main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would you do if you were Luke in his sticky situation with Vader?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedisith678, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedisith678

jedisith678 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    What would you do in Luke's situation? It would be hard for me to turn away from my father even if I didnt know my father personally. What would you do? I would have probably went with Vader if he was my dad....

Thoughts???

2. Dark_Faith

Dark_Faith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2004
    Change my name and go into a Self-imposed exile on an unknown world.

3. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I don't know exactly what I would do, but I know I would never join a father who...

Had never been there for me.
    Ordered his soldiers to murder the closest thing I had ever had to a family (Owen & Beru)
    Had murdered the my mentor Kenobi
    Had just cut off my hand

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Ordered his soldiers to murder the closest thing I had ever had to a family (Owen & Beru)

I don't remember that happening. Vader may have given an order for the Stormies to find the droids, collect info, and to take down anyone that gets in the way, but nothing as specific as "go kill the Lars family, here's the address".

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think the question is whether or not you'd try to help him. Not join Vader in the dark side, since we all know that we wouldn't. It would be difficult no matter the situation, but it would be best to know all the facts. Before making a sound and lasting decision. I think Luke did the right thing given the circumstances and I would probably handle it along the same lines.

6. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Darth_Laudrup
    I don't know exactly what I would do, but I know I would never join a father who...

Had never been there for me.
    Had murdered the my mentor Kenobi
    Had just cut off my hand

all cool displays of power though

7. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004

And Hitler never specifically told Heydrich what to do to the Czech people, but I bet it was no party being a citizen of the Czech Republic in those days.

Vader giving the order to take down anything that got in the way made him responsible for what happened and therefor indirectly the killer of Owen & Beru.

8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I didn't need a history lesson, but thanks for that anyways.:) I'm very much aware that he was indirectly responsible for their deaths. You just made it sound like Vader sent them directly to the Lars homestead.

9. Darth_Laudrup

Jul 7, 2004
    sorry. It was in no way meant to be a history lesson [face_blush]

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    No prob man.

11. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Same here.

12. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    actually i think i would volunteer to go join Vader in the dark side, but that's just me.

:D [face_devil]

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, I'd be tempted and I could actually see attempting to feign loyalty and then trying to escape later, but that would likely be how I fell.

14. Dark_Faith

Dark_Faith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2004
    Now that I think of it...I would let go as well..but me....I would SCREAM as I fall...just to piss off the O-OT's purists!

[face_devil]

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I would try to sneak around him.....and make a run for it.

16. MASTER_JEDI

MASTER_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2001
    After hearing Obi-Wan tell me about my father and seeing as though my father's past life of a Jedi impacted me to follow in his footsteps, I would try to claim my father from the dark side of the Force, just like Luke did.

17. JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN

JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    I'd do the same thing Luke did, or, I'd keep trying to save him. Just because Anakin Skywalker joined the Dark Side and became a Sith Lord officialy doesn't mean he wanted to, He had no idea what he was doing. Being a Darth means you are 100% evil. He wasn't evil like his master. He was just angry and pissed off all the time. He didn't know how to control his anger untill it got the best of him. I would just be a Dark Jedi. I'd never intentionally join the dark side and become a Sith Lord. HELL NO! Anakin screwed up!

18. skyysoblue

skyysoblue Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    it is actually quite surprising that Luke did not develop hatred for his father. afterall , his father did not die, he abandoned Luke (the storylines that I have seen do not state whether Luke was aware that Vader did not know he bore children)

when I originally watched the movies, I thought that Vader knew he was going to have children but then ordered his wife into exile so that his children would never know what actually happened to their father.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    lol.

20. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't think I would have had the guts to jump off that platform. I don't like heights.

So I'd probably pretend to join Vader, then steal a ship when I got the chance.

As far as wanting to join him - no way. The man just tried to kill me, and now he's talking about being pals?

21. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I would probably get up and try to kick him. Things would go poorly, but that is what I would do.

This makes me think about something else......Luke wanted to go to the Academy. If he would have went, Vader would have eventually heard of the exploits of a very very good pilot and would have went to check his abilities out. He probably would have felt the force in Luke at that time, Luke would have gotten a promotion.....and another Skywalker would have become a Sith.

Because Owen did not let Luke go to the Academy, Owen is the hero of the Saga!

Carnage

22. JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN

JEDIKNIGHTCORRANHORN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    All nice theories. I honestly don't know.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Well even though he's Luke's father, he doesn't know him, doesn't even know of him until he blows up the death star.At first it's obvious of his intentions to use Luke, train him as an apprentice, destroy the Empire and keep Luke at his heel like the emporer did to him.

I don't see why Luke had such a hard time killing Vader, he may have been his father but where was he when Luke was growing up?Just a thought in Luke's head imaginatory as it was.He may of felt the good within vader, and the conflict, but I've seen Star Wars atleast a thousand time and I'm still unconvinced that he's gonna turn back because it always seems so unrealistic and Vader always seems so cold towards his son.

24. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    He grew up believing that his father was a good man, maybe somewhat dreaming of becoming like his father - a great fighter pilot. Suddenly he has his hand chopped off by this evil brutal dictator type that he finds out....is his father. Obi-Wan had told him his father was a good friend. Obi-Wan had also told him that Vader was evil and betrayed and murdered his father. The poor boy was confused at this point.

He started thinking at realized......his father didn't want to kill him. Perhaps there was good in him. Perhaps he MEANT what he said about ending this destructive conflict....He found out that was a lie, but he had so many different "Points of View" that all he could do was trust his feelings....and those feelings said that his father was good.

Carnage

25. NickMichalak

NickMichalak Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2006
    I might just try to wear Vader down with conversation. I don't think I could just take that fall. Maybe guilt Vader into being a deadbeat dad or something. If an hour or two of that didn't help, I'd probably just give in and escape later. Just willingly falling into that abyss takes a hell of a lot of guts.

-NJM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.