main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would YOU do?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by obi-wannabe1, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    depending on the time...id go to Yavin4, and meet Anakin before Tahiri would, heh.....if i were younger, grrrrr....

2. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I'd find Tiershon_Fett and go clubbing...dine and dash, boy I know how to treat a lady to a good time. Get some weapons and steal a ship. Yeah, that'd be a fun evening.

4. Ares_God_Of_Sith

Ares_God_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    Lets see.

First, I'd probably stand around for a few seconds starting.

Now, if I'm in Pre-Empire era, I'd go to the Jedi temple and tell them what happened. They are Jedi, and can tell I'm telling the truth. Depending how long before the Imperial Purge, I'd warn the council, and arrange for transportation somewhere that is not going to get massively wasted by the Empire or the Vong.
    If force-sensitive, I'd try to get training

Failing that, I'd go hook up with Palpatine, tell him I know he's Darth Sidious, I don't care, and I want to help him. If force-sensitive, "Hi, I'm Darth Me". I'd get assigned to the secret Order, set up a second Mount Tantis somewhere I know the Vong won't crash into with resources and dig myself in nice and secret.
    As kick ass Imperial technology came up (specfically, from the games Dark Forces, Tie Fighter, Rebel Assault 2 etc), I'd get what was needed to reproduce them and construct facilities to make them in the second Mount Tantis system.
    I'd arrange for a fleet to get assigned there then disappear from offical records.
    When the World Devestators popped up, I'd try to get one of those two.
    I'd have a ship capable of doing a force download from a Star Destroyer waiting outside the Maw after the events of the Jedi Academy trilogy and download those data files and haul ass back to my base.

I'd build up until Coruscant fell (or a little later), then let loss on the Vong. I'd use any and everything I could against them, including Thermonuclear weapons etc.

After the Empire, I'd go talk to Luke and get moved off world asap, and again, Force training.

If I arrived while the Vong where there, I'd say I was kidnapped from my low tech home by the Jedi and just want to be left along, and could they drop me on a farm planet until I can figure out where my people are. failing that, I'd hide. I'm not stupid, I'm not fighting the Vong without firepower.

Post Vong, I'd go look up the Jedi

Where would I get credits? I'm quite sure that a Jedi mind probe confirming the story would get me some, or at least an audience or something

5. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    First, look around at all the pretty monuments, then stow away on a transport bound for Zeltron! HAHAHAHAHAHA! That, or I'd get a job as a datapusher and make a few creds, save up until I could buy a ship of my own, (all the while hanging out at spaceports talking to pilots and trying to find a pilot who would teach me how to fly) and tour the galaxy. Maybe explore the Unknown Regions. Find a pretty lady to travel with me, and make sweet love in hyperspace. ;)

6. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Ok...first...I'd be scared senseless...then I might just pass out and never wake up the shock would have been to great.

I can't really think of anything right now...maybe later.

7. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I'd start a writing career. I might start with ?Star Wars,? a nonfiction novel about the destruction of the first Death Star, and then continue with ?The Empire Strikes Back? and ?Return of the Jedi.? If possible, I?d try to get the funding to make holo-films out of them.

I would also write a series of fictional novels. My epic ?Lord of the Rings? would be a sure-fire bestseller.

8. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I'd go warn Thrawn about the Nogrhi's treachory and then become his main advisor seeing that I know what's going to happen for the next thirty odd years. I would help him build up a fleet to fight the Vong when they arrive and fight them off. I would also buy a lightsabre and take a transport to good old Korriban to learn the Sith ways from the Spirits that reside there.

Then once I have grown powerful enough kill my puppet Thrawn and take over as the new Emperor. During the years between NJO and the Zahn trilogy I would help Thrawn destroy the Rebellion knowing exactly what they are going to do.

I would wait for Luke to kill the Resurected Emperor seeing as I would be too lazy too challange the old codger.

9. bigeasy535

bigeasy535 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2001
    GtG...
    I hear documentaries aren't that big in the GFFA. If you do it during Empire times, you'd have to run it through COMPNOR's arts division, which would most likely change the OT so much to make it unrecognizeable. :D

10. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I would scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Like Obi Wan did in TPM, not a sissy, girly Eeeeeeee like you would do, Obi. Then, once I had gotten everyones attention, I would quickly gain composure, disappear into the underbelly of the city, and then find a way to be a government informant to capture wanted criminals...I'd require my standard equipment though: Shielded body armor, siege-class blasters (since there aren't any mentioned, I'll have to develop them myself and sell the rights and live off the royalties). Or I could just sit around all day and make origami cranes out of home-made paper for passers by until I make enough money to get off the blasted planet, disguised as a piece of freight. I'd probably head for somewhere lush and warm (where the locals speak basic and don't resemble third world peasants). I'd learn the custums, saying I am an offworlder trying to escape persecution in a non-allied system.

But more likely, I would be shot upon arrival on Coruscant and imprisoned for life because of something or other. Imperial sympathizers would use me, saying I was a rebel sympathizer, since I didn't look like an imperial.

I probably wouldn't make it very long in the SWG...Unless I happened to have all the novels with me, so I could aid the new government and prepare for the future...but I'd need a universal translator of sorts to understand half the species I'd be dealing with.

:D :p [face_laugh]

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    ROTFLMAO, Gandalf !! :D

12. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I'd probably faint. For the first time ever. Then be VERY happy. Like I'd inhaled something rather illegal.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I would go and, as Alan Rickman said in Galaxy Quest: "see if there's a pub". :)

Jedi Ben

14. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    I would become the grearest information broker in the galaxy.
    Having in depth knowledge of the events in the future(through years of reading about the EU) would put me in a position to make more credits than I've ever imagined...and I can imagine quite a bit.

Oh, and I'd change my clothes as quick as possible- I don't want people to think I'm a freak!

15. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Depending when, if the Emperor had just died (see celebration scene at end of ROTJ) , I'd probably scream, faint and then end up dead, either crushed by people fleeing the Imperial Bloodbath on Coruscant precipitated by Isard and Pestage and Stormtroopers, or if I were lucky, I'd make it out and be living a droll life on Coruscant.

If it was during SbS I would be on a refugee ship...

Too Many Possibilities, though if I wanted one, it would probably that I would go off to the Kathol Rift and become A Aing-Tii monk and then become a Jedi in my spare time

16. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    If it happened slightly before NJO (which I hope it would), I'd tell all our heroes that Chewie and Anakin would die and that all this bad stuff would happen to many planets

Then I'd try to get it on with Jaina :D

If it happened after RotJ then I'd probably go out and enjoy life in Coruscant and see if I could find a way back

17. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    Taking a page from Gandalf the Grey above...

Let's face it - Earth based technical and job skills probably won't be in very high demand in a galaxy far, far away....

I'd try to introduce a new kind of music called 'Rock-n-Roll' to the galaxy. 'Borrow' everything I can - from Elvis and the Beatles to Trent Reznor and Bush - doesn't matter where it comes from. Change the words a little... capitalize on all the 'space-themed' songs out there 'Drops of Corellia' instead of 'Drops of Jupiter', "Here... am I sitting in my X-Wing' instead of 'Here... am I sitting in my tin can' from 'Major Tom' ("Rebel base to Major Tom... commencing countdown engines on..." - Bowie would be spinning in his grave!). I think I could sing well enough to pull it off, just need to find some of those funky Bith musicians from the Creature Cantina - the Modal Tones - and teach them a few new tricks. Who knows, their medical technology might even have some kind of cybernetic vocal implant that could make things sound even better?

But first, I need to recover from the shock, find someone who wouldn't mind 'picking up another pathetic life form', in the words of Obi-Wan, and get myself established in this new environment.

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Bowie would be spinning in his grave!."

No he wouldn't, he hasn't even been born yet.

19. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    Okay, since it is 'a long time ago', I guess he'd be spinning in the gene pool of his ancestors.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Luke Skywalker

21. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I'd begin by freaking out a little, then I'd probably find myself hoping that the local currency is, by some bizarre co-incidence, sterling. I'd wander around for a bit, trying to find a clothes store because my school uniform might look a tad out of place, and probably be relieved of my spare change by the first alien I see.

I'd probably wander around for hours after that, hoping to see someone I recognise. I'd finally meet one, but this person would probably regard me as insane and extremely irritating. I've always imagined that if I ever met Kyle Katarn he'd find me highly annoying and would try and lose me as soon as the opportunity arose. :p Then again, who would want a weird kid tagging along after them, asking too many questions and being generally more annoying than Jar Jar Binks with a noisemaker.

22. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

23. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I would use my wealth of knowledge of future events to save the Empire...perhaps rising in personal glory under the guidance of Grand Admiral Thrawn or the Reborn Emperor!

Coruscant shall never fall to rebel scum!

and the Vong? They'd fry LONG before they got into the galaxy.

24. Xani

Xani Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2001
    For some scarier options:

What if you found yourself there, but didn't speak the language! How would you find help? Sure, eventually you could learn Basic, but what about in the meantime - Jedi Purge, Invasions - and you can't tell anyone about it cause no one understands you!

Or, what if you were transported to Corusant as we just saw it last! Can you say 'gift to the gods'?

Foreknowledge would really be your only commodity - very little skills we have would apply in that environment. But if you were transported in the GFFA (let's say a safer spot than Corusant) in the current time of the NJO, you would have no foreknowledge, and just be an interesting oddity.

Now what would I do? Probably end up cleaning toilets somewhere - what else could I do? :)

Now here is a question:

Let's say you have forknowledge of the events in NJO and you arrive soon before SBS, you manage to tell the Jedi of the events in SBS. What changes? Do they listen to you, dismiss you, carry on as planned thinking that they can change things, or just take it as 'the Will of the Force' and change nothing?

Are we still considering SBS to be spoiler territory?

25. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Well, considering the fact that I'm in my Jedi costume, I'd be mistaken for one.

Now, assuming Basic=English and this is after ROTJ on Coruscant, the Empire would probably have me shot. If the NR had been established there already, I'd report to the New Republic security council (can't go to the other jedi, they'd have me spotted as a fraud!) that I had been attacked by a gang using ysalamiri (sp?) and summarily mugged for every credit I had. After being compensated, I'd buy my way out of there ASAP, find myself a nice little apartment on Corellia and hope I go unnoticed. Hopefully the computer could give me enough information to be able to blend in.

If Basic != English, I'd pray to be found by a sympathetic force user who could at least understand my intentions and not be inclined to dissect me or anything. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.