main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI What would you have done?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Idgie, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    There were some key moments in AOTC which really got me to thinking about how I might have reacted in the same situation,so I thought I'd post `em and see what others think.

1)Imagine you're Obi-Wan Kenobi(you like this game already,don't you?)You've just been told by Dooku that the Senate is under the control of a Dark Lord of the Sith,and you believe him.How would you have gone about trying to convince Yoda that this was true?

2)Again,imagine you're Obi-Wan.Your padawan,Anakin has just confessed to you that him and Padme are now married,but he has asked you to keep it secret.What would you do?

3)Now,imagine you're Anakin during the Tusken scene.How would you have handled it differently?Or would you have done it differently at all?Remember,you don't know that you're gonna eventually become Darth Vader,so at this point,you may be too arrogant to think that you could actually be turned to the dark side.

2. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    1)Imagine you're Obi-Wan Kenobi(you like this game already,don't you?)You've just been told by Dooku that the Senate is under the control of a Dark Lord of the Sith,and you believe him.How would you have gone about trying to convince Yoda that this was true?

Heh, I have a bad feeling about this... I imagine trying to convince Yoda would not be easy. He seems to be a bit stubborn, plus I'm a wee bit afraid of him. My approach would be as simple as possible -- I'd tell him why I believed Dooku, and tie that to the jedis having diminished abilities to see things due to the dark side gaining strength. Point out as many facts as I could dig up (hey, if I get to be Obi-Wan, I'll have all sorts of info gathering skills, right?)

2)Again,imagine you're Obi-Wan.Your padawan,Anakin has just confessed to you that him and Padme are now married,but he has asked you to keep it secret.What would you do?

Man, I don't know. Anakin would prolly be expelled from the jedi order... but he is like a son, and has lost his only family... Would I rat him out? Ack, trust is very important, but honor is too. I might opt for a passive-aggressive approach, try to get Anakin to fess up on his own (why do I think that would be more difficult than convincing Yoda of anything?).

3)Now,imagine you're Anakin during the Tusken scene.How would you have handled it differently?Or would you have done it differently at all?Remember,you don't know that you're gonna eventually become Darth Vader,so at this point,you may be too arrogant to think that you could actually be turned to the dark side.

Honestly, I hope I wouldn't go on a killing spree. Imagaine though.... you haven't seen your mother in 10 years, you miss her terribly, and you feel guilty for leaving her behind (as a slave no less). Then you find out that your worst nightmare has come true -- you were not able to protect the one person who loves you totally and unconditionally -- even though you have these powers.
    I think I would be very angry, add that rage to having those powers, plus a weapon, and being amid those who hurt and killed my mother, and a killer may be born. Horrible thought really.
    Another thought, I don't think the future would enter my mind at all in that situation. It would just be the pain, and anger of such an incredible loss.

Cool questions, thanks for letting me ramble a bit :D

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001

I would ask him to look at any and all circumstantial and physical evidence, then follow his feelings in the Force. The combination of the two would make for a convincing argument.

Tough one here. What Obi-Wan would do and what I would do are two separate things. Obi-Wan would report Anakin to the Council, but I would prolly keep his secret for a certain period of time, to see if he can function while married. I know him being with Padme would make him a happier, more willing student. But I would keep an extremely close eye on him as much as I could.

Honestly....I would most likely have gone on the killing spree also. Not a pretty answer, but an honest one.

4. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001

I agree with Royal G on this and I would ask him to look at any and all circumstantial and physical evidence, then follow his feelings in the Force. The combination of the two would make for a convincing argument and force a formal investigation, which I believe might come into light in Episode III.

This one for me isn't too difficult to decide, I would convince Anakin to fess up to the council. A jedi has certain rules and a code for being, these rules and codes are put into place for a reason and falling in love and getting married means lack of responsibility and loss of focus to ones higher duty. Which leads us to the third question.

Well, as we've seen...Anakin is totally incapable of controlling himself and answering his call of duty. I have a hard time believing that 10 years of intensive jedi training didn't take on Anakin. Especially starting him at 10 years old. Consider this, a young man leaves his family and enlists into the military to become a marine. He leaves with the full knowledge of his consequences...what was his home life can and will change -his parents and or siblings could die, but it doesn't distract him from his sworn duty as a marine. Sure, it will be painful, but non-the-less he will remain focused because it is instilled into his being. It only takes 2 weeks to break a man down and to build him back up as a marine...I can't imagine what 10 years would do. Anakin, though powerful, is a poor excuse for a jedi...he allows himself to be swayed and pulled by emotion...always emotion. I feel that who he is and what he becomes is very tragic...his life and direction wasn't really his choice. I personally am not a marine nor a jedi and I would seek vengeance, but I have enough self control to weed out the guilty and not women or children.

5. Quadinaros

Quadinaros Jedi Master star 1

Jun 4, 1999
    1. I wouldn't bother trying. Yoda knows of Dooku's claims. Let him ponder...

2. I would report this to the Jedi Council in a heartbeat. He already exhibits few of the mental characteristics of a Jedi, now this... Being once married myself, I can attest that this only leads to the Dark Side. [face_laugh]

3. I would wipe them out... all of them!!!

6. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    F&B and RG96-aren't "examining evidence" and "following a feeling about the Force" a bit contradictory?Remember,your eyes can decieve you,don't trust them.These plans have been in motion for a long time and the Jedi have not yet had any insight into this,Force-aided or otherwise.

Okay,try this one:Imagine you are Qui-Gon Jinn and you have just discovered Anakin.Anakin wins his freedom,and you are about to leave.Assuming it were possible to bring his mother with you,would you?

Next question:You're Obi-Wan Kenobi and you've been living on Tatooine for nearly twenty years,waiting for Luke Skywalker to reach an age where you can begin his training.What age would you have started training him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.