main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson What would it take to make a real Light Saber?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Creating a potential difference across the length of the laser sounds plausible (though that would have to be a lot o' volts!) My question now is, with that high a voltage on the blade, wouldn't cutting your enemy with the blade now electrocute him as well as slice him in two??

2. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    As near as I can figure, JediObiKat the path of least resistance would be to the positive end of the circuit by way of the lasers, not to the body of the perspective opponent and then to the ground. The electrons would likely be heated tremendously if they were to travel through the beams themselves. In my opinion, I believe that the electrons would more likely push outward a bit further than the lasers due to the columb effect. This would act as a type of force field to stop the opponent's light saber blade. As for voltage potential, how does 14 million volts sound to you for starters? As for electrocuting the opponent?... I'd have to say that the path of least resistance would still have to be back to the positive connection to the SEGs since the SEGs use Rare Earth Metals in order to harness electrons. Rare Earth Metals attract electrons from any source available be it free ambiant electrons in the atmosphere or chemical interaction with oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen.

Vangarian

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Either way it would still hurt [face_beatup]

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Amen, Brother hal9k1. Amen. [face_whistling]

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Now for the next stage of our project. In Popular Science, Oct. 1989, p 25. H2O when highly compressed and cooled results in the oxygen appearing blue, with the hydrogen crystalizing in two forms one clear, the other opaque and super conductive. The super conductive metalic hydrogen lattice has zero resistance to electrical current. This was the one missing piece I was in need of to make a Light Saber a believable reality. A room temperature super conductor. If this material could be fashioned/shaped, one could then etch a super conductive path for the electrical current flow back to the Searl Effect Generator's positive connection with out any problems from electrical resistance and its resultant heat build up.
    Has anyone from the Two Suns area come across any other more recent articles on crystalized hydrogen? Thoughts, comments?

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    no.. but I will google and read and report back on what I find. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.