main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would you like from your Fan Force?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    If you've been checking the threads here and over in Foxboro, you're aware of the attempt to jump-start the FF's in this area and get the blood flowing again. Part of that effort starts with this thread.

In order to help build a FF 'for the people, by the people' I want everyone's opinion. What do you think works, or maybe more importantly, what doesn't work? What would you like to see us do more of? Is there something we can do that would make you post and/or attend meets more frequently? If you have any thoughts on making this a more enjoyable forum and experience, please let us/me know. Nothing is too far-fetched or out-of-left-field.

Thanks and I look forward to your responses. :)

2. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I know I am not a HUGE presence here on the ff boards, but if I may, I have some suggestions/comments. :)

I guess one thing I would suggest is to somehow streamline meet-up organization. Yes, that is probably a HUGE ordeal, but let me simplify what I mean. I often go into a thread that proposes a meet, and by the time it gets to the third or fourth page of the thread, I am confused as to when/where/what the meet is gonna be.

I'm not criticizing at all, as I'm really not an official member or anything, just giving some friendly input. :)

Another thing that works on other boards I go to is kick off a new 'meet' is with a simple "Poll" thread with maybe 2-3 options for the next meet that is being planned:
    ie. options: Good Times, BBQ at someone's house, science museum, etc.

I'm just not sure if polls are available on these boards. But they do seem to give indications what people are leaning towards (in an easily quantifiable way)

I think it might also liven things up to have more threads about activities/conventions/etc that are occuring the new england/boston area. that might broaden the options for meets, and get the 'blood flowing' more, if people are attending and getting out to meet everyone more!

I have no idea if any of that is helpful, but I assure you that I'm only trying to help. :)

Take care! Thanks!
    -roguegirl

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the input R-G, it's always nice to hear members thought on how to improve the experience on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.