main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Would You Do To Replace Starkiller Base?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nave, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Threads that bash SKB have 50 pages. This thread that asks for what to do to replace it, has 3 pages.

I rest my case.

2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Probably because it's not got circa 40 pages trying to defend/explain it...

guittarjedi likes this.
  3. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I like pretty much every idea in this thread much more than what we got from TFA.

4. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Galaxy-wide vaccinations that either destroy or inhibit midichlorians. Death to the Force!

5. Brybe_Daker

Brybe_Daker Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 21, 2015
    I didn't mind Star Killer Base at all. But if I were going to replace it, maybe a climactic rescue mission on board a Super Star Destroyer would be cool. Just the first thing that came to mind.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's why I think they should have gone the conservative route. Instead of obliterating entire planets, like the Empire did, they should have had a weapon that threatened to ruin civilizations. A "concussion wave" type of bomb would be cool to see, especially one that would envelop the planet globally, shattering every thing in it's wake. Picture the Slave I's concussion bombs, but in a much larger scale. The idea should be to threaten their opposition, not risk losing what they're fighting for in the first place.

jaqen, Darth PJ and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  7. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    How about a good old ancient Sith Thought Bomb?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Or we can go the "Terminator" way and just have the FO nuking the Hosnian Prime planets... Destroying the big cities but at keeping the planet intact for future occupation, albeit with lots of cleaning-up and terraforming work to do!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    But that would devastate the planet's surface for a long time, though. I think a sonic wave type of weapon would do that type of destruction, but it would also leave the planet's surface habitable, as well. At least most of it, anyway. :)

10. Millennium Falcon 888

Jan 6, 2016
    Hahaha, that's why I mentioned "lots of cleaning-up to do"! But a sonic weapon sounds interesting, as it should be able to preserve the environment in a much better way than a nuclear bomb...

And even in the scenario I mentioned, the FO can use their big digging machines (if those are called as such) to build underground cities instead of centering a big chunk of their resources on that limited-use SKB... With the massive reactor becoming something like a command center for the FO and the trench replaced as a takeoff-landing strip for TIEs and other spacecraft!

11. IronMant

IronMant Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    There shouldn't have been another super weapon at all, because now the new trilogy has already blown its super weapon payload AND lost that super weapon... what are they going to do next, make a Death Star the size of an actual star? If the New Republic just HAD to fall in this movie, it should have been a campaign of massive fleet battles with capital ships slugging it out and then the destruction of the capital happening by means of a good ol' fashioned orbital bombardment... something genuinely terrifying, and not just having another planet wink out before they even know it's coming.

jaqen likes this.
  12. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Just wait for it...the "Black Hole Star Galaxy Death Bomb Killer Sphere of Fear" And its shield generator will be protected by yet another shield.

13. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think it would have been better as a new First Order home world with thousands of Star Destroyers being build in orbit. From there they launched the first wave of traditional Star Destroyers occupation attacks on the New Republic. Little more similar to the Cylon invasion maybe where the surviving population is enslaved. Star Killer could still have destroyed a planet or two but wiping out 5 in one go was silly as if they keep at it there is a point where it will leave the First Order with no population to rule over.

By in large though the biggest issue with Star Killer is how the impact is brushed over with such little significance. At least someone should have dropped to their knees crying that this is how "Freedom is Lost" or something.

jaqen and guittarjedi like this.
  14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The First Order finds an automated ship factory left over from the Clone Wars which was once fully automated and operated by droids. They reactivate it and begin using this resource as a tool to prepare a large enough fleet to invade the New Republic.

DARTHLARS likes this.
  15. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Keep the concept of being able to propagate beamed death through hyperspace, but make the strike(s) more surgical. Keep a nefarious machine with a central location but start frying more confined areas like centers of government, and its necessary infrastructure, on several different worlds. The visual impact of manifold destruction - without annihilating entire planetary populations (and thereby avoid no one actually reacting with any conviction to the horror of death at that magnitude ) - could better illustrate the New Order intent to wipe out the Republic and also show the wide expanse of terror that method would induce. Rather than a bigger and badder Death Star, a change of tactic that would give more opportunity to emotionally impact the audience through visualization of multiple locations being destroyed (not just another planet going up in blazes, after which everyone just gets back to business ... a la Alderaan).

MS1 likes this.
  16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Please, no.

No droid armies in Star Wars ever, ever, NEVER again.

guittarjedi and Sarge like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, the only SW droid army that ever impressed me was the war robots of Xim the Despot in Brian Daley's book Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. Those guys didn't have silly voices that said "Roger roger." :rolleyes: They were more like mass-produced Terminators.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would have had not one or two but a fleet of Death Stars. The end game attack would have been to capture one to use against the others. A Death Star duel to end things, but at least one gets away.

19. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Something like the Katana Fleet. A Mcguffin that's not a super weapon but formidable enough to be one and would take more than the latest master stroke of Imperial (mis)engineering to topple.

Force Smuggler and MS1 like this.
  20. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    The map to Luke was more of a McGuffin.

V-2 likes this.
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Is it possible that the base's actual weapon was able to escape before the planet exploded without anyone noticing? I mean, we see a lot of the outer base structures blow up (the thermal oscillator being the main structure), but in all the chaos we don't actually see any First Order evacuees, let alone any escaping ships. We see the planet turn into the sun that it absorbed, but is it possible that the base cannon was pulled out in time?

22. Millennium Falcon 888

Jan 6, 2016
    Hmmm, this would have been an interesting scenario - a Death Star-type super weapon being used by our HEROES to consign the FO to oblivion... That will be a first throughout the entire SW saga, I must say!

23. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    They'll do another Death Star

Forceuser707 likes this.
  24. Forceuser707

Forceuser707 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 23, 2015

They should.

Perhaps 500% the size of the last.

jaqen and Jedi_Lantern like this.
  25. Millennium Falcon 888

Jan 6, 2016
    Jupiter-sized Death Starkiller Base (with numerous planet-threatening weapons all over its surface) coming up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.