main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would make you so happy that you stay long after the credits have rolled?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by purplerain, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Even if I was happy, I don't know why I'd stay after the credits unless there's a surprise scene after they're done.

2. Njfritz

Njfritz Jedi Master star 3

Oct 2, 2014
    I sit through all of Star Wars' credits because of the beautiful music.

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    My answer is nothing. :)

I will be staying until the credits end and then we'll leave. This is what we usually do because I like to listen to the music and check the credits to if anyone I know comes up ( I jest :) )**

For TFA, I also expect there to be large crowd so staying in our seats avoids the futility of trying to get out through the mob. I was even like that as a kid in Mass - that rare breed of Irish Catholics who didn't rush for the door when the priest said it was over (EDIT: Same at the GAA matches) - I never understood the logic of running to get stuck in a crowd/traffic jam. :)

** I love that line from the Muppet film (Great Caper I think) where Fozie asks if any one actually reads the credits and Kerlit responds with "Sure. They all have families." :D )

forzaskywalker likes this.
  4. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah I will probably buy the soundtrack after the movie so I can listen to it at home. My wife will tell me I'm really cool, too lol

5. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    If Luke actually gets to do something....and it's AWESOME! (Seriously, just ONE lightsaber fight and some Jedi wisdom - that's all I need!)

And maybe a R2/BB-8 rap battle, but I digress.)

6. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    Anything more than what's rumored would be appreciated

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    A free 12" fully articulated Finn (with lights and sound) to the last person who leaves the cinema.

8. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The second showing

9. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The music is definitely going to entice me to stay, although a bad/awful movie might make me so disappointed that my first instinct will be to flee the scene of the crime a quickly as possible. If it's a genuinely great film, however? I'll be sitting through the credits with a big, stupid grin plastered on my face, just letting it soak in.

11. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I intend on staying all the way through the credits, sitting there in my long sleeved Jedi Order symbol shirt, no matter how bad or good the movie is. Any movie with a Williams score will keep me glued to the theater seat until the final note fades out.

12. Codename_Strife's_Shadow

Codename_Strife's_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2015
    I want to be utterly, completely CAPTIVATED. Being as young as I am, I completely missed the magic of waiting for the previous movies to be released, seeing them in theatre, and listening to the applause (or booing) of the audience at the end. I want the movie to rekindle the love and excitement I felt for the series when I first watched it when I was six or seven. I want to be so blown away that if I stand afterwards I might fall over and pass out from stress and adrenaline. I want to feel the Force within me, within the audience. I want to feel the Force surround us, and create that sense of camaraderie that many fans get to feel. That will keep me in my seat. Otherwise, you'll find me running through the streets in full costume engaging other Jedi/Sith in lightsaber combat. :cool:

" The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." - Alec Guinness as Obi-wan Kenobi, A New Hope

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Feeling maybe 5% of the unbridled joy and wonder that I did when I first saw SW as a child would leave this jaded middle-ager glued to his seat, covered in popcorn, for a fair while.

Dak Oolron, Sarge and Yanksfan like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Making out with a hot date.

15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    What would make me so happy that I'd stay long after the credits have rolled?

Episode 8 starts. :D

16. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    You see Han's "dead" body on the ground as a stormtrooper goes around shooting bodies to make sure they are dead. He raises his blaster at Han, *BANG* Han says "I shot first."

17. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I would stay after If the movie started with THIS:
    [​IMG]

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  18. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Staying for the credits (Star Wars movie, that is) is a must for me, cuz I like the music.

It might be possible that I stay after the credits, because I'm going to a premier party, so there might be bunch of people there to talk to.

19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If Natalie Portman was at the same screening and she insisted on making out with me during the credits and then left, I'd probably stay a bit to process what just happened

20. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Sounds like she'd be leading you down a path you can't follow...

Messi and Darth_Articulate like this.
  21. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    music, my favorite 2 soundtracks were ESB and AOTC

22. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    if the final scene has a scantily clad Daisy Ridley..... I might not be able to get up for a few minutes :p

23. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    I'll probably be ordered to leave as soon as the credits roll if I end up going with my girlfriend.
    But if they hold off on Luke until the very final scenes, and unleash some kind of hooded Hamill masterclass of saber badassery...Then, I'm afraid she's getting headlocked and screamed at for the duration.
    And if you believe that, then I'll believe I'm not whipped. I do hope she's working late on December 18th...I've never seen my friends for months!?

24. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Jar Jar bones.

25. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    I plan to sit until the credits finish, if I go with my wife she will be a pain but she will have to endure.

Remember at they very end of TPM credits you got Vader breathing (just like 3 breaths)? I loved that.

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.