main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What would you do?

Discussion in 'Community' started by LifeInTechnicolor, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Sounds like whole name, if they're talking about her siblings, too.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Look, I'll be honest. I ****ing hate Coldplay. Miserable bastards. I would totally sledge your name too.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Haha. It does look like him. But that's Steve Martin.

Coldplay…bleh. Feigned misery.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    IS IT REALLY STEVE MARTIN? FOR TRUTH?

5. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    You forgot exclamation points.

IS IT REALLY STEVE MARTIN?! FOR TRUTH?!

Maybe bold it too?

6. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I did ask to have it removed and I did ask politely, but they deleted my comment and it is still there.

It has my whole name.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    As in, all of it?

8. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Two thirds of it. My first and last name.

9. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't even understand what the issue is.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's that her middle name wasn't listed.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You're going to have to tell us your name and the board url so we can go and sort this **** out for you.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    This is a pretty weird situation.

I'd say give it some time and then see if you still think it's worth doing anything about.

These losers will move on to something else soon enough and you're just a random name to them right now.
    Do you really feel it's worth getting into some back and forth with people like that to try and get it removed when it will probably just egg them on?

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Ask Geraldo. And the forum was YJCC. just go ahead and admit it.

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Didn't you mention they were talking about your family too?

15. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This. What's the problem? So someone posted your name on another forum. Who cares? Why do you care? Do you even post there much? Even if you do, why would you go to the trouble to make a thread here if you were reasonably upset by it? Why make such an ordeal out of something so small? Go outside into the real world and learn what's really worth getting in a tizzy about. This is just a bizarrely trivial thing online.

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Assuming this is real and the name mentioned is your first name and is distinct enough - not a John Smith type of name but John Kzyrumpski type of name that only one person would reasonably have - then I'd suggest you get in touch with the board administration and politely ask that it be removed.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    She did. They didn't.

Gotta agree with SLG... this really isn't that big of a deal. I mean, nude photos, people giving out your personal info... address, etc, that's a big deal. Some people saying mean things on a forum... that's just the internet. Aside from asking for it to be deleted, which you've already done, there's not much more you can do. If you make a huge deal about it in the thread where it's posted, it will probably only make things worse. I mean, this stuff was posted four years ago... it's old news, and the people who posted it have probably long forgot about it. Just let it go... really all you can do.

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It reads like she complained publicly if the post was removed. Better to hit the site owner via pm as was suggested. But if that happens the person (who presumably knows the OP) might just step it up... as others have said, maybe it's better to just walk away.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    And really.... thinking about it, the person who deleted your post actually did you a favor. By complaining in the thread, if that's what you did, you basically identified yourself.... "That is me, those are my family members, our names are ________________." You know? Best to let four year old stuff remain four year old stuff. Like I said, that stuff was probably long forgotten. Just let it go.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Let it GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Do you know these people? If not, they're what... just talking about your name generally? If that's rje case then... yeah, who cares man

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    What's the URL? So we can assess for/with you.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Stop bringing attention to it. I would never have known anything, had you not started this thread. I used to think you were ok - now you're suspect

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I would do nothing.

I can understand if having your real name, first and last, displayed on the internet is disconcerting....but at least it's nothing more serious than that.

If you're just upset that they're making fun of your name...well, don't be. It's a total non-insult.

If someone came up to me and said "you have a stupid name", I wouldn't say or do anything, I'd just carry on with whatever I was doing. A unique name is about the shallowest reason to insult someone.

If you want us to back you up, I'd probably be willing to register to that forum and bash the hell out of every idiot in that thread.

But I was kinda hoping the thread would be about that kids show hosted by Marc Summers.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, hang in there, LifeInTechnicolor.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i would be like "what?!"