Lit What would make you stop reading?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Oooo! Do Senator Meido! He seemed really bizarre. I had hoped he would appear in later tales, but alas....
  2. imiller Jedi Master

star 3
    If anything like what happened to the SkySolos happens to Wedge and his family. Came really close with Dark Nest and Jag...
  3. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    If JJM doesn't get a post-FotJ Lost Tribe novel before they're beaten.

Seriously.

Sith group is pure intrigue when written by JJM, and to a lesser extent by Golden. Allston just uses them, Denning turns them into black-shirts.
    Manisphere and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  4. EECHUUTA Jedi Master

star 4
    Haven't really stopped reading, but that's because I really pick and choose ones that I will read. I have no interest in the SkySolos, as far as I'm concerned there was galactic peace right after the Empire fell and on up until Legacy, and the only true Sith Lord after Vader's era was Darth Krayt. When I do read something it is mainly in the Prequel Era, little to nothing of this other stuff. :cool:
  5. zenji needle Jedi Youngling

I've stopped reading, as the drawn-out saga of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion was a well-written story that made me feel tired for the galaxy. I sustained myself back then by re-reading one-shot books like Isard's Revenge, or Courtship of Princess Leia, or the one that retells the praexeum days from Corran's viewpoint. I followed Bria's recruitment into the Rebellion; I imagined Adumari in blastswording duels against amphistaffed warriors, and I wondered if Kyp could have been a better sacrificial character than Anakin.

And then came Legacy of the Force. Jacen, Jacen, why did you tear the galaxy apart? What would your grandfather say? Didn't you pay attention to lessons at the praxeum? And THEN, great mystery of life, Daala came back! And as an appointed head of the Galactic government. That's when It was over for me. Ackbar and I know who she really is, even if everyone else (by this, i include TPB from both in-universe and the real-world) seemed to come down with collective amnesia.

I don't think I can get back into the EU, not where the novels have led. But maybe, if a book were written in which Mara Jade still had some days left, or the villains were defeated within three novels...that would make me start reading again.

I even found myself missing Dorsk 81 and Waru. Waru!
  6. TheWiseJedi Jedi Youngling

I think I would stop reading the books when they all become electronic.. and paperbacks are no longer available