the Heart of Gold with Zaphod, Arthur, Ford, and Trillion. Oh the things you could see with an Improbability Drive!

15. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    In the universe of Veronica Mars I would be Veronica's boyfriend.

In the universe of Underworld I would be Selen's boyfriend.

In Dune I would have an ongoing headache because the books are long and dull.

Edric

16. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    [face_laugh]

In SW I'd be an astromech droid that never gets destroyed but quietly does my job extremely well and wonders why that old R2-D2 gets all the glory.

In Trek, I'd be a normal person living on Earth enjoying the fact that I don't have to work to live, but because it makes me a better person. And I don't really want to be a better person, so I mooch.

In Stargate, I'd be Walter - That guy that always dials the gate, but never gets to do anything else.

In B5, I'd be wondering why all the aliens have bad accents but cool spaceships.

In Farscape, I'd wonder why aliens have bad gas. And if a pulse pistol would ignite said flatulence.

In Dune, I'd be ticked, because I hate heat and sand.

In LOTR, I'd be a hobbitses happily looking forward to my Eleventy-first birthday.

On Krynn, I'd be a Kender, merrily charging headlong into ...walls, and wondering where I got all these cool trinkets in my pockets and pouches, and oft telling my companions how my uncle Candledrop came by that name... oh look! A dragon! Aren't they big?! I wonder if it would let me ride on it's back?

In Firefly, I'd be a Browncoat minding my own business on the rim, just trying to keep flying. They can't take the sky from me.

In the Buffy-verse, I'd be a cross between Xander and Oz. Not as cool as Oz, but as chatty as Xander. I'd be the quiet buffoon with the hot female friends.

17. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    A few additions:

BSG I would be a Viper pilot. I hope to be one who doesn't get vaped early in the season.

Firefly I would be a browncoat out minding my own business and taking jobs when they come around. I would not take on stow-aways because they are too much trouble.

18. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    I just discovered Firefly. Love it. I guess I'll be a brown coat as well.

19. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Excellent!!! The collectors edition of the movie just came out this week, and the Library will showing the movie in November (see my other thread about that).

20. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Go buy the complete series DVD, you will not be disappointed!!!

21. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    If the suits at Fox had put that show in a decent time slot it would have fared a lot better.

22. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    My copy of Firefly should be here Tuesday along with Heros season one. And, NO, I am not just getting Heros because the chick from Bring It On All Or Nothing is in it. I invested my hard earned disposable income on Heros because several producers from Star Trek work on it, George Takei is in it as is the new Spock.

Okay, that all is a load of Bantha Poodoo, I got it because of the cheerleader...................

Edric, forever

23. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Yes, the cheerleader is hot. But the show is excellent anyway!

24. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Does anyone know when the new seasons of Heroes and LOST begin?

25. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    I must admit that the only reason I started watching Heroes was because of the Blonde, but then that is the only reason I started watching Doctor Who.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.