main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson What would it take to make a real Light Saber?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Please forgive me cathiecat for not addressing this sooner. Professor Searl's invention was initially discovered by him back in 1946. He was 14 years old at that time and had recieved help from a wealthy man who, though had been stricken with terminal cancer, had taken a liking of the the young man. Though I'd love to say what I really want to say as to why the United States has chosen to ignore this technology I'll tone it down and try not to hop on top of my SOAP BOX. The biggest industry that this country is still allowed to have is the OIL INDUSTRY. The oil industry is run by the best captains of industry in the country. The oil industry, is an energy producing industry that is out to use up every other country's oil reserves first, then use our oil reserves for last and make a big killing. Did you recall the announcement last year that Exxon made more revenue than ever. They made a killing. Now imagine if this Searl Effect technology was backed by some people with real money. There would be nothing less than total corporate warfare for control of that invention! If the oil companies failed to acquire it they would next have to make sure that nobody else had it in their possession either, because inventions like that have a habit of growing legs of their own and taking off and running into a whole new industry. Example: The Diesel Electric Locomotive manufacturers vs. the Old Steam Locomotive manufacturers. In the end Diesel Locomotives won out in that battle. Searl has been within a hair's breadth of that happening only to be betrayed by is former wife. He's only just getting a decent head of steam on the comeback trail. Unfortunately there are many people out there who do not want Professor Searl to succeed with his invention without them being the one's who make a killing off his hard work and thus get a free ride out of him. So between simple greed and corruption in England and the oil companies black balling and harrassing our local inventors, we see little or no break throughs in the area of free energy. Please note that if we did have free energy we sure as @&*t wouldn't need oil now would we? That's not to say that we haven't had our fair share of inventors in this field of physics. Nichola Tesla (The Arrow Motor Company Free Energy Electric Car), Thomas Henry Morrey [sic?](Free Energy device that tapped into highly active radio frequencies and produced Free Electric Power), Paul Adams (The Adams Motor Switches Magnetic Polarity and interacts with the Earth's magnetic field), Thomas Voley [sic?] (The over unity N-machine reaches 27000 rpm and starts cranking out more power than what goes in) and many more. Now before everybody decides they want to jump on silly old Vangarian's doo-doo and say poo-poo. I have something to say to you-you. The 2nd law of thermo-dynamics is violated every time an H-bomb goes off. If you conclude that the system involved with the H-bomb being started by an Atomic bomb is a closed system then it leaves no room for more energy coming out than what was initially invested. Many will no doubt argue that all we had to do was take into account the energy source from the hydrogen/dueterium/tritium when it went fusion and released energy from 1/100th of its mass and they would be correct. But what if we didn't know that? Our philosophy would prevent us from making the critical attempt. Searl didn't assume anything. He found out for himself and got supreme results. That's why I say with extreme prejudice that the UNIVERSE IS NOT A CLOSED SYSTEM!!!!!!! On my next entry I'll attempt to describe the Searl Effect Generator and how it works. Until then be safe out there, everybody.

Vangarian out.

2. Seth_Percival

Seth_Percival Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2006
    Hand down for Vangarian,

Good Work.

Sincerely,

Seth

3. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Thank you, Seth. You are very kind. Time still doesn't allow me to write up the intricasies of the S.E.G., because my wife had an automobile accident a week ago Monday and we're trying to find her a new car over at Auffmith Motors. I promise I'll return with more information when things are calmed down at this end.

Vangarian out.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Is she OK?

5. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    how did that happen?
    that sux

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hope all is well now on the home front Vangarian.

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    It was really weird. She was at an intersection near Miracle Mile when the car ahead of hers kept creeping and stopping as it was getting ready to make a right turn. It started to commit to the turn and then for no apparent reason abruptly stopped and she hit it. Since she was acting on the assumption that they where finally going she would have been falted if TPD ever bothered to show. A kind DPS patrolman covered for her while she waited for the towtruck from Gary's Towing to get her car moved back to our house. The driver of the other car was theatening and everthing, then left her there with the excuse that they had a child onboard and were going to the hospital. There was no proof what so ever that they had a child onboard that clunker. The DPS officer suspected that my wife had been set up by some unscrupulus people who were out to get insurance money through fraud. Thus far the insurance company has withheld payment to the other people. Yes it does sux.

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes thankfully she is ok, just a bit upset with yet another example of skum and villany trying to steal out of her pocket, plus the fine driving skills exhibited here at Mos Two Suns, Tattoine by the local Star Port populus. This of course includes her driving skills too. :rolleyes: [face_tired]

Vangarian out.

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    One could always hope for flawlessness. But sometimes its like trying to convince some people of the feasibility of making a real light saber, if you follow my drift. LOL Actually though we seem to be doing better today since she got herself a 1999 Jeep Cherikee to replace the Dodge Stratus. So we seem to be well on our way to recovery. Please?

Vangarian out.

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    My thanks to you all who showed concern on this accident. :)

Vangarian out.

11. TI-525

Oct 30, 2005
    it sounds like they were doin it for insurance money
    pah.....not cool
    not cool

12. Whitedog

Whitedog Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2006
    OMG last year I found a site in which a guy was talking about how he made a light saber out of some lasers. He said that when you cross laser beams they creat a dot in mid air then you make the dot move up and down to make one line then move it in a circle to make a bar that lookes like a light saber. I only found the site by searching "how to make a real light saber" I tried to find it again but I cant has anyone else ever been on the site? I did try the laser thing but there was no dot but then again the lenses are distorted because I have used them so much before.

13. TI-525

Oct 30, 2005
    welcome white dog!

14. Whitedog

Whitedog Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2006
    Thanks! I love star wars but I once hated it when I was little cause I saw episode one! But I have always wanted a light saber.

15. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Episode One seems to have that effect on a lot of people. Had the first STAR WARS film that was made been Episode One instead of Episode Four, there would have been no series!

DEATH TO JAR-JAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. The name of this thread is HOW TO MAKE A LIGHTSABER, not HOW MANY DIFFERENT WAYS CAN ONE ROAST A GUNGAN. Sorry about getting off track.

17. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]
    Good one Jack

Welcome to the TFF boards Whitedog

TTYL

18. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Here's a site with some technology out there now that comes close, but not quite, to a lightsaber I suppose: (you might have to copy/paste)

http://www.laserglow.com/handheld3.html

My husband also works for an agricultural manufacturer that uses lasers to cut parts out of varying thicknesses of sheet metal...the primary function of the ones on the site are personal cutting tools, at least that's what I got from it...

19. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I like that ARIES hand held light torch. Uhuh, uhuh, uhuh, uhuh. [face_skull] ]-}

Vangarian Druels all over himself and the Web page, shamelessly unaware of the fact that its getting steamy in his proximity. :eek:

Vangarian out.

20. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Glad you like it Vangarian!;) I aim to please (ha haa)

I know, I want one too!!!! I like the silver handled one...[face_mischief]

21. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Looks really really :cool:

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I really like the 250 mw in green. Hmmm, that would make a nice center beam of sorts if it could be pulsed at micro-wave frequencies. Obviously a more powerfull one would have to be used for the real thing, but for a test stand model along with an edge emitting laser for the narrow cone it sure would be interesting to check it out. More drueling!

Vangarian out.

23. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok, back again. As I promised a while back, I would do a detailed description and explanation of the Searl Effect Generator that would be used for powering the Light Saber. The SEG is a unique application of current day technology that makes use of different materials for generating electrical power without having to invest an equal amount of physical power to get said electrical power continuosly. Professor Searl, at age 14 back in 1946 had more than successfully demonstrated that a generator using a magneto approach to generating electrical power was what was neccessary to get the job done. After much research on his part, during the years that followed, he discovered that using rare earth metals was what was needed to get his invention supercharged. It turns out that rare earth metals have an affinity for as little as 1 extra electron and as many as 3 extra electrons in their valence shells. This results in the rare earth metals being very chemically active. They bond chemically with oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen plus plenty of other elements with the exception of noble gases. Professor Searl uses other materials and elements for his searl effect generators. These include nylon or plastic depending on whether or not a ring or a roller is being used. The rings can be laminated with an innermost layer of neodymium followed by a layer of insulator (plastic or nylon), then a layer of iron or steel followed by a layer of titanium followed by a layer of sulfer followed by a layer of silicon followed by a layor of aluminum. This procedure requires heating and pouring of these melted elements and materials in molds so as to properly fit them into their respective ring/roller layers, except the aluminum which aplied by way of anodized spray. Next the iron or steel portion of both rings and rollers must be properly magnetised with DC and a seperate circuit of AC to create an unstable magnetic condition between the rings and rollers. The frequency of the AC current for the rings magnetizer is 10 KHz while the rollers recieve a setting of 15 KHz. This causes the rollers to never find a stable center when in contact with the rings, thus resulting in the rollers always rolling around the rings at full speed. Thus no input of energy is required to get the rollers to circle the rings continuosly. The highpowered SEGs used for flying discs can generate over 14 million volts of electricity. The moderate powered SEGs use only 4 of the elements mentioned in the high powered ones and put out about 21 killowatts of power. Those units are perfect for home applications. That's it for now, more later on.

Vangarian out

24. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    There was some discussion earlier about how to focus and stop the blade of a lightsaber, and the idea of using a lens was mentioned. While I think this idea sounds plausible, it occurred to me that the lightsabers in Star Wars are focused by using a crystal, an unrefined/unpolished crystal, I believe. So, if we were to construct a lightsaber using the same general materials as the Jedi, I have to think that it would not be possible. The crystals shown in most lightsaber diagrams have some length to them, thus, I imagine they would diffuse the laser, not focus it. Also, a 'lens,' per se, is made of glass (silica), whereas a crystal can be made from a wide variety of elements or compounds, which would have an effect on its optical properties. Admittedly, I don't know what these effects would be, but I am leaning towards the crystal not transmitting a laser well at all. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Now, all of this about the blade being focused, etc, assumes that the blade is, in fact, a laser. I'm going to say that the blade cannot be a laser (which makes my paragraph above a moot point). My logic here is that when two laser beams intersect, they just go right through each other without resistance, but with real lightsabers, one blade stops another indicating some sort of substance to the blades...so, is the blade of a lightsaber really an optical question at all?

25. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    In truth, JediObiKat the point of intersection for two Lasers results in the beams being transformed into regular ambiant light at the point of intersection. When you take two lasers-one an edge emitting laser and the other a center emitting laser and have the center emitting laser aimed up the middle of the focused edge emitting laser-the point of intersection then is both a point of connection and a point of divergence for ambiant light. The trick is to use a lense that is like a dohnut with no center. Thus you can focus the edge emitting laser without interuppting the center emitting laser's beam. Another trick that would have to be brought to bare would be to design the edge on laser emitter with a hollow center region or to design the edge emitting laser to have a simultaneous center emitting laser. I believe the latter would be more practical for simplicity's sake. However if I were to use extremely high voltage potential, then I'd have to split the difference as it were with a seperate center emitting laser. Then I'd be able to use voltage relays extremely close to the two lasers respective beams, one negatively charged the other positively charged. The negatively charged voltage relay would feed electrons to the center beam's flow towards the point of intersection. In turn the positively charged voltage relay would be brushing within a hair's breadth of the edge emitting laser's beam and draw the electrons back to the positive contact of the SEGs circuit. With the two lasers being extremely powerful, they would also have to be pulsed in the
    micro-wave range in perfect syncronization in order to both cancel each other out at the point of contact and ionize the nitrogen in the surrounding atmosphere and thereby create and maintain the flow of extremely high voltage levels. The resultant colomb effect would create resistance along the outer edge of the edge emitted laser beam's surface. This would mimic a solid surface for all intents and purposes. Thus you would have a very hot blade with some major kick. Now to address the gem issue. Unfortunately no we haven't been able to use unfaceted or unpolished gems as a beam emitter. That's where a polished ruby or a polished titanium saphire would come into play. I guess we can't have it all, JediObeKat.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.